UFC's Anthony Pettis 'Shocked, Confused' Over Fire Attack
-
EXCLUSIVE
- 77 shares
UFC star Anthony Pettis says he's "shocked" and "confused" over the fire attack at his home in Milwaukee -- claiming he has "no idea" why anyone would want to harm him.
As we previously reported, someone went to Pettis' home in the middle of the night and set his cars on fire. Cops are on the hunt, but have not made any arrests.
Now, Pettis' rep, Lindsey Deierling of EAG Sports Management, tells TMZ Sports, "Anthony has no idea who could be responsible for this incident or why someone would damage his property in such a way."
"He is shocked and confused as to who would randomly commit such a hateful crime like this to his family."
"He has no ongoing issues with anyone in his community, and he is very well known in Milwaukee for the work and dedication he has put in to helping his city and creating jobs and resources for the local citizens."
"Anthony is disappointed that this person(s) would compromise the safety of his family and destroy his personal property."
"Law enforcement is investigating this as an act of arson and Anthony is hopeful that they will get to the bottom of this so that he and his family can feel safe in their home."
See also
UFC's Anthony Pettis Cars Torched In Fire Attack ... At Fighter's Home
Cops are investigating a scary fire attack at the home of UFC star Anthony Pettis -- after someone set the fighter's cars ablaze in the middle of the night and then sped from the scene.
It all went down around 1 AM on Thursday morning at Pettis' home in Milwaukee.
Investigators believe the suspect used an accelerant to ignite two of the vehicles -- and the flames spread to the 3rd car ... which were all located in Pettis' driveway, according to FOX 6.
Unclear why Pettis was targeted. So far, no arrests have been made and no suspects have been named.
See also
Urijah Faber I Might NOT Retire 'Somebody Might Piss Me Off'
Don't put him out to pasture just yet ... UFC stud Urijah Faber says he's not 100% sure his next fight is his last -- telling TMZ Sports he's consider coming back if someone really pissed him off.
The California Kid is slated to take on Brad Pickett at UFC Fight Night in December -- and had said it would be his last fight ever ... culminating a solid 13 year career.
But when we pressed ... Faber told us he's definitely not slamming the door on the possibility of getting in the Octagon again.
"I'd never put extreme limits on myself. I would never say, 'this is it, this is it.' I mean, somebody might really piss me off and there might be a golden opportunity. You never know."
"But my mentality right now is I'm gonna have this fight. I'm gonna go out with a bang and make it a meaningful and heartfelt one."
If it does end up being his last fight, Faber says he's already set up a pretty sweet 2nd career for himself in Hollywood -- with a bunch of movies and TV projects -- and says he's even working with the guys from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia."
See also
Chael Sonnen Tito Ortiz Is Broke (Tito Denies, Flips Bird)
-
EXCLUSIVE
- 35 shares
Chael Sonnen says Tito Ortiz is so poor, he can't make his Rolls-Royce payments and had the car repossessed last week.
There's just one problem ... Tito just sent us a photo next to the car, giving Chael the bird ... and insisting Chael's full of crap.
Chael made the cash claim on the "TMZ Sports" TV show (airs Thursday night on FS1) -- while talking smack about the guy he's set to face at Bellator 170 in January.
We reached out to Tito to find out if he really lost his beloved Rolls ... to which Tito replied, "Don't hate the player, hate the game. I fight for real money, he fights for my change."
Bottom line ... you gotta watch Chael on the show tonight on FS1 -- he's hilarious and even takes a shot at his "Celebrity Apprentice" competitor, Snooki (hint: he thinks she's dumb).
See also
Cris Cyborg 'Ronda Rousey Has No Balls' (Metaphorically, Of Course)
Ronda Rousey doesn't have the testicular fortitude to take on Cris Cyborg ... so says Cris herself, who makes it clear she's talking about huevos in the metaphorical way.
Cyborg is pissed that Ronda agreed to fight Amanda Nunes at UFC 207 in December instead of her -- and says it's because Rousey simply lacks the "balls."
"Same way you talk to guys, you have to have the balls," Cyborg said.
"She speak a lot of things about me ... and why she don't fight with me? Man, she don't have (the balls)."
"And I know girls, of course, she don't have (balls) ... but when you speak about someone, you have to go, 'No, f*** that. I'm gonna fight her."
See also
UFC's Josh Samman Died from 'Probable Drug Overdose' ... Medical Examiner Says
UFC fighter Josh Samman's official cause of death has been listed as "probable drug overdose" ... this according to the Broward County Medical Examiner.
Tito Ortiz Ronda Rousey's Afraid of Cyborg ... She'd Destroy You!
Tito Ortiz says Ronda Rousey is SCARED ... claiming she's too afraid to fight Cris "Cyborg" Justino because she knows what would happen.
The UFC Hall of Famer was at the ArcLight theater in Hollywood when he went in on Ronda ... essentially saying what Cyborg's been saying for months -- that Ronda's afraid.
In fact, Tito doesn't think Ronda will get past Amanda Nunes either ... saying there's a 300% chance Rousey takes the L.
See also
UFC's Anderson Silva 'I Need to Say Sorry' ... After Blasting UFC
-
EXCLUSIVE
- 25 shares
Seems like Anderson Silva is backing down big time in his war of words with the UFC -- issuing an apology after Dana White called him out.
It all started last week when Silva said he was mistreated and disrespected by the UFC-- especially after taking a short-notice fight with Daniel Cormier at UFC 200 back in July.
White went on "Speak for Yourself" on FS1 and told Jason Whitlock he took major issue with Silva's comments saying Silva is a guy who has been "far from mistreated."
Fast forward to Saturday night when TMZ Sports saw Silva and asked about the situation -- to which he said, "You know, definitely I need to say sorry for everything that happened."
He continued, "Because you know, Dana White is Dana White."
Sounds like an apology to us ...
See also
Conor McGregor 'Very Excited' Rousey's Back 'I Hope I Inspired Her'
Conor McGregor's PUMPED for Ronda Rousey's long-awaited UFC return ... and hopes he inspired the MMA star to get back in the Octagon after her devastating loss to Holly Holm.
McGregor did a Q&A with The LAD Bible on Facebook ... where he talked Ronda's upcoming fight against Amanda Nunes at UFC 207.
"I'm very excited. It's good to finally see her back ... I hope she took inspiration on how I came back from my defeat and I wish her all the best."
(McGregor lost to Nate Diaz ... before avenging the loss at UFC 202)
Check out the clip ... McGregor also weighs in on the creepy clown epidemic (clowns, don't go near Conor) and the possibility of fighting Floyd Mayweather.
See also
Lyoto Machida's Coach MMA Can Save Greg Hardy's Life ... I'd Love To Train Him
-
EXCLUSIVE
- 37 shares
Former NFL star Greg Hardy is finally getting support from someone in the MMA community ... and it comes from one of the best trainers in the business ... Kenny Johnson.
Kenny's trained stars like B.J. Penn, Jose Aldo and Anderson Silva. So when TMZ Sports ran into him at Black House MMA Gym ... we asked if he'd be interested in bringing Hardy on board.
"I would not judge the past of a man if he's trying to better his present."
KJ went on to say, "With him wanting to make the transition over to MMA ... hey man, Black House, we're open. Call me ... we'll train."
This comes just days after Jay Glazer and Luke Rockhold bashed the troubled former Pro Bowler ... saying there's no room for Hardy in the sport.
Johnson clearly disagrees.
"A lot of people are being real harsh on the guy. They're choosing to focus on the past of a man, rather than the future."
Check out the clip.
See also
UFC's Luke Rockhold Greg Hardy's So 'Far Lost' He Doesn't Deserve To Fight
UFC superstar Luke Rockhold is BLASTING Greg Hardy and anyone considering training the ex-NFL star ... saying, "it's crazy to think that someone would actually train this guy."
Rockhold joined the "TMZ Sports" TV show ... when he was asked about Hardy's plan to hang up his cleats and fight mixed martial arts.
Luke absolutely goes in on Hardy ... calling the domestic violence accusations against him "beyond anything of what a normal human is capable of."
FYI -- Hardy was convicted of domestic violence in '14 ... before the guilty verdict was dismissed after the accuser stopped cooperating with authorities.
Check out the clip ... it's clear Rockhold vehemently feels Hardy has no place in MMA.
Be sure to watch the full interview (Luke also weighs in on Ronda Rousey's comeback) Friday at 8:30 PM PT on FS1!
See also
UFC's Amanda Nunes 200% Chance I Beat Ronda Rousey ... I've Been Waiting for This
UFC champ Amanda Nunes is GUARANTEEING VICTORY over Ronda Rousey -- telling TMZ Sports there's a "200% chance" she wins the fight.
We just spoke with the reigning bantamweight queen who says she's extremely grateful to Ronda for taking the fight -- but wants her to know ... she's about to get destroyed.
"This is the moment I've been waiting for," Nunes said.
"I've been training for Ronda Rousey since my first fight in UFC."
Nunes says she knows every single thing that Rousey will throw at her when they face off at UFC 207 on Dec. 30th ... and when it comes to judo, Amanda says she's the superior talent.
Check out the clip -- Nunes is clearly fired up and ready to go.
See also
Dana White McGregor Fine Is Insane
UFC's Sage Northcutt Mickey Gall Wants to Break My Bones??? ... 'That's Funny'
UFC rising star Sage Northcutt doesn't seem fazed by Mickey Gall's violent smack talk -- laughing off his bone-breaking threats as pure comedy ... while training with UFC champ Tyron Woodley.
As we previously reported, Gall threatened to "hurt [Sage] bad" when they face off at UFC on FOX 22 in December .. adding, "I'm gonna break his bones."
Since Tyron and Sage are friends, we hit up the champ to find out how Northcutt's preparing for the fight -- when Super Sage made a surprise appearance and reacted to Gall's comments personally.
Check out the clip ... it's clear Tyron thinks Mickey may have bitten off a little more than he can chew.
See also
UFC's Stipe Miocic Rooting for Greg Hardy ... But I'd Whoop That Ass
UFC heavyweight champ Stipe Miocic has a warning for Greg Hardy -- MMA is tougher than you think ... "it's not just something you pick up off the street."
With the ex-NFL star announcing he's pursuing a career as a heavyweight MMA fighter, we went right to the top guy to get his take.
Long story short ... Miocic says he'd beat Hardy down if they ever faced off in the Octagon -- but says he's not counting Hardy out as a fighter.
"Stranger things have happened," Stipe said when asked if he thinks Hardy could be a contender.
"I wish nothing but the best for him. I hope he trains hard and gets better. And uh ... we'll see."
See also
Conor McGregor Fined $150k ... For UFC 202 Presser Melee
Conor McGregor was just hit with a $150k FINE and 50 hours of community service for firing water bottles at Nate Diaz during the UFC 202 press conference.
UFC honcho Dana White joined "TMZ Sports" the day after all hell broke loose at the presser and said "they're both getting punished."
Today was the day ... 'cause the Nevada State Athletic Commission met this morning in Las Vegas to determine what punishment McGregor would face.
The outcome? Conor has to pay a $150,000 fine (5% of his UFC 202 purse) ... and do 50 hours of community service. He also agreed to participate in an anti-bullying PSA.
Nate Diaz -- who also faces punishment -- had his hearing postponed.
Stay tuned ...