MJ's Lawyer Wade Robson is a Money-Grubbing Liar
The lawyer who repped Michael Jackson in the 2005 molestation case is scoffing at Wade Robson's interview on "Today," telling TMZ, "This is a pathetic and an obvious grab for publicity and an attempt to put pressure on the [Michael Jackson] Estate to pay him money."
Tom Mesereau tells us Robson is flat-out lying when he says this is not about money, saying, "Why call yourself a creditor if it's not about money." TMZ broke the story ... Robson has filed a belated creditor's claim with the MJ Estate.
Mesereau says Robson was grilled by the prosecutor in the 2005 criminal case and was unwavering. He says it's simply unbelievable that the truth didn't surface when Robson was on the stand. Mesereau says Robson is an intelligent guy who has volunteered statements in and out of court, defending Michael.
As for the money ... Mesereau tells us, "Everyone knows this Estate is well over a billion dollars and growing."
For the record, it's not at a billion bucks yet, but the Estate has made hundreds of millions of dollars and it will probably hit the billion dollar mark.
See also
Wade Robson Michael Forced Me to Have Sex And to Keep Quiet About It
9:00 AM PT -- Howard Weitzman, the attorney for MJ's estate, tells TMZ, “Mr. Robson has adamantly denied under oath and in numerous interviews over the past 20 years that Michael Jackson ever did anything inappropriate to him. He now wants us to believe that he committed perjury at least twice and has been lying to anyone and everyone about Mr. Jackson since the early ‘90s so he can file a claim for money. Mr. Robson’s transparent lawsuit comes nearly 4 years after Michael passed. His claim is outrageous and sad.”
Wade Robson says the only reason he's now changing his story ... accusing Michael Jackson of sexually abusing him for 7 years is because Michael engaged in a campaign of manipulation to keep him silent, especially during MJ's 2005 child molestation trial.
Robson went on NBC Today and said, Michael "performed sexual acts on me and forced me to perform sexual acts on him" from the age of 7 ... until Robson was 14.
Robson claimed he testified in 2005 that Michael did NOT sexually abuse him because Michael told him what they were doing was "an expression of love" ... and added, "if you ever tell anyone what we're doing both of our lives and our careers will be over."
TMZ broke the story ... Robson filed a creditor's claim against Michael Jackson's estate last week, insisting MJ sexually abused him during his childhood for years, but according to sources he didn't take action until he saw a therapist following a nervous breakdown.
Robson referenced the breakdown on Today, saying ... "For the first time in my life I began to realize that my completely numb and unexplored feelings in relation to what Michael did to me might be a problem and maybe I need to speak to someone about it."
Interestingly, Robson denied repressing memories of the alleged abuse ... instead saying he was merely "psychologically and emotionally completely unable and unwilling to understand that it was sexual abuse."
Robson added he doesn't excuse the alleged abuse, but he believed Michael was a "troubled man" who was an amazing talent, but "also a pedophile."
Michael Jackson's estate has told TMZ Robson's allegations are an "outrageous and pathetic" money grab.
See also
Beyonce Pregnancy (Rumors) Never Looked This Good
With no signs of morning sickness dehydration or exhaustion, a healthier Beyonce once again took to the stage in Belgium on Wednesday.
One day after postponing the Belgium concert -- and further fueling the pregnancy rumors -- Bey didn't disappoint her legions of fans and brought her Mrs. Carter Show World Tour to Antwerp.
While she was decked out in a form fitting Ralph & Russo body suit, there's still no official word if Blue Ivy's mom is performing for two -- but she doesn't look it ... yet.
Turns out Beyonce is really pregnant by the way. So there you go.
See also
Wade Robson I Don't Need MJ Estate to Prove Molestation in Court
Wade Robson WILL have his day in court in his attempt to prove he was molested by Michael Jackson ... even if he's shut down by the Michael Jackson Estate.
TMZ has learned ... Robson has filed a civil lawsuit in L.A. County Superior Court ... and it has nothing to do with his creditor's claim against the Estate. We broke the story ... Robson belatedly filed his creditor's claim, alleging MJ molested him between the ages of 7 and 14.
Robson may get shut down by the probate judge because he waited too long to file his claim. But the civil lawsuit we found will NOT go away that easily.
The allegations in the civil lawsuit are sealed, but TMZ has obtained the face page of the complaint, which shows Robson is suing DOE 1, an individual, DOE 2, a California corporation, and DOE 3, a California corporation. As for who these anonymous DOES are ... TMZ has done some digging, and it's clear. Robson is targeting MJJ Productions -- Michael's record label (owned by Sony) which hired Wade when he was 11 -- and MJJ Ventures ... which produced Michael's music videos.
The two corporations may have been involved in bringing Wade to the U.S. from his home in Australia, and it's clear Wade will argue they had some responsibility for protecting him -- kind of like the relationship between priests who molest and the Catholic Church.
As for the individual DOES (Wade names 50 DOES) ... it's very clear from our research that Robson is targeting the two executors of the MJ Estate -- John Branca and John McClain.
Short story -- even if Wade loses in probate court, he can probably have his day in civil court and put Michael Jackson and allegations of molestation before a jury.
See also
Wade Robson I'm Ready to TALK About MJ Sex Abuse Allegations
Wade Robson is breaking his silence on the Michael Jackson sex abuse allegations ... and it sounds like he's about to drop a bombshell.
Robson surfaced at JFK this morning -- unsuccessfully trying to stay low-key in a hooded sweatshirt and sunglasses.
But when the paps recognized Robson, they immediately blasted the guy with questions about his accusation -- that MJ molested him when he was a kid.
TMZ broke the story ... Robson claims MJ was a monster who sexually abused him for years ... but he didn't take action sooner because he repressed the memories. The MJ estate says Robson's allegations are completely bogus.
Robson says he'll open up about the situation tomorrow.
Stay tuned ...
See also
Beyonce Cancels Concert Fueling Preggo Rumors
More evidence Beyonce is with (2nd) child -- she just canceled her concert in Belgium and BLAMED IT ON DEHYDRATION AND EXHAUSTION!!!!!
Who smells BS???
Fact: The preggo rumors have been circulating for weeks ... but B has remained mum on the situation.
Now, she's bailing on a show ... and using the D&E excuse ... commonly known in the entertainment industry as "What you tell the media when you don't want to tell the truth."
Beyonce's rep says the singer is "awaiting word from her doctors before making a decision."
So ... congrats???
See also
Usher's Ex-Nanny Sues I Busted My Ass For You You Owe Me
10:00 PM PST -- A source connected with Usher tells TMZ ... this is a frivolous lawsuit and all the allegations made by the former nanny are completely false.
Usher has secretly been stiffing the nanny ... financially ... this according to a new lawsuit obtained by TMZ.
Cecilia Duncan is suing the singer, claiming Usher hired her as a part-time nanny back in December 2010 and she worked her ass off caring for his two sons (aged 4 and 5) often exceeding 40 hours per week.
According to the lawsuit, Cecilia felt like she was being overworked without being paid overtime ... and expressed her concerns to Usher in 2011 that she was being shafted.
Cecilia says Usher ignored her complaints for more than a year ... and finally fired her ass last September without paying her overtime money.
She's now suing for wrongful termination, failure to pay wages, and more -- demanding unspecified damages. Sources close to the lawsuit tell us she wants in the six-figure range.
See also
Jermaine Jackson Wade Robson Is 'Full of S**t'
Jermaine Jackson didn't mince words when we asked him about the recent molestation allegations made against his brother Michael by choreographer Wade Robson ... saying simply, "He's full of s**t."
JJ points out ... not only did Robson testify under oath that MJ never touched him, but Wade and his mother helped Jermaine write his book a few years back.
As TMZ first reported, Robson filed docs on May 1 asking a judge to allow him to file a creditor's claim against Jackson's estate ... claiming sexual abuse. A lawyer for the estate calls the claim "outrageous and pathetic."
See also
Wade Robson Skipping Town After Filing MJ Molestation Claim
Wade Robson's wasting no time hightailing it out of L.A. after alleging Michael Jackson molested him -- he just unloaded his Santa Monica condo -- and is leaving Cali for good.
Wade listed the condo March 21 for $789,000 and closed escrow May 8. And get this -- he scored more than the asking price -- $825,000.
It's not an outlandish leap to think the timing isn't coincidental. We broke the story this week ... Wade filed a creditor's claim against MJ's estate May 1 ... claiming the King of Pop molested him over a 7-year period when he was a kid.
Sources tell us, Wade, his wife and son plan to lay down roots in the Aloha state ... where his wife grew up.
Check out the condo and all its amenities. Repressed memories not included.
See also
'Dance Crew' Judge Shane Sparks I Believe Wade Robson
Former "America's Best Dance Crew" judge Shane Sparks -- a convicted statutory rapist -- has Wade Robson's back ... telling TMZ, he believes Michael Jackson molested the choreographer.
TMZ broke the story ... Wade has filed a claim with the MJ Estate, alleging the King of Pop molested him for 7 years, from the time he was 7 until he turned 14.
Shane tells TMZ, "I've been knowing Wade forever. Because of the man he is, I do believe him. I don't think he would lie about this because this could hurt him ... He don’t need the publicity or the money. I think this is something that has been on his mind and he had to get it off."
Shane tells us, a big clue emerged soon after he met Wade, who was not much older than 7 at the time.
According to Shane, Wade's tiny apartment was filled with ridiculously expensive electronics -- mixing boards, beat machines, video games, and other "rich kid" toys ... all of which were gifts from Michael.
Shane says Wade was so tight with MJ, he was allowed to host birthday parties at Neverland Ranch without Michael present -- and the only room that was off limits was Michael's bedroom.
Background on Shane, a self-professed MJ fan ... back in 2011, he was convicted of having unlawful sex with a minor under 16.
See also
Wade Robson Big Love For Michael Months Before Breakdown
-
EXCLUSIVE
- 20 shares
was singing Michael Jackson’s praises as recently as July 30, 2011 … talking about preserving MJ’s legacy and “representing his essence” … just 8 months before he claims a nervous breakdown sent memories of sexual abuse flooding back.
Robson rhapsodizes about MJ and the influence he had on his life ... telling the reporter from Rhythm Addict TV that he felt a lot of pressure choreographing the MJ Cirque du Soleil show.
But here's the rub. A spokesperson for the Michael Jackson Estate -- which produced the Cirque du Soleil show -- tells TMZ ... Robson was "on the list of choreographers but his son got sick and he wasn't used." The spokesperson said there was never a contract between Wade and the show.
See also
Ryan Seacrest NO Fabulous Parting Gift For Julianne
A story is circulating that Ryan Seacrest pulled a Simon Cowell by buying a $3 million mansion for his ex-GF Julianne Hough ... but TMZ has learned -- absolutely, positively false.
As the story goes -- Julianne sold her Nashville condo and is moving into the digs Ryan bought. But sources who know the situation tell TMZ ... he has not bought her anything as a parting gift -- nada.
But Ryan did buy her something before the breakup ... we broke the story Julianne apparently left her car door unlocked in a parking garage and someone stole $100,000 worth of jewelry Ryan bought for her.
The way we see it ... Ryan just cut his losses.
See also
Ray J Michael Jackson Never Touched Me
Ray J is coming to Michael Jackson's defense ... telling TMZ he used to hang out with MJ all the time back when he was a kid, but swears the singer NEVER acted inappropriately toward him.
The singer also says he knows Wade Robson -- the famous dance choreographer who recently claimed MJ sexually abused him as a child.
So who does Ray J believe?
See also
Lionel Richie New MJ Molestation Claims Are 'Bogus'
Michael Jackson's longtime friend Lionel Richie is scoffing at the new molestation claim against the King of Pop ... telling TMZ, Wade Robson's abuse allegations are "bogus."
As we first reported, Robson -- a famous choreographer -- filed a creditor's claim against Michael's estate this week claiming the singer sexually abused him as a child.
Wade's lawyer told TMZ ... as far as he's concerned MJ was a "monster" who sexually abused Wade for seven years ... and then threatened Wade if he ever went public.
Sources close to Wade told us, 30-year-old Wade's repressed memories came flooding back following a nervous breakdown last year.
But Lionel's STILL got MJ's back ... check out the video.
See also
Wade Robson Nervous Breakdown Triggered Molestation Memories
Wade Robson -- the famous choreographer who now claims Michael Jackson molested him for 7 years -- had a complete nervous breakdown in March, 2012 ... and that opened Pandora's box ... sources close to the Robson family tell TMZ.
Multiple sources tell us ... Robson had anxiety that was building during most of 2011 ... and it exploded in March, 2012. He had a debilitating nervous breakdown that pushed him into complete seclusion and torpedoed his career.
We're told after the breakdown, Robson was unable to work -- to fulfill his commitments. He had a number of contracts that he ended up breaching, including his promise to write 3 songs. Our sources say he lost "a ton of money" and has earned almost nothing since.
Sources tell us after the breakdown, Robson went to a psychotherapist for several weeks ... and that's all it took for the floodgates to open. Robson then told his family Michael Jackson had molested him from ages 7 to 14.
Our sources say shortly after Robson revealed his secret ... he told friends and family he planned to file a lawsuit against the MJ Estate.
As for his motivation ... Robson family sources tell TMZ ... although he's not making any money, he has "substantial savings."
See also
MJ Molestation Lawyer AEG Might Be Behind New Molestation Claims
Something stinks in Wade Robson's new molestation accusations against Michael Jackson -- so says MJ's famed trial attorney Tom Mesereau, who tells us the smell leads all the way back to AEG ... the company currently being sued by Katherine Jackson.
Tom called in to "TMZ Live" moments ago, claiming the timing of Wade's accusations is extremely suspicious -- considering the legal battle currently raging between Katherine and AEG ... the concert promoters behind MJ's 2009 "This Is It Tour."
Katherine and Michael's children are suing AEG, claiming the company is responsible for MJ's death by negligently hiring Conrad Murray to care for the singer ... and potentially BILLIONS of dollars are at stake.
Mesereau insinuates Wade's accusations are motivated by money ... specifically a payoff from AEG, which is currently on a mission to trash Michael's reputation.
We reached out to AEG for comment -- so far no word back.