TMZ

TMZ SPORTS

  • FS1
    M-T-Th-F:
    9:00 PM PST

    W:
    9:30 PM PST

'Narcos' Producers War with Pablo's Bro ... This Is OUR Turf!

9/19/2017 12:40 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

"Narcos" producers are warning Pablo Escobar's brother to back the hell off trying to cash in on the popular Netflix show's name and fame ... according to docs.

Lawyers for "Narcos" fired off a cease and desist letter to Roberto Escobar's company telling him he's got no business filing trademark applications for "Narcos" and "Cartel Wars" because both terms are very clearly already attached to the show. "Narcos: Cartel Wars" is a popular video game.

In the letter, obtained by TMZ, the producers say Pablo's older bro is making some outlandish claims in his applications. For instance, they say he claimed to use "NARCOS" in connection with a website in 1986 -- but they're calling BS because the internet barely existed back then.

A rep for Escobar's company tells us their attorney is in discussions with "Narcos" to settle.

Discussions. What could go wrong?

Michael K. Williams Spicer Was Funny ... Give Him a 2nd Chance!!!

9/19/2017 12:20 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Michael K. Williams says if Sean Spicer's ready to turn the page on the Trump chapter of his life -- as his Emmys skit seemed to indicate -- then why shouldn't Hollywood welcome him with open arms?

We got the Emmy nominated 'Night Of' star Monday, and he sounded impressed with Spicer's bit on the award show. While some celebs have groused at the idea of "laughing with" an ex-face of the Trump administration -- Michael's way more forgiving.

He explained why Spicey deserves another shot, and as fans of "The Wire" know ... it's hard to argue with Omar. 

Hell, even Alec Baldwin extended an olive branch Sunday night -- so, maybe Spicer could have a future in Hollywood after all? As MKW put it ... never say never.

'The Walking Dead' Star Emmys Went Easy on Trump

9/18/2017 3:00 PM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Jeffrey Dean Morgan, the guy known for bashing everything on "The Walking Dead" ... thinks Emmy-night celebs did something very un-Negan -- easing up on President Trump bashing.

We got JDM flying out of LAX Monday and he said the Trump attacks were toned down this year, but not because Hollywood, in general, approves of POTUS. Keep in mind ... there were still plenty of jabs at 45 and his administration-- just ask Sean Spicer. But still less than last year's slugfest on then-candidate Trump

Whatever the reason, Jeffrey's just happy folks are getting away from politics at award shows.

He also got a big laugh out of our on-the-nose name suggestion for the kid he and Hilarie Burton are expecting. 

Dick Gregory's Son Emmys Snub 'Highly Disrespectful' ... We Never Got a Phone Call

9/18/2017 2:29 PM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Dick Gregory's family didn't hear a peep from anyone involved with the Emmys regarding honoring the iconic comedian, and they absolutely consider it a slap in the face.

One of Dick's sons, Christian Gregory, tells TMZ the omission Sunday night from the In Memoriam segment was especially disrespectful due to his father's legacy. Christian points out most actors and producers of color wouldn't even be working in TV without Dick's civil rights activism and success in entertainment.

As we reported, Gregory, Charlie Murphy, Harry Dean Stanton and Frank Vincent were all left out of the tribute. Murphy's camp had been contacted for photos, but he was still absent from the broadcast segment.

The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences hasn't offered an explanation, but they've added all of them -- except Vincent -- to the Academy's website memoriam.

Charlie Murphy's Rep I Gave Emmys Photos for Tribute Gaffe is Inexcusable!!!

9/18/2017 9:52 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Charlie Murphy's rep says he sent the Emmys photos for the show's In Memoriam segment so there is NO excuse for having excluded him.

Domenick Nati tells TMZ, an Emmys producer reached out to him on August 18 asking for photos to include as part of the show's In Memoriam. Domenick obliged and said the producer emailed him 6 days later, saying they could do a nice tribute with what he'd sent.

So when the tribute finally aired Sunday on national television, Domenick was outraged it came and went without Charlie being mentioned. Dick Gregory, Frank Vincent and Harry Dean Stanton were also left out.

Domenick says a producer for the Creative Arts Emmys -- which aired Saturday night on FXX -- also reached out, and that program DID feature Charlie. He says cutting out Charlie, who died in April, from the main broadcast ... on network TV, where his fans were watching, was a big sin.

We've reached out to the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, so far no word back.

'Fuller House' Twin Toddlers Fill Up Bank Accounts $9,000 Per Episode!!!

9/18/2017 12:30 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

The 2-year-old twins who play Tommy on "Fuller House" got cribs full o' cash ... because both boys are raking it in every episode.

According to their contracts ... Fox and Dashiell Messitt scored $9,000 each per episode for season 1 of the Netflix sitcom, and they got a 4% pay bump for season 2. At 13 eps per season ... the tyke actors have racked up almost $240k so far.

Season 3 of "Fuller House" premieres next week, so you know what that means -- another raise for the Messitt bros. They'll each get $9,734 per episode this time around.

Look out, Olsen twins.

Sean Spicer Crashes Emmys to Mock Trump

9/17/2017 5:34 PM PDT

Sean Spicer seems to have fully turned on Donald Trump ... 'cause he just made a cameo at the Emmys to dog his former boss alongside Stephen Colbert

Colbert, who's hosting this year, was going in on the Prez at the start of the show Sunday when he eventually cracked a joke about the size of the audience, saying it was impossible to know how big it was without some help. That's when he intro'd Spicer, who came onstage with his signature podium. 

Spicer came out suited and booted and did a callback to one of his first press conferences under Trump, saying ... "This will be the largest audience to witness an Emmys, period! Both in person and around the world." Colbert quipped ... "Wow, that really soothes my ego."

The audience roared at the surprise visit from the former White House Press Secretary, who resigned earlier this year

'The Blacklist' Producer Find My Lost Dog ... Act in My New George Lopez Movie

9/16/2017 1:45 PM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

3:00 PM PT -- A woman in Oceanside found Carnahan's dog Sunday after seeing his flyer, but we're told she turned down the role in his movie. Calling all amateur actors -- a producer for "The Blacklist" lost his pup ... and he's offering you your big break alongside George Lopez if you can find it.

Hollywood producer Joe Carnahan -- who's worked on flicks like "The Grey," "The A-Team," and "Smokin' Aces"  -- is searching for a lost pit bull/chihuahua mix, Junior, who he rescued last year and had recently gotten adopted by a family in Oceanside, CA.

We're told things weren't working out for that family after about a week, and Joe's family was planning on picking up the dog today. Thing is ... Junior got out of the family's house and is now lost. But Joe's got a creative reward for anyone who can find him.

Joe put out a flyer describing Junior as well as the reward -- $500 cash ... and an extra role in his new movie "El Chicano" with stars like Lopez, Kate Del Castillo and Aimee Garcia

Anyone who finds the dog or has info about its whereabouts can email info@warpartyfilms.com. Bust out the dog whistles ... this pooch is worth every second of screen time. 

Mario Lopez Assaulted At Vegas Spa, Cops Called

9/16/2017 10:46 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Mario Lopez got assaulted by a fellow spa goer who smashed his phone and got so aggressive cops had to be called.

Sources tell us Mario was working out at the Planet Hollywood Spa by Mandara in Vegas Friday and as he was leaving the bathroom in the spa, he bumped into a guy ... and things escalated quickly.

We're told Mario said "excuse me" to the man, who replied "you got a problem?" The dude was about to step to Mario and make physical contact before an employee got between them. 

Mario had left his phone on one of the locker room benches before all of this, and said he just wanted to get his phone and leave. That's when we're told the guy suddenly grabbed Mario's phone and threw it against a wall ... smashing it to pieces. 

Security arrived and cops were eventually called. Law enforcement sources tell us they responded to the Planet Hollywood Spa, but no arrests were made as Mario refused to press charges. He did, however, get his phone replaced by the hotel free of charge. Later that night, Mario caught Jennifer Lopez's show with his wife ... so it seems like he's alright. 

We're told the man that almost fought with Mario is a known troublemaker ... and is now banned from the facility. We've reached out to Mario's camp ... so far, no word back. 

Netflix's 'Narcos' Location Scout Shot & Killed On the Job in Mexcio

9/16/2017 11:43 AM PDT

A location scout for Netflix's hit show "Narcos" was shot and killed this week while working in Mexico ... this as the upcoming season shifts its focus to Mexican drug cartels.

Carolos Muñoz Portal was found shot to death Monday in central Mexico during location scouting for season 4 of "Narcos." He was reportedly found riddled with bullets in his car in a remote area near Hidalgo, which is known to have one of the highest murder rates in Mexico.

Netflix issued a statement saying ... "We are aware of the passing of Carlos Muñoz Portal, a well-respected location scout, and send our condolences to his family." Police are currently investigating the circumstances of Portal's death.

The new season of Narcos is expected to focus on the origins of the Juarez cartel in Mexico, and filming was supposed to go down there as opposed to Colombia where past seasons were shot. 

Unclear if Portal's death will derail production. 

Floyd Mayweather He Can't Even Read, Don't Listen to Him! ... Says 'Shameless' Star

9/16/2017 12:30 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

When Floyd Mayweather says Donald Trump's "locker-room talk" is A-OK, no one should listen ... CAUSE HE'S ILLITERATE -- this according to "Shameless" star Cameron Monaghan.

We got Cam leaving Catch ... and the actor came at Floyd for claiming Trump's "grab them by the p***y" comment was how "real men speak."

"He's a great boxer, but he can't read! Don't listen to that guy, it's ridiculous."

Cam says real men have respect ... and would never talk like that.

FYI, Floyd's got video proof that he CAN read -- but the kid's got a point.

'Lethal Weapon' Teen Star Can't Flush My $150k Payday

9/16/2017 12:10 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

The teen who plays Damon Wayans' daughter on the TV remake of "Lethal Weapon" banked nearly $150k for her first season, but still couldn't get a toilet guaranteed from the show.

Chandler Kinney plays Riana Murtaugh on the FOX series. She signed a 7-season deal, which earned her $15k per episode in season 1. Good money, for sure, but here's the reality of being a 17-year-old up-and-comer in Hollywood.

Chandler's reps couldn't get production to promise she'd have a private bathroom in her dressing room. Doesn't seem like she made much of a stink about it -- Chandler went on to appear in 10 outta 18 episodes.

More good news -- the series got picked up for season 2, and she got a $600 pay bump per episode. For that ... ya hold it till ya get home.

Frank Vincent Body Cremated For Presentation at Memorial Service

9/15/2017 6:54 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Frank Vincent has been cremated and will be displayed at his memorial service ... TMZ has learned.

The body of "Sopranos" and "Goodfellas" star was taken to a Montclair, New Jersey funeral home.  After cremation, his ashes were placed in an urn. We're told the urn will be placed front and center on a table at the memorial service, surrounded by photos of the actor over the years.

As we reported, Frank died Wednesday due to complications from open-heart surgery.  

The service is Saturday.

Around the Web