Joan Rivers died a year ago today, and a lot has happened:
1. Melissa Rivers filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Yorkville Endoscopy, the clinic where Rivers went into cardiac arrest during a throat procedure. The case is pending.
2. The feds blocked the clinic from getting Medicare and Medicaid payments.
3. The New State Dept. of Health determined the clinic screwed up by administering an improper amount of propofol to Joan. The Dept. also concluded Yorkville's crash cart was lacking a certain drug that could have helped save Joan's life.
4. Joan's personal doctor, Dr. Gwen Korovin, was also put on the hot seat. The Dept. of Heath said Korovin was in the operating room without authorization, despite her claims she was invited. Melissa's suing her as well.
5. A big deal was made of the fact that someone took a selfie during the ill-fated procedure. Dr. Korovin claims she had no idea another doctor was taking a pic, but Melissa says the photo was taken at Korovin's behest.
6. "Fashion Police" replaced Rivers with Kathy Griffin, but that ended in disaster. Griffin quit and the show went on hiatus, but returned on Monday, August 31. Melissa's now the host.