UFC's Tyron Woodley I Was On Southwest Gun Pilot Flight!
Turns out, there was a celebrity onboard the Southwest Airlines flight that was delayed due to a co-pilot WITH A GUN ... and that celeb is UFC champ Tyron Woodley.
The reigning welterweight champion touched down at LAX after the incident at St. Louis Lambert International Airport early Wednesday morning.
TMZ broke the story ... one pilot was arrested after taking a loaded gun through security though witnesses had told us there were TWO pilots in handcuffs.
Woodley says he definitely saw TWO pilots.
Crazy morning for Woodley -- though he gives credit to Southwest for how they handled the incident.
See also
Jean-Claude Van Damme Schools UFC Stars ... In Fighting Class
Jean-Claude Van Damme put his money where his mouth is ... when he showed up to one of the top MMA training centers in the world and led a kicking workshop in front of 2 UFC superstars!!!
UFC Hall of Famer Urijah Faber and Cody Garbrandt were both on hand at Team Alpha Male in Sacramento on Tuesday night ... where JCVD did his sensei thing.
Jean-Claude has long talked about how he can make MMA fighters better -- and even gave TMZ Sports a tutorial in a gym parking lot back in 2016.
Well, the guys at T.A.M. were paying attention and invited him over to teach class -- and from the looks of it, the students loved it!
JCVD's 57 years old ... too late to take a fight????
See also
Torrie Wilson 'Ronda Rousey Is a Badass' ... Would Dominate WWE
Ronda Rousey would be a "force to be reckoned with" in the WWE and Vince McMahon needs to sign her ASAP ... so says wrestling legend Torrie Wilson.
There have been rumblings that Rousey could join WWE soon (though it hasn't happened yet) and Wilson says it's the ultimate no-brainer.
"She's a badass," Wilson told TMZ Sports outside of Catch LA ... right before listing off several legit reasons why she would be an instant superstar in the squared circle.
By the way, Wilson looks AMAZING (did we mention she's a fitness-aholic?) ... so, check out some of the pics below ... which prove working out really does do a body good!
See also
Conor McGregor Sorry For Losing It In Dublin ... But the Ref Sucks
Conor McGregor is apologizing for storming the cage and getting violent with MMA officials during Bellator 187 in Dublin last week ... but he's still trashing the referee.
"I sincerely apologize for my behavior at last weekends fight event in Dublin," McGregor said ... adding he let his emotions get the best of him after watching his training partner Charlie Ward win the fight.
"As a multiple weight UFC champion, executive producer, role model and public figure, I must hold myself to a higher standard."
But Conor refuses to back off his criticism of referee Marc Goddard -- saying the ref made a "horrendous decision" trying to allow the losing fighter to continue into the second round.
McGregor says he's personally witnessed an MMA fighter die from injuries suffered in the cage during a fight in Dublin -- and he was afraid it could happen again.
FYI, the fatal incident McGregor is referring to occurred in 2016 -- and the man who died happened to be fighting Charlie Ward.
Conor says he has learned from his "mistakes" and vows to be better moving forward.
Waiting for your permission to load the Instagram Media.
See also
Conor McGregor Incident KO'd Fighter Sounds Off ... 'You Can't F**kin' Do That!!!'
The guy who got KO'd in the cage right before Conor McGregor LOST HIS DAMN MIND feels pretty much how we all do about the situation ...
"You can't f**kin' jump out of a crowd in a sporting contest and do all that type of stuff," John Redmond told TMZ Sports. "In no place in life is that really tolerated."
John's being pretty cool to Conor, all things considered ... saying he's got no plans of taking legal action even though McGregor's outburst almost got him trampled.
Waiting for your permission to load the Facebook Video.
That said, Redmond tells us there's only 1 way Conor can make it right -- A REMATCH (with his teammate, Charlie Ward).
"Tell your boy to bleedin' gear up again and get in and fight me!"
Doesn't seem like McGregor's in the mood to make amends with anyone ... but maybe for a fellow countryman??
See also
Conor McGregor 'F**k Yous All' ... Responds to Ref Incident
Conor McGregor is explaining why he "lost it" at an MMA fight in Dublin on Friday -- saying the ref had no business trying to throw him out of the cage.
He also offered up a "f**k yous" to all of his critics.
You remember the incident -- Conor illegally scaled the cage at Bellator 187 after his training partner, Charlie Ward, won by knockout ... and EXPLODED on veteran UFC ref Marc Goddard for breaking up the party. He slapped a regulatory official square in the dome too.
After the fight, everyone was asking the same question -- why did Conor go batsh*t insane?
McGregor tweeted (and then deleted) early Monday morning, saying:
"Bloke KO'd on floor bout a minute straight and ref trying to say fight's not over, Conor. That's when I lost it. F**k yous all."
So, what happens next? Will McGregor be disciplined for getting physical with multiple officials?
We've reached out to the UFC to see if they'll take action. Stay tuned ...
See also
Conor McGregor Slaps MMA Official, Pushes Ref In Crazy Post-Fight Scene
Conor McGregor just went NUCLEAR at an MMA event in Dublin ... slapping a regulatory official and pushing veteran UFC referee Marc Goddard for breaking up his post-fight celebration with training partner Charlie Ward.
It all went down after Ward won by 1st-round KO at Bellator 187 -- which prompted McGregor to jump into the cage to show his SBG Ireland teammate some love.
One problem -- Conor wasn't allowed in the cage since he wasn't a licensed cornerman for Charlie ... so Goddard and several fight officials stepped in to interrupt their bro moment.
Waiting for your permission to load the Facebook Video.
McGregor was PISSED -- pushing Goddard from behind and getting in his face ... before the officials and BFF Artem Lobov escorted him from the cage.
But Conor wasn't done. He came back, climbed back on top of the cage and straight slapped one of the officials upside the head.
FYI, Goddard ordered McGregor to leave cageside last time Lobov fought in the UFC ... so that's probably what set Conor off.
Still ... gotta think there's gonna be hell to pay for his actions.
See also
GSP on McGregor Fight Don't Rule It Out!!
Georges St-Pierre says a superfight vs. Conor McGregor is possible ... but not until after he fights Robert Whitaker.
Fresh off his victory at UFC 217, GSP joined the guys on the "TMZ Sports" TV show (airs tonight on FS1) and talked about his fighting future.
Earlier this week, Dana White told us he wouldn't rule out a St-Pierre and McGregor superfight -- saying Conor is down to fight anyone.
Now, with GSP saying he's up for it too, it seems it's all about making the money work.
BTW, UFC welterweight champ Tyron Woodley mixes it up with GSP, too -- make sure to catch the whole interview on "The Hollywood Beatdown," when the show drops on Friday.
See also
UFC's Brittney Palmer 'Please Come Back' Conor McGregor ... & Fight GSP!!
Conor McGregor's chances of fighting in the UFC this year just got exponentially higher ... 'cause is he really gonna let down a ridiculously attractive fan who wants him back inside the Octagon??
We got Octagon girl Brittney Palmer out in L.A. -- and, turns out, she loves Conor just like the rest of us.
Brittney told TMZ Sports she doesn't know when he's gonna come back ... but she hopes it's soon -- "please come back!"
Palmer also told us she's super down for McGregor vs. GSP -- and even said she'd talk to Dana White to try and make it happen.
Bonus: Brittney's a double-threat -- painting original works for BIG money -- and told us all about a huge art show she's putting on at Art Basel.
See also
Greg Hardy Keep Watching Me, Dana White ... I'll Prove I'm UFC Ready
Greg Hardy's got a message for Dana White on the heels of his 32-second KO debut -- "keep an eye on me" ... "'cause you're gonna want me in the UFC eventually."
"I'm here to prove whatever I need to prove," Hardy told TMZ Sports.
"I'm trying to work on being the best me that I can be -- being the best athlete, being the best complete fighter, being the best person."
Pretty good pitch for the embattled ex-NFL star -- who Dana says is gonna have to conduct himself like a pro in and out of the cage before he gets a UFC opportunity.
Hardy told us he's up for the task -- and already has a timeline set for his next fight!!
11/02/17
See also
Michael B. Jordan Doesn't Know Who Sage Northcutt Is ... Or Does He?
There are two ways to read this quick video response from Michael B. Jordan that TMZ Sports shot outside Craig's in L.A. when we asked him about rumors UFC's Sage Northcutt is up for the role of Ivan Drago's son in "Creed 2."
"I don't even know who that is," Michael said.
Maybe he doesn't. Sage isn't a household name (yet). Maybe MBJ was just trying to drive his ridiculously nice car into the L.A. night, probably to visit some beautiful actress and eat fresh grapes.
Or maybe he knows exactly who Sage is and that he's up for the role -- and played the age-old "I don't who that is" game because he wants to give no props to the man whose fictional dad killed his fictional dad.
Maybe MBJ wants the revenge America deserves on Drago's unholy spawn so badly that he can't even begin to come to terms with the all-encompassing rage he feels when the name "Drago" is uttered.
It's probably the first one, honestly, but dear God we wish it was the second.
To hell with you, Drago. #RIPApolloCreed.
See also
Dana White: Conor McGregor Vs. GSP? ... 'Never Say Never'
Another super fight for Conor McGregor??? Dana White says he won't rule out a throwdown with Georges St. Pierre.
Look, it ain't happening anytime soon ... White says he's got specific opponents in mind for Conor and GSP to fight next before they would meet up in the octagon.
But when it comes to Conor vs. GSP -- "Listen, I'll never say never but [GSP] weighs 185 and Conor weighs 155."
However White says he's convinced Conor would take that fight ... or ANY fight.
But for now, White says ...he's trying to lock up Conor vs. Tony Ferguson for UFC 219 on Dec. 30 -- but Conor's massive asking price seems to be holding up the deal.
As for GSP, White says he's eyeing Robert Whittaker.
See also
Rose Namajunas Joanna Privately Congratulated Me ... After UFC 217 Beatdown
For all that trash she talked before the fight, Joanna Jedrzejczyk was humble in defeat ... privately congratulating Rose Namajunas after losing at UFC 217.
"She came up and congratulated me afterwards and said, 'All the best,'" Rose tells TMZ Sports.
Before the fight, the former undefeated strawweight champ told Namajunas she was gonna snatch her soul from her body. Seriously. It was frightening.
But Rose says Joanna was a total pro backstage ... "just humbled and respectful."
So, what's next for "Thug" Rose? Don't expect an immediate rematch ... Namajunas says Joanna might still need some time to "process" everything after that brutal beatdown.
See also
Urijah Faber: I'd Definitely Consider Fighting T.J. Dillashaw
There's some truth to the rumors ... with UFC Hall of Famer Urijah Faber saying he'd consider coming out of retirement to fight T.J. Dillashaw -- but there are some serious caveats.
"First off, the fight for T.J. is Cody [Garbrandt]," Faber tells TMZ Sports ... insisting he doesn't want to "jump the line" and block his good friend from getting a chance to avenge his loss from UFC 217.
But if situation was right ... and the money was right ... 38-year-old Faber says he's all the way down.
And if that fight doesn't happen ... Faber says he'd considering getting back in the Octagon to fight someone else -- but it can't be a nobody.
Bottom line ... doesn't sound like we've seen the end of the California Kid.
See also
UFC's TJ Dillashaw: Garbrandt Doesn't Deserve Rematch ... Bring On Demetrious!
T.J. Dillashaw says there's NO WAY Cody Garbrandt gets an immediate rematch after their war at UFC 217 -- saying "No Love" has to get in line ... behind Demetrious Johnson!
The UFC bantamweight champ joined the guys on the "TMZ Sports" TV show (airs tonight on FS1) -- and told us there's already movement to make a super-fight with Mighty Mouse.
"Dana (White) loves it," Dillashaw said.
As for Cody, check out the full interview on FS1 tonight to hear Dillashaw spill the beans on what he said to Garbrandt in the ring in the moments after the fight ... and why he thinks his rival doesn't deserve another title shot any time soon.
See also
Tyron Woodley on UFC 217: I Want the Main Event Winner ... But That's Not Fight of the Night!!!
Tyron Woodley just gave TMZ Sports a solid UFC 217 preview, but the bigger news ... he wants the next crack at whoever wins the main event!!!
We got T-Wood outside Madison Square Garden and asked him to weigh in on Saturday night's card ... and he doesn't disappoint. Check it out -- Woodley thinks one fighter is going to absolutely crush it and gives us a prediction on the fight everyone will be talking about.
Oh, and he says he's more than ready to throw down next with the winner of Michael Bisping vs. recently un-retired Georges St-Pierre ... and we're all about that.
Tyron also shows some love to NYC MMA fans ... even the haters.