UFC's Stephan Bonnar JUICED UP During Anderson Silva Fight
Sometimes steroids just don't do the trick ... just ask UFC's Stephan Bonnar, who got crushed by Anderson Silva during last month's UFC fight.
After Bonnar's loss -- which triggered his retirement from the UFC -- he was tested and Drostanolone (an anabolic steroid) showed up in his system ... according to MMAjunkie.com.
Here's the thing ... this isn't the first time this has happened to to Bonnar. He tested positive for a steroid substance back in 2006 after UFC 62. He was suspended and fined.
As for the Silva fight, Bonnar lost by TKO and the steroids make Silva's win all the more impressive.
See also
Jon 'Bones' Jones I'm Gonna Beat the Crap Out of Chael Sonnen
It took long enough ... but UFC champ Jon "Bones" Jones will finally do battle with his longtime verbal tormentor Chael Sonnen ... both in the ring AND as opposing coaches on "The Ultimate Fighter."
UFC President Dana White announced the fight earlier today ... confirming the two will face off on April 27. Additionally, the two will serve as coaches to up-and-coming fighters on the FX reality show "The Ultimate Fighter."
Sonnen has been harassing the hell out of Jones for weeks ... ever since Jon refused to allow Chael to step in as a replacement fighter for a Sept. 1 fight when Jon's originally scheduled opponent dropped out due to injury at the last minute.
Chael proceeded to run a campaign of harassment on Twitter ... sending a flurry of messages to Jon ... including, "I know you will never fight me. Don't be afraid. But I'll always be the monster in the closet of your mind, little JJ."
Now, it's on ... and it should be good.
See also
Stephan Bonnar Planning UFC 153 Escape ... In Case of Baby Emergency
Win or lose, UFC badass Stephan Bonnar is hauling ass back to the U.S. following his bout against Anderson Silva at UFC 153 -- and TMZ has learned, it's all because his pregnant wife's on the verge of a baby-splosion.
Stephan's wife Andrea tells TMZ, she's due to give birth at the end of the month -- but on the off chance she pops early, Stephan wants to be by her side.
UFC 153 is taking place this weekend in Rio de Janeiro -- so Andrea tells us, Stephan plans to hop a plane as soon as he can after his fight against Silva ... and fly straight back to his wife in Vegas.
But Stephan's not just taking any old plane -- we're told UFC honcho Dana White has offered Stephan the use of his private jet to get him back to Sin City as soon as humanly possible.
We're told Stephan immediately took Dana up on his offer -- but he still has a contingency plan if all else fails ... Skype.
Andrea says Stephan plans to video conference in to his wife's birth if he can't make it in time -- but she adds, "We're trying to avoid even thinking about that."
See also
Ex-UFC Fighter Charged with Vandalism After Naked Church Arrest
Jason "Mayhem" Miller has been charged with vandalism after allegedly breaking into a church, getting buck ass naked, and trashing the place ... this according to the Orange County District Attorney.
According to the charging docs, obtained by TMZ, Mayhem was hit with one misdemeanor count of vandalism -- and if convicted, he faces up to a year in jail.
In the criminal complaint, the D.A. claims Miller "did maliciously and unlawfully deface with graffiti and other inscribed material, damage, and destroy church property ... in the amount of $400 and more."
TMZ broke the story ... Mayhem was arrested last month inside the Mission Hills Church in Mission Viejo. Cops say Mayhem was totally naked, reclining on a couch, when they found him.
Cops also claim Mayhem trashed the place, scattering books, photos, and breaking CDs. He also allegedly unleashed a fire extinguisher all over the place.
Mayhem is due in court November 21st.
Calls to Mayhem's reps were not immediately returned.
See also
Chael Sonnen TEARS APART Jon Jones with Pizza Poster
Chael Sonnen is still taking shots at UFC star Jon Jones, but now he's doing it with a flier for his pizza joint in Oregon ... and it's pretty obvious what he's trying to say.
Sonnen is still fuming mad that Jones refused to fight him at UFC 151 after Sonnen was named as an injury replacement for Dan Henderson.
So now Sonnen is calling out Jones by adverting a Jon Jones Special Pizza ... which is "loaded with chicken." He also pokes fun at Jones' DUI arrest back in May, by advertising that the special comes with a six-pack of beer ... but they offer delivery so you'll "avoid a DUI."
Not very subtle, but effective.
See also
Chael Sonnen Jon Jones is an 'Entitled, Bratty Kid'
Chael Sonnen is TEARING into Jon Jones ... calling the UFC champ an "entitled bratty kid" for refusing to fight him at UFC 151.
Chael was hangin' out in front of his pizza joint in Oregon ... not training ... since Jones refused to accept Chael as a replacement fighter for Dan Henderson, who had to pull out of UFC 151 due to a knee injury. The event has since been canceled entirely ... the first time the UFC has EVER canceled an event.
Sonnen is clearly furious with Jones ... claiming his refusal to take the fight is an act of "treason.'
"Jon Jones isn't gonna fight me next Saturday ... what else does he have to do? Is there a wine-tasting at a race track or something?"
Sonnen took another jab at Jones -- making light of his DUI bust.
In the end, Chael insists Jon can run ... but he can't hide ... saying they WILL eventually cross paths in the octagon.
"All he is doing is delaying the inevitable."
See also
Ken Shamrock Roughs Up a Woman (Thought She Was a Man)
UFC hall-of-famer Ken Shamrock -- one of the greatest MMA fighters ever -- has been accused of battering a woman at a California mall ... but Ken claims it was an honest mistake ... 'cause he thought she was a he.
Shamrock -- whose nickname is "The World's Most Dangerous Man" -- was hangin' out at a mall in Modesto, CA last month when he saw two women fighting each other in front of the Coach store ... surrounded by a group of lookie loos filming the whole thing.
We're told Shamrock dove into the scrap and tried to pry the women apart ... when one of the bystanders, a HEAVYSET bystander, jumped on his back and tried to rip Ken out of the pile.
Shamrock's rep tells TMZ ... he threw the person off of his back and followed up with a move that knocked the attacker to the ground.
After the person was incapacitated, the crowd shouted at Ken, "You just hit a girl." Ken took a closer look and realized the attacker was in fact a female .. so he immediately backed off.
An officer arrived to the scene and took a battery report against Shamrock, noting the only injury was a slight abrasion to the woman's knee. The report was sent to the District Attorney's Office.
But law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Shamrock probably won't be prosecuted because officials don't feel the woman he knocked to the ground is a "victim." In fact, they believe Ken was acting in self-defense.
Shamrock's rep notes, "Outside the ring, Ken is not a violent man ... and was only trying to do the right thing."
See also
Jason Miller Fire Extinguisher MAYHEM Before Crazy Church Arrest [PHOTOS]
Fired UFC fighter Jason "Mayhem" Miller unleashed a BLIZZARD of fire extinguisher foam inside a church moments before his crazy naked arrest yesterday -- this according to police -- and now, TMZ has obtained photos of the mess.
We broke the story ... Miller was taken into custody for burglary early yesterday morning -- after allegedly breaking into the Mission Hills Church in Mission Viejo, CA ... and tearing the place up.
In addition to the mass fire extinguisher chaos -- law enforcement sources say Miller also scattered CDs, books, and broke multiple picture frames ... before relaxing on a couch upstairs ... stark naked.
Cops arrested Miller on the scene. He was promptly medically evaluated. It's unclear if he was under the influence.
See also
Ex-UFC Fighter Arrested Inside Church BUCK NAKED
3:37 PM PT -- Naked is in ... TMZ just obtained Jason Miller's mug shot after his crazy naked arrest today in an Orange County church ... and he's wearing the paper suit reserved for naked arrestees. Just like Randy Travis.
Recently-axed UFC fighter Jason "Mayhem" Miller was arrested today in Orange County, TMZ has learned -- after allegedly breaking into a church, spraying a fire extinguisher all over the place, and getting buck naked.
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, the O.C. Sheriff's Office received a call early this morning from the Mission Hills Church in Mission Viejo about a possible burglary in progress.
When the deputies arrived, we're told they found the first and second floors covered in white fire extinguisher spray. Cops say the place was also trashed -- scattered CDs, books, and broken pictures.
When officers reached the second floor, we're told they found Miller naked on some couch -- totally awake and coherent.
Miller -- who also hosted the MTV reality show "Bully Beatdown" -- was taken into custody for burglary, and is currently being medically evaluated. It's unclear if Miller was under the influence.
It's worth noting -- UFC honcho Dana White cut Miller earlier this year, claiming "some crazy sh*t happened backstage" at UFC 146 and Miller was fired.
Miller and White went back at it on Twitter recently, with Miller telling White to "kill yourself." Calls to Miller's rep were not returned.
See also
UFC Prez Dana White We Should Be in the Olympics!
UFC president Dana White doesn't think a guy with a prosthetic limb can compete in UFC -- a la Olympic sprinter Oscar Pistorius -- but he does think it's time for his sport to become an Olympic one.
Last night outside Mr. Chow, White talked about whether or not an amputee could make it in the UFC ... since Nick Newell, who has no left hand, is undefeated in the XFC and South African sprinter Pistorius, a double amputee, competed in the Olympics.
White wasn't sure that could happen ... but he did make his case to make UFC an Olympic sport.
So we ask ...
Jon 'Bones' Jones License Revoked In Drunk Driving Case
UFC champ Jon "Bones" Jones will not be allowed to drive for the next 6 months ... after a judge REVOKED his license as part of his sentence for drunk driving back in May.
Bones appeared in Binghamton City Court in Upstate New York this morning ... where he was sentenced for the May 19 incident in which he crashed his Bentley into a utility pole around 5:00 AM.
The 25-year-old fighter struck a plea deal with prosecutors ... in which he agreed to plead guilty to DWI and in exchange, he must pay a $1,000 fine, complete a victim impact panel within 90 days, and surrender his driver's license for 6 months.
There's more ... Jones must pay $6,500 in restitution to New York State Electric and Gas (NYSEG) to fix the utility pole ... AND he's required to have an ignition interlock device installed on his cars.
At the end of the hearing, the judge admonished Jones to make better decisions in the future.
See also
Tito Ortiz Forrest Griffin Is a TERRIBLE Role Model
Tito Ortiz is coming out swinging against the guy that beat him into retirement -- telling TMZ, Forrest Griffin's use of testosterone before the fight sets a terrible example for kids ... and UFC fans in general.
In case you didn't know, Forrest underwent a controversial treatment before his July 7th bout against Tito Ortiz -- the final fight of Tito's 15-year career with UFC.
The treatment's called TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) and it's commonly been used by older MMA fighters, like Dan Henderson and Chael Sonnen. The treatment's said to boost testosterone levels in older fighters to that of a fighter in his 20s.
Proponents say the treatment levels the playing field among young and old fighters alike -- but Tito disagrees ... ripping Forrest for using TRT, saying, "I don't think it was a good thing to show our kids."
Tito added, "Setting a good example is doing the right thing. And that's being drug-free."
Now the big question, will Tito seek a rematch??? Watch the video to find out.
UFC Fighter: Look Ma, I Split My Face Open
***WARNING: EXTREMELY GRAPHIC**
Ladies and gentlemen ... UFC fighter Roy Nelson's mangled face -- after taking a nasty knee to the forehead Saturday night at UFC 143, courtesy of Muay Thai punisher Fabricio Werdum.
Nelson -- who lost the fight by unanimous decision -- posted the picture on his Twitter, writing, "Here is the cut from me head butting werdum's knee in the 1st. My face is fine, forehead is a little sore."
According to Nelson, the gashes on his face -- one big, one small -- required between 16-20 stitches.
If that weren't badass enough -- Nelson says he's already back at the gym today.
Nurse!
Sports Central at L.A. Court 4 Stars, 4 Paternity Hearings, ... 5 Baby Mamas
The NFL ... NBA ... and the UFC all collided in L.A. today ... when 4 major sports stars were involved in 4 separate paternity hearings ... at the same exact courthouse!!!
Terrell Owens ... along with MMA legend Chuck Liddell and Jacksonville Jaguars star Marcedes Lewis were all hanging out in the hallway on the 8th floor of the L.A. County Superior Courthouse ... each waiting to deal with their individual baby mama drama.
Washington Wizards star Roger Mason also has a paternity hearing today ... but so far, he's a no-show.
As for the other guys ...
-- T.O. faced off with 2 baby mamas ... in an effort to lower his monthly child support obligation.
-- Liddell was there to handle money issues with his baby mama as well.
-- Marcedes has a hearing scheduled for this afternoon ... he's currently having a conversation with his baby mama in the cafeteria.
L.A. County Superior Courthouse -- the worldwide leader in sports ... hearings.
Da na na ... na na na.
After court, we asked Marcedes if he joked around with Chuck and T.O. while inside -- but he said it was "a little more serious than that."
More Baby Mama Drama
UFC Star Takes Down Robber Before Fight
Jon "Bones" Jones -- who has a huge UFC fight tonight in New Jersey with Shogun Rua -- just subdued a robber with an awesome fighting move -- TMZ has learned.
Jones was doing what has become his ritual before a fight ... he was meditating at a park in Patterson, NJ when he heard a woman scream, "I've been robbed!"
Jones began chasing the man for a good distance. When the fighter caught up with the alleged robber, he knocked the guy's legs out from under him, then placed him in a figure-four leg lock until Paterson cops arrived.
Jones' fight tonight -- UFC 128 -- is in Newark.
Jones tells TMZ, "It was a great pre-fight warm-up for me!"
UPDATE: Jones tweeted about the incident, and even posted a photo (see below) his driver took of the aftermath. He wrote, "I caught him....Coach Jackson finished him ... It feels so good to help others. It gives me power and energy."
See also
Ex-UFC Star in Bloody Street Fight Caught on Tape
TMZ has obtained footage of former UFC superstar Roger Huerta engaging in a bloody street fight in Austin, Texas this weekend -- against a man who appears to have socked a woman in the head.
27-year-old Huerta -- who was once featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated -- was in front of a bar in Austin around 2 AM on Saturday morning ... when some other people began fighting. Roger was near the scuffle ... when he saw one of the men involved punch a female who was standing near the ruckus.
Once Huerta sees the woman collapse to the ground -- he instantly tries to confront the attacker saying, "You just punched a f**kin' girl."
Moments later, Huerta takes off his shirt ... slams his hat to the ground ... and rushes after the man.
Chaos ensues and people scramble after the fighters, blocking the camera -- but seconds later ... a shirtless Huerta can be seen finishing his attack on the other man ... who is sprawled out on the street.
People rush in to aid the bloody man on the ground -- who eventually gets off the pavement -- as Huerta walks away from the battle ground.
Austin PD tells TMZ that officers were called to the scene -- but so far, no arrests have been made.
Huerta's manager tells us, "I have not spoken to Roger yet about this incident, but I can say that it's in his nature to be very protective of women."