Daniel Cormier Jon Jones Is a Drug Addict
Daniel Cormier took things personal with Jon Jones Wednesday morning -- calling him a drug addict to his face ... and threatening to "beat that ass" at UFC 200.
Cormier was responding to Jones -- who had asked Daniel what he'll say to his kids if they ever ask, "Daddy, did you ever beat Jon 'Bones' Jones?"
Cormier essentially said he didn't HAVE to beat Jones to get his championship belt because Jones eliminated himself by testing positive for cocaine.
FYI -- Jones has said he's NOT an addict ... but admits he made a "really dumb decision" before the drug test for UFC 182 last year.
The back-and-forth between these guys is nasty ... and multiple people in the UFC tell us the hatred is 100% legit.
So, how did Jones feel about the whole thing? He asked the crowd ... "You guys ready to see D.C. get his ass whooped again?"
See also
Daniel Cormier I'll Crush Jon Jones ... 'Easy Work'
The smack talk continues ...
UFC superstar Daniel Cormier is already predicting victory over Jon Jones -- telling TMZ Sports the fight will be "easy work" after what he saw over the weekend.
Cormier was leaving 'GMA' in NYC -- where Dana White had just announced Jones vs. Cormier will be the main event at UFC 200 ... and told us he was PUMPED to get another shot at JJ.
As for the "easy work" comment -- Cormier is referring to Jones' victory over Ovince St. Preux over the weekend. Jon looked pretty rusty ... which was to be expected for a guy who hadn't fought in 15 months.
These guys HATE each other's guts -- and with more than 2 months until the fight ... the smack talk is only gonna get worse.
By the way, we recently spoke with UFC star Dominic Cruz on the "TMZ Sports" TV show on FS1 -- and asked if the beef is real ... or just an act to drum up publicity. Check out what he said ...
See also
UFC 200 New Main Event Revealed ... Jones vs. Cormier
Conor McGregor is out ... Jon Jones is in!
UFC honcho Dana White just appeared on "Good Morning America" to announce the new main event for UFC 200 in July -- Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier!!
We kinda saw it coming ... so, it's not really a shocker -- but people are fired up about it.
These two guys HATE each other -- and cussed each other out the last time they were face-to-face.
This should be fun!!
See also
Kevin Costner Bring MMA to Olympics 'Where the Real Tough Guys Exist'
Did you know ... table tennis is an Olympic sport -- and MMA is not?
Well, Kevin Costner ain't happy about it -- telling TMZ Sports he thinks the powers that be should bring the fighting sport to the Olympic games, ASAP!!!!
Costner says MMA has already "established itself as one of the greatest sports out there" ... adding, "I think it's where the real tough guys exist."
BTW, Costner's not the first high-profile dude to call for MMA in the games ... Randy Couture's been banging this drum for years.
#NoDisrespectToPingPong
See also
Dana White Nate Diaz Ain't Mad Working On UFC 200 Replacement
Dana White tells TMZ Sports he's still working to get Nate Diaz to fight at UFC 200 in July -- and says Diaz can essentially fight anyone he wants ... with one giant Irish exception.
"Obviously, I would like to keep Nate [in 200]," White told us outside of Mastro's in Bev Hills Monday night ... "Nate stands to make a lot of money in 200, I'd like to keep him in 200, but that's up to him."
Dana says Nate's not even mad that the whole Conor McGregor super fight fell apart -- insisting Diaz is "actually pretty cool about it."
"This is a fight that Conor was really obsessed with and Conor wanted this fight and Nate was like ... whatever."
So, what's the plan? Dana says the ball is in Diaz's court.
BONUS -- we also asked Dana which 3 UFC fighters he'd like on his side in a bar fight. His #1 choice is very interesting.
See also
Dana White Conor's a Possibility for UFC 201
Despite the fact he flat out LIED -- Dana White tells TMZ Sports Conor McGregor's not in his dog house ... and he's considering re-booking the UFC superstar as early as UFC 201 in August.
White was leaving Bouchon Bistro in Beverly Hills ... on his way to support Paige VanZant at "Dancing with the Stars" ... when we asked WHY he thinks McGregor posted the fake fight confirmation on Twitter Monday morning.
"I don't know ... I don't know why he did," White said ... "I still have not talked to him."
Watch the clip. White once again praises McGregor as a guy who's saved countless fights for the UFC in the past, and even though he won't fight at UFC 200 ... it sounds like he definitely wants Conor back in the octagon before the end of the year.
See also
Dana White Conor McGregor Is Wrong ... Fight Is Still Off!!!
Conor McGregor has NOT been added back to the UFC fight card ... this according to UFC honcho Dana White.
TMZ Sports spoke to White this morning ... who tells us, "It's not true. We haven't talked to Conor or his manager since the press conference. I don't know why he would tweet that."
Jon Jones Vegas Raging In Rascal ... After UFC 197 Victory
He was busted up after the fight, but Jon Jones wouldn't let an electric wheelchair keep him from turnin' up following his win at UFC 197!
Jones -- who admitted pain in his shins and feet after beating up OSP on Saturday -- strapped into a rascal and buzzed around the Vegas strip to celebrate his victory.
Did he pose with the characters from "Frozen"? Yep.
Did he pick up a cross-dressing Marilyn Monroe impersonator? Indeed.
Did he pose for pics with fans? He did that, too.
BTW, the wheelchair was reportedly "precautionary" ... so he should be good to go by UFC 200 ... if UFC officially makes that fight.
See also
Conor McGregor I'm Back On at UFC 200 ... UFC Hasn't Confirmed
Conor McGregor says he's BACK on the UFC 200 fight card ... claiming he worked out a deal with UFC honchos Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta ... though UFC has not yet confirmed.
If true, it would be a shocking development considering White had been so adamant about Conor being OFF the card ... since he refused to show up to Vegas this past weekend for promotional obligations.
In fact, White told the media the decision to move on from Conor was final.
Still, McGregor tweeted in the middle of the night ... "Happy to announce that I am BACK on UFC 200! Shout out to @danawhite and @lorenzofertitta on getting this one done for the fans. #Respect"
So far, no word from the UFC -- or White or Fertitta.
Stay tuned ...
See also
NFL's Arthur Jones I Might Fight UFC ... After NFL Career
Jon Jones might have some brotherly company in the UFC ... 'cause his NFL star sibling Arthur Jones tells TMZ Sports he's considering an MMA career after his football days are over.
Arthur -- a defensive tackle for the Indianapolis Colts -- says he's been training with Jon for years ... and came thiiiis close to taking an MMA fight during the NFL lockout in 2011.
He also happens to be a killer wrestler -- and says he's confident he could hang with pro fighters because he's kicked Jon's ass on several occasions.
Seriously!
So, what does Arthur do to relax? He's a dog breeder who runs Jones Bros Kennels ... where he breeds dogs that are so big, his kids can ride 'em like horses!
See also
Jon Jones Hired Food Specialist ... For UFC Comeback
Jon Jones was so serious about getting body ready for his comeback, he hired a food specialist to take over his diet leading up to UFC 197.
TMZ Sports spoke with weight management specialist Louis Giordano who tells us he's been preparing all of Jon's pre and post workout meals for the last 9 weeks.
It's a big fight for Jon -- one that could put him back on top of the UFC -- and Lou says Jones has been super meticulous about his 6-meal-a-day diet, pounding a TON of protein to prepare for battle.
"Chicken, turkey, buffalo/bison, steak, and salmon. I’ve also prepared lots of eggs, veggies such as kale, broccoli, spinach, & arugula. Black rice, sweet potato pancakes, oatmeal and more."
Though he says they don't really watch calories, Lou insisted Jon is no Rob Kardashian -- SO NO CHEAT DAYS.
"We don’t do that. Jon is focused on the prize and excited to get back in the ring, cheating isn’t a part of this."
Check out pics of the vittles below ...
See also
Nate Diaz 'Conor Got His Ass Beat'
Here's Nate Diaz stating facts about Conor McGregor at the UFC 200 news conference in Vegas ... and it's pretty damn hilarious.
Conor was a no-show at the event -- as he said he would be -- but still had a very strong presence at the event ... when he tweeted from his training camp in Iceland.
"Everyone flew in. Respect. But not everyone up there made the company 400 million in 8 months."
Nate was asked to respond to the tweet -- and gave the ultimate Nate Diaz response, "Conor got his ass beat."
Dana White also chimed in ... saying McGregor is officially out at UFC 200, just as TMZ Sports reported Thursday.
Still, Nate told the crowd the ONLY person he wants to fight at UFC 200 is Conor. We'll see what happens ...
See also
Ronda Rousey Gives Pump Up Speech to Kids 'Gotta Have Self-Confidence'
Imagine you're about to play a middle school soccer game ... and Ronda Rousey shows up to give the pre-game pump up speech -- pretty cool, right?!
UFC's Wanderlei Silva Conor McGregor Is Wrong 'Promotion Is Part of the Deal'
MMA legend Wanderlei Silva has a message for Conor McGregor -- be a pro and do your job.
The 39-year-old was at LAX when we asked how he felt about Conor's argument that he's paid to fight -- NOT to promote.
"The promotion is a part of the deal and you need to be professional," Silva told us.
Silva says he respects McGregor as a fighter -- but at the end of the day, he signed a contract ... or as Wanderlei so masterfully put it ... "Job is job."
You gotta watch the clip -- this guy is awesome.
See also
Nate Diaz Top UFC Fighter Asks for Shot ... I'll Replace McGregor!!!
That didn't take long ... now that Conor McGregor's been axed from UFC 200, a big time fighter is publicly angling to take his spot ... with UFC fighter Tyron Woodley saying he's down to face Nate Diaz.
Woodley is #3 in the UFC Welterweight rankings -- aka no slouch -- and when we got him out in L.A., he told us he's already campaigning Dana White to give him a shot against Diaz.
Just remember to show up at the press conferences bro.
See also
Conor McGregor Takes $10 Mil Hit UFC Officially Calls Off Fight
Conor McGregor's Facebook statement wasn't enough to move the UFC -- the organization is officially calling off his fight with Nate Diaz ... a fight that came with a $10 MILLION paycheck, TMZ Sports has learned.