TMZ

Our TV Shows

Got a Tip?

Call TMZ at (888) 847-9869 or Click Here

Bryan Singer Accuser

Indicted For Fraud

12/17/2014 11:29 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1217-michael-egan-tmz-01
Michael Egan -- the man who accused "X-Men" director, Bryan Singer, and mega producer Garth Ancier of repeatedly sexually assaulting him when he was 15 years old -- has been criminally indicted for securities and wire fraud. 

Egan made a spectacle of his allegations by holding a news conference in which he described in lurid detail what he claimed to be an organized sex ring at various pool parties.

Egan abruptly withdrew his lawsuits after his case began crumbling. The feds indicted Egan Thursday for allegedly defrauding investors by promising to invest money in Halloween-themed ventures, but instead pocketing the cash to pay for personal expenses.

According to the indictment Egan lied about owning parts of Vegas hotels and casinos and knowing the CEO of a major bank. He also allegedly duped an attorney into telling his investors that he had $13 million in assets when in reality he had less then $11K to his name.

If convicted he could face up to 20 years in prison and $5 million dollars in fines.

49ers Ray McDonald

Cops Search Home in Rape Investigation

12/17/2014 10:01 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1217-ray-mcdonald-getty-01
update_graphic_red_bar12:10 PM PT -- San Jose PD says Ray is officially a suspect in the rape investigation -- and the alleged victim said she was "possibly sexually assaulted" on Monday.
update_grey_gray_bar49ers
star Ray McDonald was served with a search warrant by police officers investigating a rape allegation.

San Jose PD went to McDonald's home Tuesday after talking to a woman who was getting treatment at a hospital for a possible sexual assault. Whatever the woman told police ... their investigation led them to McDonald's home.

Police have not named the Niners defensive lineman a suspect in the alleged rape ... and it's unclear what, if any evidence they found in his house.

McDonald's name was just cleared last month ... in the August domestic violence case involving his pregnant fiancee ... when the D.A. decided there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute him.

Sony

We Know How to Make This Movie Go Away

12/17/2014 8:36 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1214-sony-studios-the-interview-01
update_graphic_red_bar
2:00 PM PT -- AMC Theaters has decided to pull the plug as well, saying, "At this time, to best enable AMC guests to plan their holiday movie-going with certainty and confidence, AMC is programming its theatres without 'The Interview.'"

1:15 PM PT -- Canada's top theater chain, Cineplex, has postponed screening "The Interview."

12:10 PM PT -- Two more major movie chains -- Regal Entertainment and Carmike Cinemas -- have now decided to drop the film as well.

10:10 AM PT -- Bow Tie Cinemas became the second major chain to announce they will not be showing the film on any of their 350 screens. Bow Tie CEO Ben Moss said "the safety and comfort of our patrons is foremost in our minds."update_grey_gray_barSony execs think there's a way to yank "The Interview" and still not give in to the cyber-terrorists.

Industry insiders with direct knowledge tell TMZ ... studio heads are now banking on a flurry of cancellations from the various movie distributors across the country ... to the point where it would not make economic sense to release it.

We're told the execs are actually viewing the latest threat as having a silver lining ... the threat of a 9/11-type attack will make so many theaters pull the flick themselves -- and Sony won't have to do it. One movie chain has already reportedly folded -- the Carmike Cinemas. ArcLight is mulling over what to do.

We're told Sony execs want the bleeding to stop ... especially attacks against mid and low-level employees whose lives, finances and health issues have been exposed.  

Surprisingly ... there's talk about the movie getting play on some sort of pay-per-view platform, but that seems odd if they want the hacking to stop.

1217_la_premiere_interview_footer

Amy Pascal

I'm Going Nowhere

12/17/2014 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Amy Pascal Job Sony
Sony Pictures Chief Amy Pascal will NOT step down ... and we're told there has been a groundswell of celebrity support for her to keep her job.

Our industry sources tell TMZ ... more than 50 showbiz bigwigs -- many of whom are celebrities -- have contacted Pascal and other honchos at Sony voicing support for her. Ironically, a number of the supporters voice their sentiment via email to various execs at Sony.

We're told the celebs who have come forward include Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth PaltrowJohn Singleton, Jack Nicholson and Tyler Perry. As for that pic of Jolie with the steely look as Pascal hugged her ... we're told it was just a moment in time.

We're told Pascal is winning some points by spending much of her time in the last few days focusing on the security and safety of the employees.

Pascal is under fire for her emails with producer Scott Rudin about Prez Obama's film preferences, which Rudin said ranged from "12 Years a Slave" to "Ride Along."

The people voicing support have gone out of their way to say they do not think Pascal is racist.

Stephen Collins

Confesses to Sexual Abuse

'I Did Something Terribly Wrong'

12/17/2014 6:03 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1007-stephen-collins-tmz-11-1Stephen Collins is publicly acknowledging he sexually abused three underage girls, but he says, "I have not had an impulse to act out in any such way" in the last 20 years.

Collins made his comments to People -- and will sit down for an interview with Katie Couric -- where he will discuss his confession about molesting and/or exposing himself to 3 underage girls decades ago.

He writes, "Forty years ago, I did something terribly wrong that I deeply regret. I have been working to atone for it ever since."

Collins says he apologized to one of the victims 15 years ago, but decided against contacting the other two because he thought it "could actually make things worse for them by opening old wounds."

Law enforcement has been investigating the incidents, but our sources say the cases will go nowhere because the statute of limitations has long since run.

1007_stephen_collins_through_footer_4

Sony Hacking Scandal

Execs Convinced It's an Inside Job

12/17/2014 12:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Sony Hack Inside JobSony execs are now convinced someone who worked for the studio is behind the massive hacking ... because no one from the outside could so precisely target the compromising information.

Multiple sources connected to the studio tell TMZ ... the strong, prevailing view is that the North Koreans are probably involved, but they used someone with intimate knowledge of the Sony email system to laser in on the most embarrassing information.

We're told the people at Sony who are investigating believe the hackers had intimate knowledge of mail systems and their configurations. They also believe the hackers have knowledge of the internal media distribution systems and the internal IT systems, including human resources and payroll.

Several people suggested a possible link between the hackers and Sony layoffs, which included a large number of IT employees.

Dan Bilzerian Sued

Roof-Tossed Porn Star ...

He Should've Known I Can't Fly

12/16/2014 6:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Dan Bilzerian Throws Porn Star Off Roof It's officially open season on Instagram playboy Dan Bilzerian -- he's been hit with his 2nd lawsuit in a week ... this time from the porn star he tossed off a roof and into a pool.

Janice Griffith just filed the suit against Bilzerian and Hustler magazine for the stunt she says left her with a broken foot. In her suit, Janice says Huster hired her to do a photoshoot at Dan's home back in April ... which would show off his "extravagant lifestyle."

She says the porn star-pool toss was suggested by Bilzerian and Hustler -- and she was assured it would be safe. She says they should've known she didn't have the skills to pull off the stunt ... based on her "experiences and qualifications." Translation: porn stars can't fly, dummy.

According to the suit, after the stunt went awry ... she was offered booze to ease her pain. She doesn't say if she accepted.

Afterward, Janice says she reached out to Bilzerian and his attorney -- and got back a letter from them she calls "unprofessional." Gotta say ... It was a pretty epic retort.

Bilzerian got sued last week by a chick he kicked in LIV Nightclub in Miami.

Janice is suing for unspecified damages and lost wages. Apparently the broken-foot-fetish market isn't booming.

1211_dan_bilzerian_flashy_lifestyle_footer

Kurt Busch

I Can't Terrorize My Ex-GF

She's a Trained Assassin

12/16/2014 4:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

121614_patricia_driscoll_launchKurt Busch's ex-girlfriend is in court to get a restraining order against him -- but the NASCAR driver is fighting back with what he says is proof she's a certified badass who couldn't possibly be afraid of him.

Patricia Driscoll testified in a Dover, Delaware court Tuesday about Kurt's alleged attack on her after one of his races in September. As we've reported ... Driscoll claims he choked her inside his motorcoach.

But sources close to Busch tell TMZ Sports his legal team has submitted a YouTube video of Driscoll as evidence. The video entitled "Pocket Commando" -- was posted earlier this year, and shows her at a gun range, showing off marksman skills and talking about the company she owns ... Frontline Defense Systems. 

Driscoll calls herself a "commando mommy" on the video ... which we're told was shot and edited to pitch her as a reality TV star.

We're told Busch's attorneys will argue that Driscoll is a "trained assassin" who would have no reason to fear Busch. In fact, during Tuesday's hearing Busch's attorneys called her a "mercenary" out to ruin his career. Busch adamantly denies the attack. 

It's likely the video will be played in court on Wednesday.

Bill Cosby

D.A. Rejects Sexual Assault Case

12/16/2014 2:41 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1216_bill_cosby_judy_huth_tmz

The L.A. County District Attorney has just REJECTED the case involving a woman who claims that when she was 15 Bill Cosby sexually molested her at the Playboy Mansion.

Judy Huth has already filed a civil lawsuit against Cosby, but she also filed a police report ... 40 years after the alleged 1974 incident.

The D.A. squarely said ... the statute of limitations has long run on any possible case.

In rejecting the case the D.A. did not evaluate the merits of her claim, but said in order to take action, under the law at the time she would have had to make her complaint within 1 year. 

The D.A.'s report details the allegations ... Huth says Cosby gave her 3 beers and then took her to the Mansion. She says they were sitting on a bed and he tried to touch her vagina, but she blocked him by saying she was menstruating.

The report goes on ... with Huth alleging Cosby grabbed her hand, pulled his sweatpants open and placed her hand on his erect penis. She says he then masturbated himself with her hand. 

Cosby says Huth is a liar and an extortionist, who unsuccessfully tried to sell her story to the tabloids a decade ago and then demanded $250K from him in return for her silence.

1121_bill_cosby_photos_footer_2

Deion Sanders' Ex

Tossed in Jail

for Violating Custody Agreement

12/16/2014 2:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1216-pilar-deion-sanders-01
Deion Sanders' ex-wife was sentenced to seven days behind bars today for failing to return their kids in a timely manner ... as they agreed to do in their divorce agreement.

Pilar Sanders was found in contempt, and immediately taken into custody. The judge ruled she did not bring their 3 children back to do Deion on time after a visit last July -- and also took them when it wasn't her turn.  

According to local reports, Pilar did not have an attorney with her ... and at one point told the court, “I am not a part of the United States corporation." As we first told you ... Pilar now believes she can only be judged by the Moroccan Empire (which does not exist). 

Deion is also suing her for defamation and the judge ordered Pilar to delete any disparaging social media comments about Deion.

Joan Rivers

Clinic Overhauls Procedures

To Avoid Repeat Tragedies

12/16/2014 12:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1216_joan_rivers_yorkville-endoscopy_tmz
The clinic where Joan Rivers' throat procedure turned deadly ... just filed a plan to make a slew of major changes to avoid getting shut down by the feds.

According to docs obtained by TMZ ... Yorkville Endoscopy is responding to flaws found by the Department of Health and Human services ... by making several upgrades to its procedures.

Among the changes:
- Stricter procedures to credential physicians and observers who are admitted into operating rooms
- The clinic has to perform a full assessment of a patient's weight, allergies, and medical history before administering Propofol 
- Supplemental oxygen should be routinely used and immediately available for patients sedated with Propofol
- Anesthesiologists must check vital signs at least every 5 minutes for patients sedated with Propofol
- Unscheduled drills to resuscitate patients using defibrillators/crash carts will be run 4 times a year

Most of the changes relate directly to problems the agency found at the clinic while investigating Joan's death. The Dept. of HHS has signed off on Yorkville's plan.

Yorkville officials had been given a January deadline to get this done ... or the feds could have closed down the clinic.

0904_remembering_joan_rivers_footer_v4

Bill Cosby Accuser

He Drugged Me & Licked My Toes

At Playboy Mansion in 2008

12/16/2014 8:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1216-chloe-goins-dailymail-02
A new Bill Cosby accuser claims he drugged her during a visit to the Playboy Mansion just six years ago -- which is recent enough that criminal charges could be filed.

Chloe Goins told the Daily Mail she met Cosby when she was 18 years old ... during a 2008 party at the Playboy Mansion. She claims Cosby gave her a drink and then "everything kind of went a little foggy."

She says she woke up naked in a bedroom with Cosby sucking her toes and masturbating. When she asked what was going on ... Cosby allegedly pulled up his pants and ran out of the room.

Goins, a model and stripper, has not filed a police report ... but reportedly plans to meet with LAPD soon. Our law enforcement sources say that meeting has not happened ... nor has LAPD even gotten a phone call from Goins.

If she does go to police, and there is an investigation ... Goins' case would be significant because 2008 would fall within the statute of limitations for sexual assault in California.

We've reached out to Cosby's camp ... so far no word back.

1121_bill_cosby_photos_footer_2

Sony Pictures Sued

You Let Hackers Jack Our Lives

... Ex-Employees Claim

12/16/2014 9:03 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1216-sony-fa-getty-tmz-02Sony Pictures sat back and did nothing to protect its current and past employees from hackers, who now have access to crucial financial records of more than 15,000 people ... according to a new lawsuit.

The class action suit was filed by two ex-employees, on behalf of other Sony workers in their situation ... claiming the company was warned by the hackers, Guardians of Peace, on November 24th -- but then failed to take any action to protect its records.

The ex-workers -- who left Sony years before the hacking -- say G.O.P. now have access to 47,000 social security numbers ... as well as the birth dates, addresses, salary history, and more for Sony employees.

They are suing for at least 5 years of identity theft protection, credit restoration, and bank monitoring -- and they want money for unspecified damages.

Around The Web