Tyler the Creator

Arrested

For Inciting a Riot

3/15/2014 1:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0315-tyler-creator-mugshot

Tyler the Creator
was arrested Saturday afternoon at an airport in Texas ... after cops say they had a warrant with his name on it -- for starting a riot at the SXSW festival.

Austin PD officials say Tyler was booked this afternoon for inciting a riot at his concert Thursday.

0315-tyler-the-creator-arrested-02Cops released a video of the riot (below) -- and Tyler is clearly telling everyone to break down the barricade to get in.  The scene is pretty scary.

As you may recall, Tyler's concert was cancelled the night before -- after a driver plowed into a crowd of people waiting to get in -- leaving 2 dead and 23 injured.

According to the warrant ... a bartender at the facility told police he tried protecting a woman from getting trampled on ... but a guy punched him in the face for it.

Tyler's still in custody on a $3,500 bond.

031514_tyler_creator_launch

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

EmKreme

Help me & locks of love save a school gofundme.com/ailyforolsh

Chrysantheus

Honestly, Tyler is a talented guy. He's odd, hence the name of his group Odd Future, but he's pretty funny, and successful for his age. Some of these comments I'm seeing are just retarded hate. "Don't mess with Texas." Jesus. I live in Texas, and Tyler is one of the few rappers I even listen to. As for this "riot", I'm sure crowds have gotten wayyy worse than that at SXSW before. Plus, all he did was ask people to do something, it was their choice whether or not to do it. He didn't grab them by the hand and lead them to do what they did, they chose to listen. He's a wild guy, and he likes to see his crowd wild as well. And I think the only reason he did this was because the sound guy flipped him off. Anyways, Tyler has plenty of money to bail himself out, and I think comments should only be given on things you actually have knowledge about. If you don't, then don't bother. I hope us OFWGKTA fans all stay devoted, this doesn't make us like Tyler any less.

iBeezEgypshunz

Ni666ers ruin EVERYTHING. Whatever they infest, goes blight or down the toilet. I've seen businesses shut down because of their violent monkeyshines.

Savie

you ****ing morons pieces of ****.
yáll coming out claiming rap (it's hip hop by the way) to be ****, while you are listening to your metal. you ****ing idiots with your superiority complexes holy **** you are pissing me off. i like his music and i should be able to like it, just as you should be able to enjoy your music. godamnit you people. ****ing bunch of retards. get your act together.

marcel farrar

he should not be in jail for that. if he told the crowd to jumped off a bridge to their death would that be his fault too.

Emilio Lee

CANT ARREST THE BEST RAPPER ALIVE NOW !

Emilio Lee

Tyler isnt what you people think, most of you are probably people that judge others based on the Internet. Tyler is a symbol of the Youth right now and yea he made a mistake . but you dont have to treat him like a bad guy. He helped me out o my dispair by his music and he will always be the best.
ALSO: there is no such this as "bad" music, everytype
of music is for someone

Emilio Lee

THE BIG EARED BANDIT IS TOSSING ALL HIS MANNERS IN A BAG AND WRAPPING THEM IN SYRAND WRAP BANDAGES

Assclown123

TMZ is ass!!! Leave Chris brown, justin beiber and Michael Jackson alone! You ****ing no good dramatic puuuussie-s!!

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10