Justin Bieber

I'm A Bad Ass Behind Bars

2/26/2014 2:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

022614_bieber_jail_push_launch_v2
Justin Bieber had his ass up in the air during his short stint in jail ... impressively doing 23 1/2 pushups in 28 seconds.

The jailhouse video -- obtained by TMZ -- shows Justin in his cell after being busted last month in Miami Beach for DUI and resisting arrest.

It's unclear what possessed him to show off his physical prowess, but he seemed excited about upping his cred.

Law enforcement tells TMZ ... there's one part of the 9 hours of video which shows Justin clearly under the influence.  Frankly, we've looked at the video and Justin doesn't seem obviously under the influence ... at all.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

OK

We get it Justine! You are a big bad gangsta rapper that got arrested and drinks and does drugs. Pleas go away now. Thank you.

missdiva22

this all just lies

bridget

he does pushups when he's nervous. i think i would be nervous too, justin has done nothing to you so why the heck do you all have to be so cruel. he lives his life under the spotlight 24/7 honestly TMZ is trash, they lie just to create drama. get a life you *******s and leave him alone.

bbessey111

im not trying to say it isn't justin but this video doesn't even prove it is that could be anyone there is not face shown just a body and shoes anyone can put on a body double and call justin!!! better luck next time tmz your proff is getting worse by the minute you running out of ideas?

Biebergoingtogetraped

If bubba is in the libary he most likely on the computer checking this out. I can see him saying to him shelf. Oh yeah pretty boy keep doing those push up because you are going to need to be ready to go all night long with me. I can't wait for my bat to be in your B*tthole. You will be screaming for your mommy and daddy. When I am done with you. and bubba rubing his area.

freebizzle

He doesn't look like the type to bottom...

BLUEJAY

HERE HOW HE COULD BEAT THIS DU I CHARGE

There is only one good reason to ever take a plea bargain. The magic lies in the "bargain" portion and like any good bargain you want to benefit more than the person on the other side. That's what makes it a deal, right?

Under that rationale, Justin Bieber has some options to weigh. Bieber currently faces three misdemeanor counts in Miami-Dade County, consisting of driving under the influence (DUI), driving with an expired license, and resisting arrest. He should only take the deal, and plead no contest to a charge of reckless driving, only if he believes the state of Florida can absolutely get a DUI conviction against him. Otherwise, it's a pretty bum deal for Bieber.

Typically, plea bargains are worthwhile for defendants because the reduced charges and sentence received for entering a guilty plea (and thereby saving the tax payers big dollars along with the prosecutor's time associated with a trial) outweighs the risks involved with losing at trial and facing more severe charges and rougher sentencing. Plea bargains really start to make sense when the prosecutor's case is airtight and a conviction appears inevitable.

That's not exactly Bieber's situation.

First, the only possible deal is an opportunity to go through a first time offender program that includes a possible dismissal of current charges in exchange for a no-contest plea on reckless driving and a ton of probation requirements including fines, 40 hours of community service, alcohol education course, a victim impact panel, and the one giving Bieber the most pause: random drug testing for up to nine months. Here is where the bum deal part comes in: those terms almost mirror the exact sentence Bieber would receive if he were found guilty at trial by a judge. In Florida (as in most states) there is near zero discretion given to a judge presiding over a DUI case. The sentence is dictated by statute and therefore the defendant gets next to no payoff for his guilty plea.

The offer is definitely bad, but there is another and even more compelling reason Bieber should just take his chances with the judge. As stated, a plea bargain is beneficial when you get a significantly lesser sentence AND the prosecutor has a strong case against you. We know the sentence wouldn't be a good deal but the prosecutor's case also has serious problems. There is no doubt about the critical public safety concerns associated with DUI offenses, therefore judges aren't just handing out acquittals like candy. However, there are also major considerations for defendant liberties and due process. So far, it looks like Miami-Dade police might have played fast and loose with the Fourth Amendment. Thanks to our beloved Constitution, officers must obtain probable cause to stop, search and seize during the investigation of a crime. This leads to the two-prong test defense lawyers use to battle DUI cases, challenge the stop and challenge the arrest. Put another way, Bieber's defense lawyer will make the officer prove he had probable cause to stop the car and that he had additional probable cause to arrest based on evidence found during the stop.

The problem with the stop: The officer in Bieber's case claimed to have stopped the yellow Lamborghini for drag racing in a residential neighborhood. While some initial reports stated the pop superstar was going 136 M.P.H., subsequent GPS tracking data on the vehicle and surveillance video indicate Bieber might have been going as slowly as 27 M.P.H. If the latter is true, the officer had no legal probable cause to stop Bieber and therefore everything that happened after is null because fruit from the poisonous tree doesn't sell in a court of law. There are two conflicted stories here, but contradiction usually works in favor of the defendant because it's always the state that carries the burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

The problem with the arrest: Further adding to the prosecutor's headache is the officer's statement that he developed probable cause to arrest based on the smell of alcohol on Bieber's breath. That becomes a tough pill to swallow (pun intended) when you look at the blood alcohol content report showing Bieber had only 0.011- 0.014 in his system—both being far below the legal limit and nearly impossible to detect from odor alone. We know toxicology reports later showed Bieber had ingested quite a few drugs, but that takes us back to the fruit of the poisonous tree issue. The officer should have never stopped Bieber if he didn't have sufficient probable cause. Even Bieber's ridiculous statement won't destroy a dismissal or acquittal for faulty probable cause. The end simply cannot justify the means.

Guilty in fact doesn't mean guilty in the eyes of the law. It's an uncomfortable but important distinction. When a judge starts to catch wind of these types of inconsistencies, the state's key witness (the law enforcement officer) begins to have major credibility problems. Add the 15 citations of officer misconduct this cop has racked up and you're talking major problems for the prosecution. Problems so big it only makes common sense for Bieber to bypass any plea offer and move forward with a trial. Instead of heading to trial next week both sides will meet with the judge for a status confidence to discuss last minute details about the processing. That should give the state plenty of time to size up their case and Bieber should continue to keep his cards close to his chest because even the worse case scenario at trial doesn't leave him much worse off that anything the state would be willing to offer in a plea "bargain."

BLUEJAY

THE PROSECUTION HAS YET TO SEE JUSTIN BIEBER LAWYER'S EVEDINCE. THEY WILL GET TO SEE IF THEY HAVE A CASE OR NOT. WATCH THEY WILL GET THE EVEDINCE FROM JUSTIN LAWYER AND ALL THE CHARGES WILL BE DROP.

nostop

This is getting annoying. It's old news now...leave Bieber alone. This isn't EVEN NEWS. It's ****ing pathetic. Wow.

JUSTINBIEBERWILLBEMYCELLMATE

I can see Justin First night in Jail or Prison. If he found guility and not ship up to Canada right way. but as soon as he cross the board He actly a free man. Different laws up their. What could be a felony down hear maybe a Summnay offense up their. So he would be able to bond out up their right away. He is a free man up their. Different law and different rules.

JUSTINBIEBERWILLBEMYCELLMATE

Here what a inmate and Justin bieber talking .

J=Justin
I=inmate

J: Hey, Bro so what are you in for
I: Murder you
J:Drag racing DUI and Expired licsens
I:Cool
J:Can I do some push up
I:their nothing else to do (thinking to him shelf Yes I want to see that a## to see if it's worth taping)
Night time arrive
J:What is their to do around hear
I:Do more Push up and Are you from canada I heard most of the guys are gay up their.
J: um Well I know I am not
I:Are you sure. you are pretty for a man
J:Thank Bro
I: no problem,
Next day morning Justin cellmate set up a fake beatdown to step in
I2:You nothing but a punk a## bitch I said been down let me see that boy pu##y of your's.
I3: Oh it time to take your hole
Justin cellmate interups
I: You a##hole leave him the f#ck alone and grabs Inmate 2 by the neck and yeah You never do that again and the whisper good Job.
J:Thank Bro, You save my a##
I:I know but It seem to me you need a little protection in here. I can provide that for you but it won't come cheap.
J:Yes, What would I have to do.
I:Just by my dog (AKA slang for Bitch in prison in some prison)
J:Ok that nice.
I:Strip now Dog and bend over
Justin strip and been over
J:How long do I have to stay here
I: Until I f#ck you dog
J:Wait what. Ouch that hurts what are you doing
I: If I was You boyfriend I never let you go. I will f#ck you all night long.
J: No no no Jerry please do not release
I: Oh Dog you are so Tight I am about to blow in your a##
J: No no Oh baby oh baby Oh baby.
I:argggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. Yes you are now my Dog until you get out Justin B#tch
J:Are you my new daddy
I: yep I will now protect you but you always have to do me a favor for a paycheck got it.
J: You mean like anal sex and sucking you P#nis off.
I:Yep you are basicly my b#tch now to used and abuse.
They made a deal that if Justin provide him with free services he would protect Justin until the day he got out of prison.

but this is highly unlikely to happen do to the State must provide the bruden of proof that the traffic stop was legal and lawful.

JUSTINBIEBERWILLBEMYCELLMATE

I am gay never told any that but I would mind taping that a##. F#ck that sh#t I would mind being a bitch to Justin bieber he would be most like the nice prison daddy.

He doing what all the other inmate do h#ll some even dead lift their cellmate to pass the time their nothing to do in their. you could play card but if the ask you to play strip poker run away as fast as you can.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8