« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Khloe and Lamar

Marriage Crisis

Triggered By Drug Abuse

8/24/2013 2:53 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0823_khloe_lamar_02

The marriage of Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom is in crisis, and TMZ has learned ... the core reason is hardcore drug abuse.

Multiple sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ ... Lamar has had a problem for 2 years.  It got so bad, last August Khloe pressured Lamar to go to rehab.  Lamar went to a facility in San Diego, but he was so resistant Khloe hired private investigators to secretly stand guard at the rehab place to make sure he didn't leave.  The P.I.s stood guard 24/7.

Our sources say Lamar constantly threatened to leave and Khloe made several visits to prevail upon him to stay.  We're told after 3 weeks, Lamar left for good.

We're told Lamar actually stayed clean once he left rehab and was able to play well for the Clippers this past season.  But when the season was over, sources say Lamar slipped deep back into hardcore recreational drugs.

As for reports that Lamar was cheating recently, we're told Khloe is convinced it happened, and she feels she's been hit with a double whammy ... but drugs are the main problem.

As for divorce ... neither Khloe nor Lamar has contacted a lawyer.  As one source put it, "Khloe is more concerned about saving Lamar than ending her marriage."

We're told the situation has become dire.  Sources tell us ... within the last 2 days, the entire family staged an intervention, trying to convince Lamar to go back to rehab, but he wouldn't have any of it.

0824-akm-splash-lamar-odom-kicked-out
In fact, on Wednesday morning, right after the failed intervention, Khloe threw Lamar out of the house and as you see from the pic (above), one of Lamar's friends is loading Lamar's stuff in his car as Lamar watches.

We attempted to reach Lamar for comment ... so far, no word back.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Blue Lake

Drugs he can only hurt himself. Cheating he can bring home diseases, get caught on tape and framed and knock up some bimbo. It's purely hateful toward his wife. She should dump his azz.

MXgz

That is so sad. I hope everything works out for them. Khloe is trying to save his life and Lamar needs to realize that and get help :/

LA

This info sounds like it was planted by the Kardashians to smear Lamar.

Vocalz69

I had high hopes for them cuz I seen a Great Love but Khloe should help him through his situation & try to separate & work on herself as well ....😍

FlamingoKid

see what that disgusting family drove him to? Wouldn't you be doing drugs too?

LK

I could tell he was on something when Khole & him had their show . Him & his dead beat friend + Rob . That's why he got traded & than Mark Cuban had 2 send him down 2 the B team . Also he was the one that didn't want 2 film the show anymore . I guess he couldn't hide the drugs & the affairs with a camera crew up his butt all the time . lol

LK

Is it pot , coke & maybe some MMDA ??? I hope he isn't a junkie like his father ??

Conspired BS

And I actually like Khloe. Unfortunately I believe the rumor is true, would explain alot e.g. the paparazzi incident, the infidelity, and the infertility problems -this been had me suspicious, remember Bobby and Whitney? But I'm soo proud of her for being a wife standing by her man, trying to help. Best wishes to them both through this difficult time

Sili'LilSkoolgrl

Sadly all of the Kardashian girls ended up with men with substance abuse issues. Scott and Kanye are what I call 'lamp shade alcoholics' who embarrass their women in public and God only knows what that cheating bum Lamar is on. T/G she didn't have a child with his lazy ass. My guess is she's been covering for him for years to save her own image. Ballers are nothing but trouble.

LK

I think were going 2 start hearing a lot more stories about feeling sorry for Kartrashians in the very near future . They want the public 2 stop hatting them so much . They are going 2 be feeding all kinds of bs 2 get the public 2 try & 2 start feeling empathy for them .

Shag

Just read a story about another New York baller, Dean Memi*****, found dead on a hotel room floor, at the age of 65. I thought Lamar had put these problems behind him. I glad Khloe is doing the tough-love thing. Too often love ones standby, too worried about losing out on the money.

Seriously wtf

And TMZ wants to mock others like Bieber for douchebag behavior? TMZ is the king of douchebags.

DeeMaree

I'm not knowledgable about pro basketball so I looked up the drug testing policy. Players are randomly tested for all drugs 4 times during the season and twice during the off season. The NBA has nothing to do with the testing, it's all done by an independent agency. Supposedly no one can know ahead of time when they will be tested. A serious drug problem...how would Lamar get away with that? If this is true tmz then the bigger story would NOT be this ONE pro bb player doing drugs but the fact that the NBA's drug testing system has been compromised. These are serious allegations.

ted

He had to be high to have sex with Khloe.

jacqueline howe

that is so sad they are like a power couple hope they work it out and get though it ok lots of love for khole and Lamar