« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Khloe and Lamar

Marriage Crisis

Triggered By Drug Abuse

8/24/2013 2:53 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0823_khloe_lamar_02

The marriage of Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom is in crisis, and TMZ has learned ... the core reason is hardcore drug abuse.

Multiple sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ ... Lamar has had a problem for 2 years.  It got so bad, last August Khloe pressured Lamar to go to rehab.  Lamar went to a facility in San Diego, but he was so resistant Khloe hired private investigators to secretly stand guard at the rehab place to make sure he didn't leave.  The P.I.s stood guard 24/7.

Our sources say Lamar constantly threatened to leave and Khloe made several visits to prevail upon him to stay.  We're told after 3 weeks, Lamar left for good.

We're told Lamar actually stayed clean once he left rehab and was able to play well for the Clippers this past season.  But when the season was over, sources say Lamar slipped deep back into hardcore recreational drugs.

As for reports that Lamar was cheating recently, we're told Khloe is convinced it happened, and she feels she's been hit with a double whammy ... but drugs are the main problem.

As for divorce ... neither Khloe nor Lamar has contacted a lawyer.  As one source put it, "Khloe is more concerned about saving Lamar than ending her marriage."

We're told the situation has become dire.  Sources tell us ... within the last 2 days, the entire family staged an intervention, trying to convince Lamar to go back to rehab, but he wouldn't have any of it.

0824-akm-splash-lamar-odom-kicked-out
In fact, on Wednesday morning, right after the failed intervention, Khloe threw Lamar out of the house and as you see from the pic (above), one of Lamar's friends is loading Lamar's stuff in his car as Lamar watches.

We attempted to reach Lamar for comment ... so far, no word back.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Carl Fredricksen

Who didn't see this coming?? NBA player with a drug problem, ruined his marriage... Big surprise...

Aineva7

Sadly, in the images where Lamar is at his car he looks like DMX. Not Romeo Must Die, DMX....but the mugshot hall of fame, DMX.

GothamGirl

OMG TMZ! For two days we have to look at his sweaty head! WHO cares!!!!!!!

Michelle17

According to a more reliable source than TMZ, it is Oxycontin and Ambien. Radar at least reports it all, good and bad on the K family.

joan

Wow, now the Kardashians are trying to ruin his career, what a horrible family!

LISA

Some other gossip sites are reporting Lamar is addicted to prescription medications Oxycontin (for pain) and Ambien (for insomnia). Even though these drugs are legal with a prescription, they are often abused, and Oxycontin is considered a ‘hardcore’ drug.

I watched Lamar and Khloe’s reality show, and Lamar did have a problem sleeping, and pro-athletes are often on prescription pain meds for injuries, so it’s not really that far fetched. Apparently, Lamar could get away with testing positive for opiates if he has a valid prescription, so that could explain how he managed to keep his job in the NBA.

That said, I do think this information came from Pimpmama Jenner.

TJ

When is the unemployed son going to come out??

Zambonie

these fake people and their scripted problems are getting real old<

At leas with heide and spencer, heidie was kinda cute until she went way overboard with the surgery

Ludicrous bolt on's are ludicrous

KK

Hmmm. Could it be that this story was fed to TMZ by someone out of revenge? Just a thought

JrzGrl

Notice the pic that TMZ used? No they're not promoters of all things Kardashian. Not at all. That's too bad. Harvey really is a sell out. Very disappointing.

TJ

Harvey Levin and Kris Jenner are clearly, unethical co-conspirators! What DOES she have on him? He grovels in her presence!

TJ

Lamar has"displeased" , the mama ho! The revenge vendetta is on! Search & destroy! K.W
will be next!

karenjj

It takes a real woman to stick by her man. Good for you , Khloe. God Bless both of you. Stay strong, your husband needs you now more than ever.

AlwaysOnTimeB

Khloe is the only member of that family that I can stomach! Having said that, she needs to cut him loose. I'm not sure I'm buying the hardcore drug story, because he is an active member of the NBA (or was up until this story hit the press). If he hasn't been drug tested before, he sure will be now. As far as the cheating thing is concerned, yeah, I totally believe that part. I think she's afraid no one else will want her, so she keeps trying to make it work.

MCarr

I agree, if he indeed he was on illegal drugs, the NBA would have knowledge of it. Perhaps, it's just the Kardashian spin (along with that a hole Ryan Seacrest) to make it appear that Lamar and Klohe's martial issues were due to his drug use, not their marriage. This information would only give them more popularity...blame it all on Lamar. He may be a bit immature, but what man is not? He makes a lot of money to afford her the things she does have. That whole play on him about losing his mother, and that THEY were now his only family now was utterly disgusting. They reeled him in, hook line and sinker. Poor guy. However, I do not condone his recent behavior. I would be pissed it I was constantly followed around by the pap's b/c he is married to a K. I would bet that Lamar is sick of the K's and just wants out. I know I would, if I were him. If they divorce, she is already set with a pretty nice prenup. Correct me if I am wrong, but I read that for each year she stays married to him she gets $2M (for each year), the house, a monthly wardrobe expense account, a Hummer, and all of the furniture, décor and art existing in their home. Sounds like a sweet deal for her. Everyone needs to remember, this woman was raised by Kris Jenner...the most money hungry tramp of all time. Kolbe will be just fine...Mom will make sure of it. BTW: Not to mention that Chloe is only a Kardashian by name, not by birth right. Everyone knows this...no big revelation! Klohe also had a drug and alcohol problem of her own a few years back. A DUI and put on suspension from a local radio station in Miami (she then co-hosted) for her admitted cocaine use. It was all televised by the K Klan themselves on national TV! How humiliating for her. In a way, I feel bad for Klohe; she is the bastard child of Kris Jenner (Kardashian, at the time). The second wife of Robert K, Sr. even confirms this. I would even bet that Klohe, herself knows who her real father is, and her heart was broken when she found out that Robert Sr. ( a man she thought was her father for her the majority of her life), was really NOT her REAL father, but just a fling her tramping mother had years ago. These people are so screwed up. I hope Klohe can finally reconcile this all one day and not feel like she is on the outside looking in. Trust me...they all know the REAL truth, just in denial for the cameras. These people have no business being relevant in any way. I wish Klohe the best...she and her brother are the ones who I really have any of my empathy for. Poor Rob is lost in a sea of wretched and slutty women. PS: I have not watched this show in years, WONDER WHY???

Previous 15 Comments | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments