TMZ

TMZ SPORTS

  • FS1
    M-T-Th-F:
    9:00 PM PST

    W:
    9:30 PM PST

Jason Bateman & Will Arnett Involved in Car Accident in NYC ... Their Taxi Hit a Car

5/21/2018 6:02 PM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Jason Bateman and Will Arnett got into a car accident Monday evening while riding in a taxi in New York City, but they seem to be okay ... TMZ has learned. 

Eyewitnesses tell us the "Arrested Development" stars and 2 other people were cruising in a taxi van near Madison Square Park, when their driver rear-ended a sedan in front of them. We're told cops were called, but no one was transported to the hospital.

Law enforcement sources say the driver of the black Ford sedan claimed to have suffered some back pain as a result of the collision -- but otherwise, seemed fine. We're told Jason and Will also went uninjured, and even stuck around to talk to the police.

Most of the "Arrested Development" cast was in NYC Monday doing press to hype up their upcoming 5th season. That includes Jeffrey Tambor, too, by the way ... despite his sexual misconduct scandal.

As far as this goes, though, not nearly as much drama for the Bluths. No one was arrested or cited for the accident. Rest easy, 'AD' fans -- the TV fam's still intact.

Jeffrey Tambor Down for More 'Arrested Development' ... If They'll Have Him

5/21/2018 1:19 PM PDT

Jeffrey Tambor's unapologetic when it comes to lobbying for more work on "Arrested Development" ... sexual misconduct allegations be damned.

We got Jeffrey out Monday in NYC, and wanted to know if he's up for being on 'AD' for season 6? ICYMI ... Jeffrey showed up to the season 5 premiere last week alongside the 'Arrested' cast, which stands by him despite allegations he sexually harassed his assistant and a "Transparent" costar. Amazon fired him from "Transparent" in February, though he says he quit and denied the allegations.

'Arrested' creator Mitch Hurwitz reportedly said last week he stuck with Tambor for season 5 because the Netflix show had already been filmed when allegations first surfaced. That aside, Hurwitz said he wasn't gonna cut Tambor based purely on allegations.

For his part, Tambor told us the vibe on set is great ... so, if they're game, so is he.

Mario Batali Cut from Restaurant Group ... Biz Partners Fed Up

5/21/2018 10:44 AM PDT
Breaking News

Mario Batali's being kicked to the curb by his business partners on the heels of new claims of sexual misconduct, including allegedly raping a customer.

B&B Hospitality Group released a statement calling the new allegations "chilling and deeply disturbing." TMZ broke the story ... NYPD's investigating Batali for allegedly raping a woman at his NYC restaurant, Babbo, back in January 2004.

His partners say they were also shocked by the "60 Minutes" report -- an employee at Batali's Spotted Pig restaurant claims Batali drugged her and sexually assaulted her in 2005.

B&B Hospitality says it's actively negotiating with Batali to buy him out, and expect to have a deal done by July 1. The group says it wants to "reinforce our core values for our employees and our guests."

Batali issued a bizarre apology after allegations first surfaced in December. He's denied the "60 Minutes" report.

Barack And Michelle Obama Lock Multi-Year Deal with Netflix

5/21/2018 9:33 AM PDT
Breaking News

President Barack and Michelle Obama could be walking the red carpet at the next Oscars and Golden Globes ... and not as guests, but nominees.

Netflix confirmed Monday in a tweet they're partnering up with the Obamas on a multi-year agreement where Barack and Michelle will produce films and series for the company. The announcement says the deal could potentially also include "scripted series, unscripted series, docu-series, documentaries, and features." Basically, anything is game.

Rumors began to swirl in March that 44 and the former First Lady were in talks with Netflix, but the terms of the deal were still unclear.

The Obamas have always been champions of the film industry and at once had close ties with Harvey Weinstein before all his sexual assault allegations surfaced. Their daughter, Malia, even had an internship at the Weinstein Company.

R. Kelly Alleged Sex Slave Victims Families in New Lifetime Documentary

5/21/2018 3:44 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Lifetime's diving deep into R. Kelly's alleged sex cult with a documentary series ... and TMZ's learned the network's getting tons of help from the families directly affected.

Tim Savage -- the father of alleged brainwashed sex slave Joycelyn Savage -- tells TMZ ... 3 families are directly involved with helping Lifetime produce the documentary. Along with the Savages, Tim tells us Michelle Gardner's playing ball, as is Angelo Clary.

And get this ... one of the scenes features Michelle in L.A. looking for her daughter, Dominique. Michelle tells us she recognized her daughter in a video we posted earlier this month interviewing Joycelyn. Dominique's the one wearing the baseball hat and black t-shirt.

We're told Michelle somehow found Dominique and brought her back home with her. As far as Angelo ... he's been trying to find his daughter, Azriel, for some time now. As we reported ... Angelo claims Azriel met Kelly when she was 17 and shortly after meeting Angelo says she moved in with him.

In addition to the doc, Lifetime also has a movie in the works. We've reached out to Lifetime ... so far no word back.

'Let's Make A Deal' Friend-Zone Couple Wayne Brady, It's Your Fault We're Not Banging Yet Mexico Trip Is Still A Go

5/21/2018 3:44 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

The dude who got epically friend-zoned on "Let's Make A Deal" is blaming it all on the game show's host, Wayne Brady.

We got Steve Heiss and his "gal pal," Jessie Rabideau, out in L.A. Friday where Jessie tried to play off her cringeworthy on-air diss on being starstruck by Brady. For anyone who missed it ... it was brutal. Steve said the two were dating and Jessie denied him HARD, shouting, "I'm single" repeatedly.

Steve says Brady didn't help his cause when he told one of our photogs later Steve should've locked down their relationship status beforehand.

They're still planning on taking the free trip to Mexico that they won on the show, and Jessie even said she'd be down to share a king-size bed with Steve, but just watching Jessie in this video ... girl is sending mixed signals.

Earth to Steve ... maybe it's time to move on.

Shaq I Could've Beaten De La Hoya's Ass ... 'I Held Back'

5/20/2018 12:50 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

The Golden Boy ain't gonna like this ...

Shaq says he gave Oscar De La Hoya a pass when the two men fought back in 2009 ... telling TMZ Sports he "held back" on ODLH because he didn't REALLY want to beat up his friend. 

Oscar & Diesel squared off for his old TV show, "Shaq Vs." where the big fella would go up against other pro athletes in their different sports ... with awesome results. 

De La Hoya won via decision ... but when we got O'Neal out in NYC he told our guy he basically took a dive.

"I held back 'cause he was my friend."

Not everybody got the homie treatment though ... Shaq told us he had another fight, this time with boxing great Sugar Shane Mosley where he "turned it up a little."

We found the video -- and yeah, Shaq hit Mosley with some REAL power shots and bullied him around the ring like a rag doll. 

Mosley ended up winning that fight in a 5-round decision (and hit Shaq with some power shots of his own) ... but it's clear Shaq was trying to send a message that he's no joke when it comes to fighting. 

Eric Balfour Peeping Tom & Beehive Claims In Nasty Neighbor Feud

5/18/2018 5:21 PM PDT
Breaking News

Eric Balfour's neighbors claim the actor's latest role is peeping tom, but Eric thinks the buzz next door -- from a beehive -- is killing him ... this according to court docs filed in their block war.

Eric, who starred in "24" and "Six Feet Under," is in a heated dispute with his Venice neighbors, who tried to get a restraining order against him. In the docs, they say he's harassing their whole family by peeping at the wife and daughter through bathroom and bedroom windows. 

The neighbors, Douglas Dick and Nuanchan Suklom, also say Balfour has been putting threatening letters in their mailbox for years. According to the docs, they're worried because they claim he owns a gun.

As for why Balfour would have it out for them ... the couple says he's been accusing them of running an Airbnb out of their home, and keeping a thriving beehive in their backyard. Best of all, they say Eric blasted them for extra loud meditating. 

Eric's rep tells TMZ ... Eric and his wife are renovating their home, and were aware the neighbors made numerous complaints to the city about the remodel. She adds, "They have been friendly and cordial through the entire process with Eric agreeing to the neighbors' requested changes."

In any event, Dick and Suklom's restraining order was shot down by a judge. A hearing was scheduled for next month, though, so both sides can have their say.

Scott Baio Sexual Assault Case Presented to D.A.

5/18/2018 2:42 PM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Nicole Eggert's sexual assault allegations against Scott Baio will now be reviewed by the L.A. County District Attorney ... TMZ has learned.

As we reported, Eggert filed a police report claiming Baio repeatedly molested her during the run of "Charles in Charge."

She claimed she was as young as 14 when the alleged molestation occurred.

Baio insists he had sex with Eggert only once ... when she was 18.

She went on a very public campaign making her allegations and appeared on various TV shows.

Nicole and her lawyer, Lisa Bloom, met with detectives from LAPD's Sexual Assault Section at Bloom's office back in February.

Alexander Polinsky, another star of "Charles in Charge," came out in support of Eggert, claiming that he not only witnessed Baio harassing Eggert ... but, he was also a victim of Baio's sexual misconduct. He claimed Scott called him a "f****t" and pulled down his pants "in front of over 100 people" on set.

As we reported, LAPD is referring all sexual assault cases involving celebrities to the D.A. for review ... regardless of the statute of limitations or merit.  The LAPD sent the case over to the D.A. for review.  No charges have been filed at this point.  

A rep for Scott tells us, "Scott Baio is grateful to LAPD for a timely investigation. They were presented many pieces of evidence and statements that contradicted and undermined Nicole Eggert’s untrue claims. Scott is now looking forward to the DA’s review and statement concluding this matter."

'Jeopardy!' Star Austin Rogers Vroom Vroom ... He's Gettin' His Own Show!!!

5/17/2018 12:30 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Answer -- This charismatic bartender became a "Jeopardy!" sensation last Fall after winning $411k during a 12-show win streak ... and could be starring in a new TV car show.

Who is Austin Rogers?

CORRECT!

Sources familiar with the project tell TMZ ... Austin's currently in high-level talks with a major cable TV network ... developing his idea for a car show for the "every man."

The series will showcase cars that didn't resonate with the public, but were the precursors to whips that were wildly successful. We're told Austin pitched the 1968 Honda CVCC, which was supper buggy and noisy but became a blueprint for the successful Honda line. He also talks about the Subaru Brat Pickup, which quickly fizzled.  

He'll travel the country looking for rare but inexpensive cars, and when he finds the right one he'll go on a road trip, exploring the city where the owner lives.

There will be no $400,000 Ferraris or tricked-out Rolls-Royces ... just cars that have been long ago rejected by the public but have a great story. 

We're told Austin came up with his idea -- which couples his love for cars with American history -- after his 'Jeopardy' run ended in October and, after pitching it with a production team ... a major network caught wind and has now partnered up.

The show's described as "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" meets "Top Gear" ... and we're told the project is in the funding stage now, but a big announcement is expected soon.

Looks like Austin wasn't lying about Hollywood calling.

Kristin Cavallari Bikini's Out In Mexico ... without Jay Cutler

5/16/2018 11:02 AM PDT
Breaking News

Kristin Cavallari has returned to Mexico ... she's back on the beach -- only this time, she left her NFL hubby at home. 

The former 'Hills' star grabbed a bunch of her girlfriends and jetted over to Tulum ... where they've been soaking in the sun and drinking wine on the sand. Good times. 

Kristin even posted a bikini pic captioned, "Bummin' around."

Funny, considering the last time Kristin was in Mexico she convinced Jay Cutler to go full naked on the beach and posted a bare ass photo of the QB for all the world to see. 

In fact, it appears the Cutler butt pic was shot at the same resort where KC's staying now. 

As for Jay, someone's gotta stay home with the kids ... and since he doesn't have a job at the moment, might as well be him. 

Jay's likely done playing in the NFL ... but he's also said that before and then signed a $10 mil contract with the Dolphins. So, stay tuned ... 

Ex-CNBC Producer Death by Exploding E-Cigarette ... Burned 80% of His Body

5/16/2018 7:56 AM PDT

A former CNBC producer was killed when his e-cigarette exploded and lodged in his skull ... according to an autopsy.

Tallmadge Wakeman D'Elia died on Cinco de Mayo in St. Petersburg, FL after his vape pen ignited a fire in his bedroom. The autopsy results just came out and reportedly showed the e-cig not only exploded and sparked the blaze, but it also made a "projectile wound" in D'Elia's skull. 

The 38 year old's vape pen was reportedly a device made in the Philippines that is unregulated and not recommended for beginners. It is still unclear what caused the pen to explode. 

FEMA, which keeps stats on electronic cigarettes, says D'Elia's death is the first in the U.S. caused by a vape pen.  

'The Gifted' Stars Marvel Needs a Muslim Superhero Good on Them for Doing It!

5/16/2018 6:38 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Marvel says it's bringing its first Muslim superhero to the big screen, and a couple of the universe's smaller screen actors say it's about time ... 'cause we need a new normal.

We ran into Coby Bell and Emma Dumont at LAX -- who both star in FOX's "The Gifted," which is a spin-off of the X-Men series -- and they give their bosses at Marvel major props for discussing how to bring their Pakistani-American character, Ms. Marvel, to life.

The president of Marvel, Kevin Feige, told the BBC this week that the studio plan on introducing Kamala Khan once they got Brie Larson's movie, "Captain Marvel," out of the way in 2019. Coby and Emma are looking forward to it for a few different reasons.

Coby says he wants his kid growing up to see heroes of color as the standard, not the exception ... even shouting out Obama in comparison. Emma's take is ... more broad strokes.

Around the Web