TMZ

TMZ SPORTS

  • FS1
    M-T-Th-F:
    9:00 PM PST

    W:
    9:30 PM PST

Chick-fil-A Packaging Was NOT Made to Fit Straws ... But It's Still Perfect

11/13/2018 12:39 PM PST
EXCLUSIVE

Chick-fil-A customers found a convenient loophole in the company's packaging to turn a cup and straw into a portable table for nuggets ... but it ain't what CfA had in mind when it designed its boxes.

Fans of the fast food joint rejoiced this weekend when a viral meme pointed out you could fit a straw through a hole in the box used for nuggets and rest the delicious pieces on the cup's lid. 

While the life hack is extremely convenient, we've learned it is NOT the original purpose of that hole. In fact, we're told there are 3 tabs on the back of the boxes and they're pushed in by employees to designate whether the box contains nuggets, strips or "other." 

Still, we gotta give the "inventor" credit ... it is a boss use of a carton -- especially if you're someone who's down with the Chick.

Next up ... which came first, chicken or the egg? 

Le'Veon Bell Doesn't Report, Out For Season ... Forfeits $14.5 Million

11/13/2018 1:00 PM PST
Breaking News

Le'Veon Bell ain't playing for the Steelers this year ... and maybe never again -- 'cause the All-Pro RB just missed the deadline to report to the team.

Bell -- who's been holding out since the offseason in search of a new mega-deal with Pittsburgh -- had until 1 PM PT to sign his franchise tag.

But ... the deadline came and went with no Bell to be found.

As we previously reported ... Bell's been tearin' it up on jet skis and in nightclubs during his time away from the squad -- but most, including the team's owner, expected him to be back with the team today.

Bell, though, decided against it ... and will now forfeit ALL of the $14.5 MILLION the Steelers were set to pay him this season.

It's not like Pitt's exactly crying over the move ... James Conner's been killin' it in Bell's stead -- and teammates have ripped the RB for his holdout throughout the past few months.

In fact, even coach Mike Tomlin threw some shade Bell's way Tuesday ... saying if this so happens to be the last time he ever coaches Bell, "So be it."

'Fear the Walking Dead' Kid Actor Alexa Nisenson Rakes $30k for Just 5 Episodes

11/13/2018 1:01 PM PST
EXCLUSIVE

Alexa Nisenson's barely 12 years old but she's already got a very full piggy bank ... thanks to a fat check from her work on "Fear the Walking Dead." 

The kid actress -- who played Charlie in season 4 -- earned $30,000 for appearing in 5 episodes. If she crosses her fingers, things could be looking up in 2019. According to her minors contract, obtained by TMZ, Alexa could earn another $25k if she is picked up for season 5. AMC recently just picked it up for a fifth season.

Alexa's no stranger to Hollywood. She appeared in Ice Cube's "Fist Fight," starring Charlie Day and Tracy Morgan, and lent her voice in the kids' TV series "Summer Camp Island" but 'FTWD' is her most prominent role yet. That is until "Orphan Horse" is released next week. She stars alongside Jon Voight.

 

Jim Acosta & CNN We're Suing Trump Over Yanked WH Press Pass

11/13/2018 9:11 AM PST
Breaking News

President Trump can't take his CNN grudge out on Jim Acosta by yanking his White House press pass ... at least that's what CNN is asserting in a new lawsuit.

CNN and Acosta are taking the extraordinary step to sue POTUS over last week's fiery showdown during a news conference. According to the suit, CNN believes Trump violated its First Amendment right by revoking Acosta's "hard pass" ... thereby hampering his ability to cover the White House.

In the suit, they say Trump and Sarah Sanders are hiding behind the flimsy argument Acosta accosted an intern who was trying to grab his microphone. They point out the video Sanders posted was apparently doctored, and say even Trump later described the incident as not "overly horrible."

CNN says the "sole justification" for the Administration pulling Acosta's pass is "their dislike for [CNN and Acosta]'s coverage" of Trump.

According to the docs, obtained by TMZ, Trump also violated CNN's 5th Amendment due process rights because Acosta wasn't informed ahead of time his credential was revoked.

In fact, Jim posted video of the Secret Service agent confiscating his press pass. The lawsuit -- filed against Trump, Sanders and Chief of Staff Gen. -- seeks to get Acosta's pass returned, stat. 

They're likely facing an uphill battle, though.

Famed attorney Alan Dershowitz told us the physical confrontation between Acosta and the intern will muddy the waters and make it tough for CNN to make its case.

Fat Sal's That Ain't a Drive-Thru, Lady!!! Van Crashes into H'wood Sandwich Joint

11/13/2018 10:31 AM PST
EXCLUSIVE

Fat Sal's got a rude, and potentially deadly, awakening when a van barreled through its front doors Tuesday morning ... destroying the Hollywood sandwich shop.

The scary accident went down around 7:30 AM, just as employees were prepping food. We're told a woman was driving down Highland Ave. when she experienced mechanical failure, careened across 4 lanes and crashed into the building.

The front of the shop and its interior were obliterated ... windows, chairs, tables ... all crushed. Fat Sal's opens at 11 AM, so thankfully there were no customers at that time. 

We're told the employees are okay and cops are treating this as an unfortunate accident. We're told the restaurant's owner will not press charges. And, get this ... the restaurant's to-go location just a couple doors down will be open for biz today!

Fat Sal's is frequented by tons of celebs. Fabolous was just there a couple weeks ago.

Rob Kardashian We Played Blac Chyna in Child Support War ... But She Begs to Differ

11/13/2018 10:46 AM PST
EXCLUSIVE

10:45 AM PT -- Sources connected to the litigation tell TMZ months ago a judge suspended Rob's entire obligation to pay any child support until he could evaluate Chyna's resources as well as Rob's, so for now, Chyna's getting $0 in child support. Rob Kardashian has gone into court to get a reduction in child support, but it's something he planned on doing for more than a year ... and it was all designed to get Blac Chyna to drop domestic violence allegations that could have cost him custody.

Sources connected to the case tell TMZ, Rob and Chyna are now locked in a war over how much he has to pay to support 2-year-old Dream. As we reported, Rob agreed in September 2017 to pay her $20,000 a month in child support. He now says he's basically broke and she's rolling in the dough.

Our sources say, Rob agreed to pay $20k a month knowing that a judge would have reduced that amount significantly, but he needed Chyna to back off her claim he physically abused her -- aggressively hitting, shoving and pushing her to the ground during their relationship -- something that could have badly hurt him in their custody fight.

In return for Rob agreeing to pay $20k a month, Chyna dropped her domestic violence restraining order and agreed to give him 50/50 joint custody of their child. Our sources say Rob planned from the get-go to let some time pass, then go back into court and ask for a reduction in child support, claiming he has virtually no income. That's exactly what he has done.

Chyna's lawyer, Lisa Bloom, tells TMZ ...Chyna was NOT played and she knew Rob would probably go back into court for a reduction in support. Bloom says her client made her point and got what she wanted -- an agreement Rob would leave her alone. She also got him to agree not to post more revenge porn targeting her, something Bloom says has dogged Chyna to this day.

Bloom says Chyna never wanted to fight over custody and wanted Rob to be involved in Dream's life. She also claims Rob is pretending to be poor when he leads a lavish lifestyle. She says, "Rob has deliberately retreated from social media to suppress his income in order to reduce support. What kind of father plays games with supporting his own baby?"  

And, Bloom says, Chyna still has a separate, active civil case against Rob which raises the domestic violence issue.

Originally Published -- 8:05 AM PST

Paz de la Huerta Sues Harvey Weinstein for Sexual Assault

11/13/2018 10:02 AM PST
EXCLUSIVE

10:01 AM PT -- Weinstein's attorney, Benjamin Brafman, "It is our understanding that the Manhattan District Attorney's Office carefully reviewed Ms. De la Huerta's claims of sexual assault by Mr Weinstein many months ago and made a conscious decision to reject her as a complainant for obvious reasons."

He continues, "We also believe that her newly minted version of events including her new  California claims are equally preposterous and unfortunately, the product of an unstable personality with a vivid imagination."Paz de la Huerta is suing Harvey Weinstein for 2 alleged sexual assaults she says went down in 2010.

The "Boardwalk Empire" star has previously gone public with the accusations, but she's now filed a lawsuit. In the docs, she recounts meeting Weinstein at an NYC movie premiere on Dec. 7, 2010. She claims he offered a ride home to her apartment, and insisted on coming in because he didn't want to discuss business in her very public lobby. 

According to the suit, once Weinstein got upstairs he threatened her career if she didn't have sex with him -- and then raped Paz. 

She claims the 2nd incident went down on Dec. 23, 2010 ... when Weinstein called her to say he'd be waiting outside her building when she got home. In the suit, Paz says she decided to confront him, and drank heavily on the way home ... out of fear and depression. 

The drinking is important because Paz says she was too wasted to consent to sex. She says when she got home and confronted him in the lobby, Weinstein "hushed her" and insisted on speaking in private ... in her apartment. Once inside ... she says he "again forced himself on [her] by performing unconsented vaginal intercourse through overpowering physical force."

Paz says they saw each other again in 2011 in his Four Seasons hotel room in Bev Hills. In the suit, which her attorney Aaron Filler says he filed Monday, Paz says Weinstein opened his robe and exposed himself as soon as she entered. She claims he invited her to have a threesome with another naked woman in the room, but rejected him and left the room. 

Paz believes Weinstein retaliated by getting her fired from "Boardwalk Empire" -- and estimates his actions have cost her $55 million in earnings over her career.

She's suing him for assault, sexual battery and emotional distress. She's also going after the now-defunct TWC and the Four Seasons. 

Originally Published -- 9:09 AM PST

Tekashi 6ix9ine Record Label's Out Nearly Half a Mil ... After Music Vid Shooting

11/13/2018 1:00 AM PST
EXCLUSIVE

The shooting at the home for the filming of the Tekashi 6ix9ine's music video was a VERY expensive setback for the record label behind the project ... as in almost half a million dollars down the drain.

Sources tell TMZ ... Universal Music Group spent upwards of $480k to fund the video shoot that was supposed to feature Nicki Minaj and Kanye West ... before bullets shattered glass in the mansion and things then came to a screeching halt. 

It also looks like UMG might be eating this one -- we're told there are zero plans to reschedule or reshoot.

As for why the budget was so steep ... just look at what was done to the interior of the Bev Hills mansion for the shoot. Crew members placed multi-colored decals on lots of the windows, which was supposed to mimic 6ix9ine's hair. Our sources say some of that money also went to SFX, lighting and, of course, salaries.

We broke the story ... Tekashi, Kanye and co. found themselves under attack Thursday night after 2 gunmen opened fire on the Bev Hills estate. Surveillance footage captured the assailants firing off multiple rounds at the house. Nicki was not there at the time of the shooting.

Cops are looking for the shooters -- but this one's gotta hurt where it hits record labels most ... the wallet.

Gerard Butler I'm 1 of Thousands ... We'll Rebuild After the Fires!!!

11/13/2018 7:07 AM PST

Gerard Butler says he's heartbroken for Californians who've lost their homes -- and, in many cases, their lives -- during the wildfires ... and he's asking for help as folks begin to rebuild.

The "300" star stopped off on the side of the road Monday near his now burned-out Malibu home and opened up about the painful experience of rummaging through the ashes of his community. He choked up a bit as he talked about how much other people -- especially in Northern Cali -- have lost.

As we reported ... Gerard found his home in ashes this weekend after returning to Malibu. He now says only half of his house is burnt, unlike many neighbors who've lost their entire properties. The silver lining ... he says he's going to rebuild, and hopes others will too.

Gerard also gives an important plug for the GoFundMe page launched to help the wildfire victims.  

Paris Hilton Ditches the Glam For Humanitarian Trip

11/13/2018 7:22 AM PST

Paris Hilton's mom is right ... Paris is too busy to get married right now -- she's got her hands full helping a town in Mexico still reeling from a devastating earthquake.

Paris visited the town of Xochimilco on Monday to hand out pillows, and other items from her company, to families struggling to recover from the 7.1 magnitude earthquake that struck in September 2017. She hugged little kids and posed for pics as she dropped off the gear.  

More than 100 people died in Central Mexico and tons of buildings were reduced to rubble -- so, humanitarian efforts are still much needed.

Paris teamed up with Un Kilo de Ayuda (One Kilo of Help) for this mission.

Wifey material FOR SURE -- if and when she's ready.

Lorde Says Kanye & Cudi Stole Stage ... But Set Designer Shuts Lorde Down

11/13/2018 7:19 AM PST
Exclusive Details

7:15 AM PT -- Es just revealed she first debuted the floating box for the English National Opera in 2007 in a pic posted to Instagram. Clearly, the first time the design was used ... and disabling Lorde's claim in an interview that she came up with the concept on her own ... it was always Devlin's. 

View this post on Instagram

CARMEN by Georges Bizet , English National Opera 2007

A post shared by Es Devlin (@esdevlin) on

11/13 8:55 PM PT -- Turns out the set designer, Es Devlin, has worked with Kanye since 2005. She's helped him design sets for MASSIVE tours including Touch The Sky, Glow in the Dark, Watch the Throne, YEEZUS and Saint Pablo.

What's more ... it's puzzling Lorde tried making the alleged "theft" a gender issue, Devlin is female. Devlin designed Kanye's floating stage for Saint Pablo in 2016. Just one year later, Lorde hired her to design the suspended box look for her Coachella show and then Lorde copied the concept, making it float for her tour ... ironic.

Our Kanye sources say he's never seen a Lorde show and would never think to copy her. There are also striking similarities between other Kanye tour looks, and what Lorde recently did on tour.

6:28 PM PT -- Kanye just announced he will NOT be releasing his "Yandhi" album on Nov. 23 as he'd previously told us, and the decision seems to be tied to his performance with Cudi. In a tweet, Ye says ... "It felt so good being on the stage last night with my brother Cudi. After performing again, I realize the new album I’ve been working on isn’t ready yet. I’ll announce the release date once it’s done. Thank you for understanding." If that means more collabs with KC ... we're not mad.

Lorde is calling out Kid Cudi and Kanye West for allegedly stealing her idea to perform in a floating glass box -- something she did BEFORE Cudi and Ye.

The "Green Light" singer posted photos on her Instagram story Monday, displaying her floating glass box stage design along with the one KC and KW used Sunday night during their Camp Flog Gnaw performance in L.A. The 2 are almost identical. 

She captioned one of her pics with clear disapproval, saying ... "I'm proud of the work I do and it's flattering when other artists feel inspired by it, to the extent that they choose to try it on themselves." She continues ... "But don't steal -- not from women or anyone else -- not in 2018 or ever."

Lorde put dancers in her floating box, and even hopped in there herself during her 2017 international "Melodrama" tour. She also used the stage prop during her 2017 Coachella performance.

You may recall ... Kanye was the first big artist to use a floating platform stage during a concert, which was a highlight of the "Saint Pablo Tour" of 2016.  It's not the same as Lorde's, but, one could argue, Kanye is the OG of suspended stages.

Originally Published -- 6:34 PM PST   

In other news...

Anthony Bourdain's friend Chef Daniel Boulud says the TV host died because 'his heart was broken’

Chef Daniel Boulud has revealed why he believes his friend Anthony Bourdain died back in June

SEE MORE »

Brooklyn Nets Star Caris LeVert Suffers Gruesome Injury ... Stretchered Off Court

11/12/2018 6:57 PM PST
Breaking News

11/13 9:30 AM PT -- LeVert reportedly dislocated his right foot and ankle in the incident ... and he can return later this season.

Brooklyn Nets star Caris LeVert suffered a nasty leg injury Monday night that was reminiscent of the injury that sidelined Gordon Hayward for an entire season.

LeVert landed awkwardly after going up to attempt to block the Timberwolves' Josh Okogie and appears to have snapped his ankle. You can see how much pain he's in right away as he covers his face. LeVert had to be taken off the court by stretcher. 

The injury is eerily similar to the one Hayward suffered last year during his debut with the Celtics. Hayward also landed awkwardly on his ankle, and had to undergo surgery to recover. 

LeVert's injury is undoubtedly a season-ending one. There's been no official update on the severity of the break, but it's a huge loss for the Nets, who were 6-7 going into Monday's game.

Donnell Rawlings on Stan Lee I Cameo'd for Stan in 'Spider-Man 2' ... RIP to a Legend

11/13/2018 12:50 AM PST
EXCLUSIVE

Stan Lee was supposed to deliver one of the most memorable lines in "Spider-Man 2," according to Donnell Rawlings ... who ended up replacing the late Marvel legend.

We got Don at LAX soon after we broke the news that Stan had passed away, and he had a hilarious story for us about his cameo in the original "Spider-Man" sequel. In case you've forgotten, Donnell briefly shows up when Tobey Maguire goes swinging with pizzas in hand.

According to Donnell, Stan was set to drop the classic line ... but, apparently, he'd fallen ill during filming and Don got tapped instead. He even reenacts the "Oscar-worthy" scene for our camera guy, and does a pretty good job at recapturing the magic.

BTW, Stan did end up making a cameo in 'SM2,' but it was a non-speaking part. He was notorious for showing up in the Marvel movies ... someway, somehow.

Like we first told you ... Stan was rushed to Cedars-Sinai by ambulance from his Hollywood Hills home early Monday morning, and he died at the hospital. 

He was 95.

RIP

Around the Web