TMZ

TMZ SPORTS

  • FS1
    M-T-Th-F:
    9:00 PM PST

    W:
    9:30 PM PST

UFC's Max Holloway Conor Needs to Figure His Life Out ... 'Hearing Crazy Things'

12/6/2017 12:25 AM PST
EXCLUSIVE

UFC champ Max Holloway says he's legitimately concerned for Conor McGregor ... not because he's gonna kick his ass, but 'cause Conor could be throwing away his career.

We talked to Max coming off his huge win at UFC 218 ... and the featherweight king set aside his desire to call out McGregor to dish out some real talk.

"Go figure your life out. You're hearing crazy things about the dude, and I hope it's not true," Max told TMZ Sports

ICYMI, a rundown of Conor last month ...

-- Got physical with officials at an MMA event
-- Was rumored to have been in a bar fight (though nothing concrete has come out)
-- Pissed off a judge at a court appearance for speeding
-- And that ain't all

Holloway says he wants to avenge his loss from 2013 -- but it's clear he respects McGregor and just wants what's best for him.

"I hope we don't see another guy of his stature fall because of things that he chooses to do outside the Octagon, and even in."

Tyron Woodley Nate Diaz Fight is Dead 'He's Scared, Homie'

11/29/2017 12:45 AM PST
EXCLUSIVE

Coulda been fun ... but Tyron Woodley says the potential fight with Nate Diaz at UFC 219 is officially dead.

"Nate Diaz is obviously scared, homie," Tyron said on the "The Hollywood Beatdown" show (subscribe on the TMZ Sports YouTube page).

Woodley previously said the UFC offered him the fight and he accepted -- and it was up to Nate to sign on the dotted line. But it didn't happen. 

Woodley says Nate was asking for WAYYYYYY too much cash -- $15 mil -- and he ain't a $15 million fighter. 

So, what's next? Tyron says he's got shoulder surgery on the horizon -- followed by a stint in a movie with some pretty big Hollywood stars ... which you'll hear all about when the full 'Beatdown' episode drops Friday morning. 

Ex-MMA Star 'Mayhem' Miller Convicted of Domestic Violence

11/28/2017 9:40 AM PST
EXCLUSIVE

Ex-MMA star Jason "Mayhem" Miller has pled guilty in his domestic violence case -- after allegedly roughing up 3 different girlfriends between 2015 and 2017, TMZ Sports has learned. 

Court docs show Mayhem was charged with 5 counts of felony domestic violence in Sept. -- along with 1 felony count of vandalizing a GF's car and house. He was also hit with misdemeanors for damaging 2 girlfriends' cell phones to prevent them from calling cops.

Miller initially pled not guilty to all charges -- but later struck a plea deal with prosecutors in which he pled guilty to corporal injury to a spouse/cohabitant and the rest of the charges were thrown out. 

Miller was sentenced to 3 years probation with a suspended 4-year state prison sentence -- which means if he violates his probation, the judge can lock him up for 4 years. He also got credit for the 62 days he already served in jail. 

Per the terms of his deal, Mayhem will be released to a sobriety treatment program and must remain clean for the entire term of his probation.  

Urijah Faber Jean-Claude Would Be A Damme Good UFC Fighter

11/18/2017 12:10 AM PST
EXCLUSIVE

You MMA fighters are lucky Jean-Claude Van Damme is busy as an international movie star ... 'cause UFC legend Urijah Faber says if he wasn't doing that, JCVD could be kicking ass in the octagon.

Faber attended a kicking clinic Van Damme put on in Sacramento this week, a clinic also attended by Faber's Team Alpha Male cohort Cody Garbrandt

Van Damme got busy with his legs (as he always does) but when we talked to Urijah we needed to know if he thought the Muscles from Brussels could ever do it FOR REAL.

"Oh, absolutely."

BTW, this isn't just Faber's opinion, he told TMZ Sports JCVD actually went toe-to-toe with one of the guys from his squad, and things got a little interesting.

"He actually got in with one of our pros and was moving around, and they started going back and forth and he actually caught the guy in the face with a little heel kick and it almost got heated there we had to calm it down."

Guy obviously never saw "Bloodsport."

Tyron Woodley to Nate Diaz: I'll Smash You With a Jacked Up Shoulder!

11/17/2017 2:16 PM PST
EXCLUSIVE

Nate Diaz ain't gonna like this ... 

Tyron Woodley says he's so confident he'll beat Nate's ass if they clash at UFC 219 next month ... he's willing to fight him with a busted shoulder!!!

"If there's any fighter that I think that I can fight with my shoulder not 100% ... it's that dude," Tyron said on "The Hollywood Beatdown" on the TMZ Sports YouTube channel. 

Tyron is rehabbing a labrum tear -- but says he's not worried about it one bit. 

There's A LOT more -- Tyron talks about the money he thinks he and Nate can rake in from the fight ... and why he's not even a little bit scared of Nate's famous Stockton Slap. 

Woodley also tells us if snorting workout powder is a real problem in the bodybuilding community after the death of Rich Piana

Plus ... Tyron gives props to Trump???? Yep. 

Nate Diaz Hits MMA Training Center With Tyron Woodley Fight Looming

11/17/2017 6:46 AM PST
Breaking News

After Tyron Woodley called him out Thursday, Nate Diaz went to his brother's MMA studio in Stockton, CA begging the question ... is he finally gonna take the fight?!?! 

Woodley announced on "The Hollywood Beatdown" that he already agreed to fight Diaz at UFC 219 in Vegas on Dec. 30 ... but he was waiting on Nate to sign his contract. 

Nate's been radio silent ... but he popped up at the Nick Diaz Academy where a jiu-jitsu class was in full effect. 

Unclear if Nate was participating in the training or just hanging out with his bro. 

One thing's for sure -- Woodley doesn't think ANY amount of training will save Nate if they do face off in the Octagon.  

Tyron Woodley Accepts Nate Diaz Fight 'Sign the Contract Already!'

11/16/2017 11:48 AM PST
EXCLUSIVE

Tyron Woodley says a showdown with Nate Diaz at UFC 219 is "50% complete" -- and the only thing that's holding it up is "scared" Nate Diaz. 

"All you gotta say is 'Yes,'" Tyron said in a message to Nate on "The Hollywood Beatdown" show ... "Put the ink to the paper and we done."

Tyron says he's ready and training for the Dec. 30 fight in Vegas ... and says he honestly believes Nate is scared to fight him.

"Guys in our sport bump their gums quite a bit and they get you to think they're these huge tough guys ... they're these gangsters that they'll fight anybody, anytime."

"And then when you get in front of a person like me ... the crickets start to come out. They don't really wanna fight."

Tyron says it happened with Michael Bisping, Georges St-Pierre, Conor McGregor and Nick Diaz.

"Now it's happening with baby brother [Nate] so I guess it's in the bloodline."

There will be a LOT more tomorrow when the full episode of "The Hollywood Beatdown" drops on the TMZ Sports YouTube page

UFC's Tyron Woodley I Was On Southwest Gun Pilot Flight!

11/15/2017 12:21 PM PST
EXCLUSIVE

Turns out, there was a celebrity onboard the Southwest Airlines flight that was delayed due to a co-pilot WITH A GUN ... and that celeb is UFC champ Tyron Woodley

The reigning welterweight champion touched down at LAX after the incident at St. Louis Lambert International Airport early Wednesday morning. 

TMZ broke the story ... one pilot was arrested after taking a loaded gun through security though witnesses had told us there were TWO pilots in handcuffs. 

Woodley says he definitely saw TWO pilots. 

Crazy morning for Woodley -- though he gives credit to Southwest for how they handled the incident. 

Jean-Claude Van Damme Schools UFC Stars ... In Fighting Class

11/15/2017 7:52 AM PST
Breaking News

Jean-Claude Van Damme put his money where his mouth is ... when he showed up to one of the top MMA training centers in the world and led a kicking workshop in front of 2 UFC superstars!!!

UFC Hall of Famer Urijah Faber and Cody Garbrandt were both on hand at Team Alpha Male in Sacramento on Tuesday night ... where JCVD did his sensei thing. 

Jean-Claude has long talked about how he can make MMA fighters better -- and even gave TMZ Sports a tutorial in a gym parking lot back in 2016. 

Well, the guys at T.A.M. were paying attention and invited him over to teach class -- and from the looks of it, the students loved it! 

JCVD's 57 years old ... too late to take a fight????

Ex-Giants DT Matt Mitrione Blasts Ben McAdoo ... 'It's McADon't!'

11/15/2017 7:01 AM PST
EXCLUSIVE

Ex-NY Giants defensive tackle Matt Mitrione says Ben McAdoo is a crap coach ... that's why he calls him, "Ben McAdoo-doo."

It's pretty funny and brutally honest coming from a former Giants player -- with Mitrione explaining why Ben's gotta get the ax in NYC after a disaster 2017 campaign. 

He holds Eli Manning's feet to the fire as well. 

Mitrione isn't done taking shots yet -- he's an MMA fighter now who's competing at the 2018 Bellator heavyweight grand prix. 

So, if McAdoo wants to get even ... sign up!  

Torrie Wilson 'Ronda Rousey Is a Badass' ... Would Dominate WWE

11/14/2017 11:15 AM PST
EXCLUSIVE

Ronda Rousey would be a "force to be reckoned with" in the WWE and Vince McMahon needs to sign her ASAP ... so says wrestling legend Torrie Wilson

There have been rumblings that Rousey could join WWE soon (though it hasn't happened yet) and Wilson says it's the ultimate no-brainer. 

"She's a badass," Wilson told TMZ Sports outside of Catch LA ... right before listing off several legit reasons why she would be an instant superstar in the squared circle. 

By the way, Wilson looks AMAZING (did we mention she's a fitness-aholic?) ... so, check out some of the pics below ... which prove working out really does do a body good!

Conor McGregor Sorry For Losing It In Dublin ... But the Ref Sucks

11/14/2017 10:00 AM PST
Breaking News

Conor McGregor is apologizing for storming the cage and getting violent with MMA officials during Bellator 187 in Dublin last week ... but he's still trashing the referee. 

"I sincerely apologize for my behavior at last weekends fight event in Dublin," McGregor said ... adding he let his emotions get the best of him after watching his training partner Charlie Ward win the fight. 

"As a multiple weight UFC champion, executive producer, role model and public figure, I must hold myself to a higher standard."

But Conor refuses to back off his criticism of referee Marc Goddard -- saying the ref made a "horrendous decision" trying to allow the losing fighter to continue into the second round. 

McGregor says he's personally witnessed an MMA fighter die from injuries suffered in the cage during a fight in Dublin -- and he was afraid it could happen again.

FYI, the fatal incident McGregor is referring to occurred in 2016 -- and the man who died happened to be fighting Charlie Ward. 

Conor says he has learned from his "mistakes" and vows to be better moving forward. 

I sincerely apologize for my behavior at last weekends fight event in Dublin. While trying to support a loyal teammate and friend, I let my emotions get the best of me and acted out of line. As a multiple weight UFC champion, executive producer, role model and public figure, I must hold myself to a higher standard. The referee Marc Gonard was making a horrendous decision in trying to pick an unconscious fighter up off the floor and force the fight to continue into the second round. Even against the wishes of the said fighters coach. The fight was over. After witnessing my fighter in a fight where the worst happened and the opponent passed away from his injuries on the night, I thought the worst was about to happen again, and I lost it and over reacted. I am sorry to everyone. I sincerely apologize to the Director of the Mohegan Tribe Department of Athletic Regulation, Mike Mazzulli, all the officials and staff working the event, Andy Ryan and his fighter John, two stonch ones that put up a great fight every time. That side will always have my respect, and lastly every one of my fans. I love yous all! I’ve always learned from my mistakes and this will be no different.

A post shared by Conor McGregor Official (@thenotoriousmma) on

Conor McGregor Incident KO'd Fighter Sounds Off ... 'You Can't F**kin' Do That!!!'

11/13/2017 3:04 PM PST
EXCLUSIVE

The guy who got KO'd in the cage right before Conor McGregor LOST HIS DAMN MIND feels pretty much how we all do about the situation ...

"You can't f**kin' jump out of a crowd in a sporting contest and do all that type of stuff," John Redmond told TMZ Sports. "In no place in life is that really tolerated."

John's being pretty cool to Conor, all things considered ... saying he's got no plans of taking legal action even though McGregor's outburst almost got him trampled.

That said, Redmond tells us there's only 1 way Conor can make it right -- A REMATCH (with his teammate, Charlie Ward).

"Tell your boy to bleedin' gear up again and get in and fight me!"

Doesn't seem like McGregor's in the mood to make amends with anyone ... but maybe for a fellow countryman??

Around the Web