'Little People'

Big Split

We've Separated

3/12/2014 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0312_amy-and-matt-roloff_getty"Little People, Big World" couple Matt and Amy Roloff can't stand living together anymore -- they've just announced they're separating after 26 years of marriage.

Sources close to the couple tell TMZ, Matt and Amy have been living separately since the holidays -- Amy currently resides in the family's main house in Oregon ... Matt lives in the guest house.

We're told neither Amy nor Matt is currently pursuing other relationships -- they're just testing the waters living alone ... for now anyway. So far, divorce isn't on the table.

Matt has had a history of drinking problems -- such as his 2007 DUI -- but we're told alcohol was NOT an issue in the split.

The Roloffs -- who have 4 children -- released a statement, saying, "Though we have weathered many storms together, we recently made the tough decision to engage in a trial separation."

031214_little_people_bigworld_launch

Bob

I have only seen their show once , so I don't know much about them. Any break-up after a long time together is sad. If either partner was abusive, then I would say end the relationship and get away now. If that isn't the case, I hope they will work on their relationship, fix it, and emerge happy on the other side. Serious relationships seem to have become easily disposable, just like almost everything else in our culture these days. If things are really horrible, I guess their split is probably a good thing, BUT if there is a way to fix it, I hope they will try. Wishing them and their family all of the best either way.

RaineeDrops

Marriage is to be sacred. In a marriage you forgive, you hang in there through the difficulties, through the good and bad.

You made vows to one another, no one takes a marriage serious anymore nor wants to do the work to keep the connection.

Virginia

Sad news but I kinda saw it coming. Matt's always got these big ideas and is constantly starting new projects. She's been asking him to slow down for years. I hope the best for them and their family.

joecat367

Maybe Matt will hook up with Kate Gosselin. Call it "Kate and Her Little Date"

rotti

Both are control freaks in their own rights. Doesn't surprise me

Black Adam

They needed new material for the reality show so they are faking separation. Besides, Dwarve's are always happy because they whistle while they work.

JP

Sounds like a last ditch attempt to boost poor ratings of a show that is done

rcytrcy01@yahoo.com

Her husband seems like a jerk.

Judy

My sympathy is with her. Matt is so egotistical and thinks everything should revolve around him. It's sad to see any marriage break up, but at least there will be less tension in the house.

franklyspeaking

Its all BS Marriage is rooted in property and ownership. Shes sick of his ****tail frank anyway. #ViennaSausage

dropped

Who is surprised? They never did anything but bitch at one another on the show

Just My Opinion

I like their show and I didn't see either of them disrespecting the other. Maybe there is another reason why they wanted some time away from each other. Maybe had a fight and just wanted time to cool off, before they really say disrespecting and hurting things to each other, that they wish they didn't say to each other. Anyway, being in the main house and the other in the guest house is a far cry from getting a divorce.

Dead@27

Her head looks like a square block.

There's a problem here

I feel bad for him. He seems like he has a lot of physical problems that she doesn't have, and she doesn't seem to give a shlt, always lording it over him. I'd leave the bitch too.

Linda3223