Failed 'Idol' Contestant

Arrested for Public Masturbation

... In Slushy Truck

1/17/2014 7:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0116-Samuel_Atherton-mug
If you thought this guy was weird on Wednesday night's "American Idol" premiere, just wait til you get a load of his rap sheet -- and we literally mean load --  the guy was convicted in 2010 after allegedly jerking it in a frozen lemonade truck ... while parked in front of a group of kids.

Sam Atherton had just finished serving frozen lemonade to a group of churchgoers and their kids when he was popped for "open and gross lewdness."

An eyewitness told police he saw Atherton "bobbing his head up and down ... with an intense look on his face" while vigorously moving his arm and shoulder. The witness claims when he approached Atherton to confront him, the guy's pants were around his ankles.

Atherton's excuse was classic ... he said he was just scratching his foot because of a severe fungus.

Atherton was convicted on two counts of lewdness and sentenced to two years probation.

Just when you thought nothing could be worse than his audition.

CLINT

I thought that cherry slushie tasted odd.

kbn

I live in Massachusetts; grew up chasing the "Mr. Lemon" truck so the minute i read this story and saw the headline and his excuse I remembered the story and googled it; mr. lemon taunton ma.

Greg

This guy needs to keep his pants up! geeesh! I bet you guys never thought you would wind up getting rich after reading an article about a guy whacking off and then following a bitcoin link! Thank me later! gldfaucet.com

She's baaaack

He doesn't need to be glorified on Idol or TMZ he needs to be killed before he harms a child.

seanmc0331

**** bird

eqquesz

Every time you Masturbate Carlos Santana smack a baby with his guitar.

Amatrixa

I wonder if he made that face while his was ...um...donating. At least "Tony" Connick wasn't impressed.

lisa

love doesn't last for ever? apparently neither does masterbating

lisa

love doesn't last forever? apparently neither does masturbation! besides,I ask for a cherry slush not a salty dog!!

lisa

i ask for a cherry slush not a salty dog!!

Lena

Auditioning for American Idol is JUST like public masturbation anyway

Lena

Sick piece of work..."parked in front a group of kids..." UGH what a sick F^&$

Jona De

We can laugh at his A.I. audition, but now I just feel sorry for this guy. He's probably got mental issues to deal with.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4