TMZ Turns Two -- Thanks for the Mammaries

11/8/2007 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ is entering its terrible twos, and what a wild ride it's been. On November 8, 2005, TMZ turned its lights on. The very first day, we shot the infamous Paris Hilton car crash video, where Stavros slams into a truck with a hit and run -- and Paris makes things right by blowing a kiss to the cops.
TMZ Turns Two
And then, the slouch we made a star -- Brandon "Greasy Bear" Davis, with Paris by his side, launched into his now infamous "firecrotch" rant against Lindsay Lohan.

Perhaps our biggest story -- Mel Gibson, busted for DUI -- where we got hold of documents that changed everything; four pages of an arrest report detailing Gibson's anti-Semitic rant.

And speaking of rants, there was Michael Richards in the video that shocked the world.

Along the way, Britney's divorce, Lindsay's arrest, Paris going to to the pokey, Anna Nicole's death fridge, O.J.'s hotel room invasion, Reese's split with Ryan, Rosie bailing from "The View," underage celeb drinking in clubs, Suri Cruise's birth certificate, Howard K. telling TMZ he was giving up his custody fight against Larry B., and on and on.

Thanks for the support, TMZ readers -- and thank God for alcohol! Time to party!

Jason Deets

You guys are why the Taliban and Al-Qaeda hates the United States. I guess a congratulations is in order for dumbing down the US even further.

Kudos to you guys.. I'm not even sure why you have the desire to wake up every morning.

Midnightman

Congratulations, and don't forget that it’s also Tara Reid’s 32nd birthday today. How about saying something nice about her to mark the occasion.

rebetta

Aren't you going to do a "Which would you rather" for yourselves.
You should put yourselves up against DListed, because I would rather be on their site right now.
I hate Websense.

Livia

Harvey -
Will we get to watch paint dry today with another streaming video of some restaurant in Hollywood? That was awesome. Whomever came up with that idea deserves a big fat raise. Oh, and by the way, what happened to the streaming video - it went blank all of a sudden and never recussitated? Did the franchisee of Urth come out and kick azz for almost killing his business?

truth

Congrats! Very impressive for 2 yrs---u actually brought back truth to tabloids. If you watch other tabloid shows/read magazines u notice they are always promoting stars in a kiss up way. U guys might spin a little---but at least it is not selling out to the whole perfect star myth

Livia

You say it's your birthday
It's my birthday too--yeah
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.
Yes we're going to a party party
Yes we're going to a party party
Yes we're going to a party party.
I would like you to dance--Birthday
Take a cha-cha-cha-chance-Birthday
I would like you to dance--Birthday
Dance
You say it's your birthday
Well it's my birthday too--yeah
You say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.

Happy Birthday! Please show more topless Lindsay.

Your'e Fired!

The TERRIBLE twos!

Kev

Congrats, it's been good!!

me

Enough already, now get out there and get some more good gossip.

Happy Birthday!

And hopefully many more to come.

Chris W

But I don't blame you, I blame the couch whales who hav so little to do in their lives that the only excitment they get is being a voyeur, or thinking that their drug addicted, ince3stuous family is "normal" compared to "celebrities." Of course, the only exposure I've ever had to this garbage has been commercials when I can't find the remote, so for all I know, you have school house rock on as well. I doubt it.

Livia

DANG!!! #11 for someone who isn't a couch whale and never reads this mind numbing chit you certainly know Harvey and his crew work!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Only brain dead lunatics watch your garbage. I always dream that one day, a celebrity will hire a photographer to hound and harass you and your children, intruding in every hour of your existence, makes your children fearful and cry.

Posted at 7:01AM on Nov 8th 2007 by Chris W

pimp

Congrats on lowering the bar on journalistic behavior....oops, sorry you are not journalists.....congrats on lowering the bar on papparazzis.

I hope this year you learn how to write

DaveRog

The only reason TMZ is somewhat popular is because of the link to aol. Nobody would actually seek it out.

me

well I have to say congrats, you guys have entertained me quite well every morning with my coffee, I have spit it out as I choked from laughter a few times, and I have yelled at you as well for your sly well hidden meanness... lol.... happy Birthday.... you old coots...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments