« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Shawne Merriman

I Did Not OD on Drugs

6/10/2013 9:17 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0610_shawn_merriman_01
Retired NFL star Shawne Merriman is adamant ... he did NOT overdose on drugs at an L.A. nightclub last night ... telling TMZ he was simply dehydrated.

The 29-year-old -- who was transported from Colony nightclub to an L.A. hospital around 9:30pm Sunday night -- tells us ... "I didn't feel well and they called the ambulance for me to make sure I was good."

Merriman says he doesn't know who called the ambulance.

We're told the person who called 911 reported that Shawne was "barely conscious."

After Merriman was admitted to the hospital, the ex-NFL star says, "They told me to drink some fluids and sent me on my way."

Shawne says he's been running himself ragged recently -- "I've been finishing my MBA, shooting a bunch of films, launching my LightsOut [company] and still training."

In fact, Shawne says he had just gotten off a plane from Canada ... and went straight to the clubs last night.

Shawne's rep tells us, "At the hospital, he got fluids and felt fine ... so he went right back to the club."

As for reports that Shawne was treated for a drug overdose, the rep tells TMZ ..."That's absurd ... if you had a drug overdose, you wouldn't be at a club right after."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

24HourJockItchCureDotCom

Hey TMZ! Those stupid ads at the top of the page that play a video EVERY time I reload or change the page SUCK!!! I will stay off your site for a few days, hopefully when I come back you will have stopped with that those types of annoying ads.. Google "cookies", it might help.. Cya in a few

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

"That's
absurd ... if you had a drug overdose, you
wouldn't be at a club right after."

Lindsay Lohan would be.

Friend

A veteran NFL player but a rookie with GHB. Sack up puss.

6one9

Well ``` alrighty then!!

fenuchi

He doesn't do drugs. I am the Pope. Lindsay is not an addict. Amanda is sane.

Pet rock

Noooo. People that are exhausted and or dehydrated go home and rest up, drink water. People that are on drugs go to the club, over do it, get their asses dragged to a hospital, get put on a drip, go back to the club for more drugs. His rep is a dummy for disclosing that piece of info.

Mr.Mackey

Just flying and being tired is enough to wipe someone out, being in a hot club and having a drink or 2 after flying will knock ya out. I hate flying.

Lucky_130

I'd buy that for a dollar

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

First step towards getting off the dope is admitting you're on dope. This fat loser needs to admit to reality.

BBA

It's ABSURD to go back to the club after being carted off to the hospital in an ambulance. There is something wrong here...

Observer999

I guess he was afraid to drink the water in Canada... arggh.

I am sick to death of "dehydrated" being trotted out as a euphemism for OD'd on something. We all know what it means, so why do publicists and celebs still use it? If they were found in the middle of the Mojave after 3 days, I'd buy it. Other than that, not so much.

aLeaderNOTaFOLLOWER

Lil Wayne has a seizure every time he's intoxicated, but that doesn't stop him lol

pj

That dude sexy as hell

Derek F.

I'm a recovering addict and I'd bet all my money on an opiate OD more specifically H, and the hospital administered Narcan (Naloxone) which counteracts any opiate in your body and sets you into withdrawals as a side effect of saving your life, he went back to score again more then likely at the club where it he probably scored some good stuff (good enough to OD earlier) so he could stop the sickness the Narcan brought about by saving his life... Been there done that... In my town "Hollywood Exhaustion" = out of control drug addiction... Remember his frequently "exhausted" trainwreck girlfriend Tila Tequila? He must have picked up her "work ethic" and its just tiring him out lol! Yeah a 29yo former NFL star in top shape couldn't possibly have the physical stamina to handle launching some bogus a clothing line, flying on a plane, and clubbing all in the same day... nonsense

Michelle

You would be back in the club if you were Nikki Sixx.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments