Egypt Soccer Legend Put on Country's Terror Watch List
One of Egypt's most famous soccer players EVER has been put on the country's terror watch and no-fly list over allegations he contributed money to the Muslim Brotherhood.
The player is Mohamed Aboutrika -- who was an absolute STUD before retiring in 2013. In fact, he was named African Footballer of the Year FOUR TIMES!
But now, Egypt is putting the screws to Mohamed -- after officials say he helped finance the Brotherhood.
FYI, Egypt has designated the Muslim Brotherhood a terror organization. American politicians have introduced legislation to deem it one in the U.S. as well.
For his part, Mohamed DENIES the allegations and his lawyer says he will appeal.
See also
Scottish Soccer Players Raped Drunk Woman ... Judge Rules
Two Scottish soccer stars -- including a former member of the Scotland national team -- have been branded rapists by a Scottish judge after the victim sued their asses in civil court.
The players -- David Robertson and David Goodwillie -- were accused of raping a drunk woman at an apartment in 2011 after a night of heavy boozing.
The two men were teammates for the Dundee United soccer team and had gone out drinking after a game earlier in the evening. They allegedly took the woman to a nearby flat and had sex with her despite the fact she was too drunk to give consent.
The woman says she doesn't remember anything after leaving the bar ... until she woke up naked in a strange apartment.
Prosecutors had previously investigated the incident but no criminal charges were filed and the victim was reportedly "devastated" ... so she decided to take her case to civil court.
The judge ruled that both men "each raped her" -- and ordered them to pay roughly $124k in damages.
Goodwillie was a rising star in Scottish soccer -- and briefly played for Team Scotland before the allegations arose.
See also
Robbie Keane The LA Galaxy Are DOOMED ... 'Cause I'm Leaving
Bad news for LA Galaxy fans, it's all over for your soccer franchise ... that's according to departing superstar Robbie Keane who says the Galaxy are SCREWED now that he's leaving.
Keane's been an absolute badass for the squad since he came over in 2011 ... becoming the fastest MLS player to score 100 goals ... and winning 3 titles with the team.
But when we got him out at Delilah in L.A. he made it clear ... THE JOYFULNESS IS OVER ... saying the team can't possibly replace everything he's done.
We'd say he was joking ... but we kinda don't think he is.
See also
Usain Bolt Blows Open Shots On Goal ... At French Soccer Practice
Usain Bolt ... NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The greatest sprinter in the history of man joined the guys at French soccer club JS St-Jean Beaulieu for a workout ... and got two pretty wide open shots on goal -- and blew 'em both.
It wouldn't be a big deal if Usain was just a casual footballer ... but he's said he wants to focus on a soccer career after he retires from track in 2017.
Dude, gotta make those shots.
See also
Chapecoense Plane Crash Massive Stadium Tribute To Fallen Soccer Stars
Thousands of emotional fans packed the Arena Conda stadium in Chapeco, Brazil Wednesday night to pay tribute to the soccer players killed in the Colombia plane crash ... with flags, drums and fireworks.
71 people were killed -- including most of the Chapecoense Real soccer team -- when their flight crashed into the mountains in northwestern Colombia earlier this week.
The tribute at the team's home stadium was beautiful.
R.I.P.
See also
Cristiano Ronaldo Blazing Speed Training With Legendary 'King Feet'
Cristiano Ronaldo has called in the big guns to increase his already blazing speed -- a guy nicknamed "King Feet" ... and the video is insane.
His name is Luis Badillo Jr. -- and he's said to have the quickest feet on the planet. He's worked with pro athletes from the NFL and the NBA ... and even world-class sprinters like Asafa Powell.
Now, CR7 has called for his services -- and the two have been jamming out speed drills all day long.
It's insanely impressive ... and no, the videos aren't sped up ... it's all real time.
Waiting for your permission to load the Instagram Media.
See also
Colombia Plane Crash Soccer Team Survivor Instagrammed Before Crash
One of the survivors of the Colombian plane crash Instagrammed shortly before boarding the plane that went down -- showing him smiling and laughing with a soccer teammate before the unthinkable occurred.
The man with the beard is Alan Ruschel -- a defender on the Chapecoense soccer team, based out of Brazil. The team was set to play in the finals of the Copa Sudamericana on Wednesday.
Ruschel Instagrammed with his teammate, Danilo Padilha, while aboard the first leg of their trip -- before they got on the charter flight that crashed en route to Medellín, Colombia.
Padilha survived the initial crash, but later died at a nearby hospital.
Ruschel reportedly suffered head injuries in the crash -- but is said to be alive.
The plane, which took off from Bolivia, contained 81 passengers -- including players, journalists and others. It reportedly suffered electrical failure just before it was supposed to land near the airport in Medellin, Colombia.
Miraculously, rescuers found 6 survivors in the wreckage -- 3 players, 2 crewman and 1 journalist. 71 people have been confirmed dead.
According to reports, Lionel Messi and the Argentina national soccer team flew on the exact same plane just 20 days ago to travel to a match in Brazil.
Story developing ...
See also
Abby Wambach Fastest Divorce Ever ... Focusing On New Girlfriend
Well, that was quick ...
Just weeks after announcing her split, Abby Wambach and Sarah Huffman have already barreled through the divorce process ... and are officially dunzo.
Neymar Prosecutors Want Soccer Star In Prison ... In Corruption Case
Prosecutors in Spain are gunning to lock up Neymar -- claiming the Brazilian soccer star needs to be punished harshly for his alleged role in a multi-million dollar soccer corruption case.
The story is long and complicated but basically boils down to this -- officials believe Neymar and his family hid money in his $105 MILLION transfer fee deal from Santos to Barcelona in 2013.
For his part, Neymar has denied any wrongdoing -- and according to reports, he'll have the chance to prove it when the case goes to trial.
If convicted, the prison soccer team is gonna be super dope.
See also
U.S. Soccer Bruce Is Back Arena Named Klinsmann's Replacement
Well ... it's officially official.
After weeks of speculation, Bruce Arena has been named the head coach of the U.S. Men's National Soccer team ... the squad announced Tuesday morning.
Arena replaces recently sacked Jurgen Klinsmann ... who lasted 5 years with the organization.
“Any time you get the opportunity to coach the National Team it’s an honor,” Arena said.
"Working as a team, I’m confident that we’ll take the right steps forward to qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.”
Arena is the most accomplished coach in U.S. soccer history, so hopefully he can turn things around.
#USA
See also
Dominic Monaghan Hey, America ... YOU'LL NEVER WIN THE WORLD CUP!
It doesn't matter who takes over the USA men's soccer team -- a World Cup victory just ain't in the cards for America ... EVER ... so says Dominic Monaghan.
The German-born, English-raised 'Lord of the Rings' star is a HUGE soccer fan -- so we hit him up for his thoughts on the firing of Jurgen Klinsmann.
And that's when Dom hit us with some straight talk saying Team USA will NEVER win.
Yeah, they said the same thing about Trump ...
See also
Jurgen Klinsmann JUR' FIRED!! Axed from U.S. Soccer Team
It's over for Jurgen Klinsmann ... he's just been fired as the head coach of the U.S. Men's National Soccer Team.
U.S. Soccer Prez Sunil Gulati just issued a statement ...
"Today we made the difficult decision of parting ways with Jurgen Klinsmann, our head coach of the U.S. Men’s National Team and Technical Director."
"We want to thank Jurgen for his hard work and commitment during these last five years. He took pride in having the responsibility of steering the program, and there were considerable achievements along the way."
"While we remain confident that we have quality players to help us advance to Russia 2018, the form and growth of the team up to this point left us convinced that we need to go in a different direction."
Team USA has been getting wrecked on the national stage -- losing 2-1 to Mexico and recently getting shellacked by Costa Rica in a 4-0 route.
See also
Justin Bieber BALLIN' OUT WITH NEYMAR ... Penalty Shootout!
Bend it like ... Bieber?!?
Justin Bieber put on his electric green cleats and hit the pitch with Neymar at FC Barcelona's training facility ... and wound up in a penalty shootout with one of the best players in the world.
Soccer Star Ella Masar I'm NOT Boycotting America 'It Was a Complete Joke'
Ex-Team USA soccer player Ella Masar says she was NEVER serious about boycotting the U.S. now that Donald Trump has been elected president ... claiming she made a joke in a Swedish interview that was taken out of context.
Masar -- who currently plays for FC Rosengard in Sweden -- reportedly said she asked team honchos for a 4 year extension with the club "so I do not have to go back to the U.S. with Donald Trump as president."
But TMZ Sports just spoke with Masar ... who says the report is just plain wrong.
Masar does acknowledge she was talking about the election in the interview -- and made a joke about staying in Sweden for another 4 years ... but NOT because of Trump.
"No, I'm not staying out of America for 4 years ... I can't wait to go back in a week."
"I'm very proud to be American."
See also
'Game of Thrones' Cast Jon Snow, Khaleesi Form Alliance ... For Spanish Soccer Match
Tennis Star James Blake I'm Proud Of Harvard ... For Dropping Hammer On Soccer Team
-
EXCLUSIVE
- 21 shares
Tennis star James Blake is PROUD of his alma mater Harvard for taking swift action against the men's soccer team -- saying he's glad the school didn't go the Penn State route and try to cover it up.
Harvard's Dean cancelled the rest of the season after it was revealed players had compiled sexual "scouting reports" on incoming female soccer recruits -- complete with bang-ability ratings.
But Blake -- who attended Harvard in the early 2000s -- says the University had a choice on how they wanted to handle it ... and made the right decision by "outing themselves."
Blake says the move sends a strong message to students -- no one gets a "free pass" at Harvard ... even if you're a star athlete.