R&B Singer Anthony Hamilton

Arrested

For DWI

8/25/2013 12:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0825-anthony-hamilton-mug-shot

R&B singer Anthony Hamilton was popped for a DWI early Sunday morning, TMZ has learned.

Cops pulled Anthony over around 2:30 am in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina for speeding -- but then suspected he was under the influence and arrested him on charges of driving while impaired.

He was released from jail later Sunday morning.

Anthony is famous for his 2003 hit "Comin from Where I'm From". Recently he wrote the song "Freedom" for "Django Unchained."

Calls to Anthony's rep have not been returned.

antigirlygirl

I thought you had to walk to work.

D105107

Good, keep him there

Stiletto

Good...anyone connected with that POS "Django" can FOAD.

pj

Don't yall talk about my Anthony. This is just a misunderstanding thats all.

Yes, I'm That Leah

Oh no. I hope this isn't true. Do better Anthony.

Stealth

You're going to need a stealth IID if you want to drive again after getting a DUI www.stealthiid.com

B4-I-FU-RU-18?

Eeew gross.

laffnbear

Was he feeling left out of the mug shot crowd?
Another misbehavin' black guy.

No surprise.

Plate of Neck Bones

Sista Big Bones, Big Bones, Can a brotha drive you home...

MARMARCELLOS

what the heck is wrong with these singers or entertainer? Enough already.

uliar

why is it so hard not drink and drive??

Grilledcheese

SAN DIEGO- by insurance cos. - gives out the MOST DUIs in the USofA cities! No gr8 public transprt. system accordN 2 insurance instite. No DUIs!! its like maybe @ worst a 100$ dollar cab ride?! 50$ N park'n garage, free @ friends, geez jst let them tow UR car for $100+: but the DUI itself N Cali: 4 EX: will hve U do'n hours of community labor- NOT service, internet public arrest records& picture. Mandtry AA meet'Ns (which R suppose 2 b anon but apperntly courts don't care), ,, alchol test N car machine- cost $$ & stops Ur car randomly(while drivin'n)-, must keep up maintance:$$, jail-time, sittn n bak of cop car! thousands & thousands N lawyer fees, court ,jail , mug shot, bail , SR -22 insurance, job loss- include th@ N monetary loss, A gut-wrenching mandatory meetN listenN 2 MADD speakers- family/ friends upset, lose'N Lisc 4 a YR( no great public transport - gotta get 2 work 2 pay off all that,10 yrs on DMV, BUT, never really is off record, job applictions, bakground checks, DMV hassle, points N Cali DMV & insurance, alchol classes & fees, NOW cali bills 4 dui stops 2 driver & all damages ensued. car wrecks, death.Ya know I think the Averg..N USA jails is like 90-95% of inmates R there over drugs & alchol. A DUI Z Absolute destruction 2 the average joe! So if U hate cops, UR state, or fines, don't get a DUI while it is a cash cow, it also destroys normal people:( like jail maybe a vacation: 3 Sq. meals a day, no bckgrnd.checks, no lookn 4 employmt, not dealn w/society's look@ how could U-I say that N jest becuz 4 the avg. person UR life walk'n around society W a DUI- U might as well hide )& victims of horrific accidents- as Cali now has said instead of don't drink & drive - its now PLEASE don't drink & drive. Like ask'n kindly, due 2 the wreckage 4 all. Like, just please...

Grilledcheese

I just used text type 2 get 2 my PTA- fast - since this is a pop culture sure- jst a warn'n 2 the young'ns- DUIs destroy so many many many lives on so many levels. Get a cab!

Grilledcheese

Geez,I hate If*ck*dfones- autocorrect- my apologies, pt not PTA, pop culture site- not sure! I am not on here to upset! I jst want people 2 be able 2 be safe- that means- EVERY1!

lee

So the only way Anthony Hamilton can get on TMZ is if he does something criminal? Frankly, I doubt that most TMZ followers even knew who he was until now. I guess TMZ ran out of black celebrities to make an example of.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments