TMZ

Our TV Shows

Got a Tip?

Call TMZ at (888) 847-9869 or Click Here

Terrell Suggs on Deflategate:

Patriots Got Off Way Easy

5/28/2015 6:57 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

We already know he doesn't like Tom Brady ... and Tom Brady's hair -- but now it seems NFL superstar Terrell Suggs doesn't like TB's Deflategate punishment either. 

The Baltimore Ravens stud was leaving Mastro's Steakhouse in Bev Hills last night when we asked if the Pats got what they deserved -- $1 million fine, loss of draft picks and the 4-game suspension for Brady. 

Sugg's response -- "I don't know. That's not my job. I'm glad I don't got it ... but the last coach that got caught cheating got suspended for a whole year. So ..."

Seems he's strongly suggesting Brady and the gang got off SUPER EASY compared to New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton who was banned from the league for the entire 2013 season for allegedly covering up Bountygate, where players targeted opponents for cash bonuses. 

Patriots owner Robert Kraft says he will NOT appeal the team's punishment ... maybe he sees Terrell's point -- it could've been worse. 

Ray Rice

Domestic Violence Wiped From His Record

5/21/2015 7:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0521-ray-rice-getty-01

Ray Rice is officially no longer a domestic violence offender -- the charges from the elevator beating of his then-fiancee have been dismissed and expunged.

The former Baltimore Ravens star completed a pretrial intervention program, and the Atlantic County D.A. sent a dismissal order to the court. Judge Michael A. Donio signed the order early Thursday morning.

As we previously reported, Rice struck a deal with prosecutors -- he was initially indicted on a charge of felony aggravated assault, but the D.A. lowered that to simple assault, a misdemeanor. The deal was controversial ... especially after TMZ Sports first posted the video of Rice inside a casino elevator, brutally knocking Janay Palmer unconscious.

According to docs, Rice was in the supervised intervention program for 12 months. He also had to pay a $125 fine.

So, Rice has now put the criminal case behind him -- and late last year NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell reinstated him, but Rice has not been picked up by a team yet.

Ex-Ravens RB

Arrested In Florida

In Alleged Check Bouncing Scam

5/6/2015 9:11 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0506-damien-berry-mug-shot-01

Former Baltimore Ravens running back Damien Berry -- who started for the Miami Hurricanes in 2010 -- was arrested this morning in Florida ... after allegedly bouncing more than $100k in bad checks. 

TMZ Sports has confirmed ... the 25-year-old, who was part of the Ravens 2013 Super Bowl championship team, is currently locked up in Lee County jail on a warrant from Maryland. 

We're told Berry is facing 1 count of bouncing a check over $100k and 1 count of unauthorized removal of property. 

In other words, it seems like officials believe he bought something with bad checks ... and illegally took possession of the goods. 

Berry recently came under fire in Baltimore ... after it was reported he sold his Super Bowl ring to an auction house ... reports that Berry initially denied. 

Lawrence Taylor

Ray Rice Deserves 2nd Chance

4/29/2015 6:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Lawrence Taylor believes Ray Rice can still play in the NFL -- and believes SOMEONE should give the guy a second chance in the league this season.  

It's an interesting stance for Taylor, who knows firsthand about getting a 2nd chance in the NFL.

After all, he was suspended by the league for 30 days in 1988 after testing positive for cocaine ... but came back to make 3 more Pro Bowls and a 2nd Super Bowl title.  

There's more ... Taylor also believes the #1 pick in the upcoming draft should be Jameis Winston ... another guy with a rocky past.  

Question is ... will NFL owners be as willing to forgive as LT? 

Ray Lewis

STOP RIOTING IN BALTIMORE

'Violence Is Not the Answer'

4/28/2015 7:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0428-ray-lewis-getty-01Ray Lewis is begging the people of Baltimore to STOP THE RIOTING ... explaining, "Violence is not the answer."

The former Baltimore Ravens linebacker -- and one of the most famous people in the city -- just went to social media to beg the rioters to end the chaos.  

"Violence is not the answer. We must have peace in our city," Lewis said.

"We are a city that's built on believing in each other."

Former Ravens wide receiver Torrey Smith also spoke out on the issue -- saying, "Violent protests have never produced the results that we have wanted. Even the great Martin Luther King adjusted his strategy."

He added, "I don't know all of the facts or have the answers but I do know that a family is mourning the death of their child/brother/cousin that could have been prevented. I pray for the family of Freddie Gray during this difficult time and that they get all of the answers they need."

Ray Rice

Selling Baltimore Mansion

3/27/2015 9:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0327-ray-rice-tmz-02Ray Rice is moving on from Baltimore -- selling the mansion he built in 2012 ... the same year he signed a $35 million contract with the Ravens ... this according to the Baltimore Sun

The 4,736 sq. ft. home was listed at $899,000 -- and the Sun says Ray has already found a buyer. The sale is reportedly set to close in April.  

The house is pretty sweet -- 5 beds, 4.5 baths on 1.08 acres.

0327-SUB-ray-rice-house-realtor-01So, where's Ray headed next? The disgraced running back says he and his wife Janay are moving back to his hometown of New Rochelle, NY. 

Rice is still looking to sign with another NFL team ... so it's possible they could move again ... if anyone is willing to take a chance on the guy. 

Ravens' RB Bernard Pierce

Told Cops During DUI

'I'm Gonna Get Cut Tomorrow'

3/18/2015 10:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0318-bernard-pierce-getty-01

update_graphic_red_bar11:47 AM PT -- Call him Nostradamus ... 'cause just as Pierce predicted, he was CUT by the Ravens first thing this morning. update-grey-gray-bar

Baltimore Ravens running back Bernard Pierce told cops that he KNEW he was gonna get cut from the team during his DUI arrest ... saying, "Do you know what happened the last time a Ravens player got a DUI?"

TMZ Sports obtained the police report detailing the DUI arrest ... in which the Baltimore County Police Dept. says Pierce admitted to taking "3 shots of Jack" before he was popped. 

As we previously reported, Pierce was initially pulled over around 2AM for speeding -- and then bombed his field sobriety test

In the report, the officer asked Pierce how much he weighs -- and Pierce slurred, "530." The officer pressed him on it and he repeated it twice before correcting himself and saying, "230 pounds."

While he was being taken to a nearby police station, Pierce reportedly uttered, "Do you know what happened the last time a Ravens player got a DUI? I'm getting cut tomorrow, not like you care." 

Pierce was clearly referring to Victor Hampton who was arrested for drunk driving in February -- and was later cut by the team. 

Baltimore Ravens RB

Bernard Pierce

Arrested for DUI

3/18/2015 6:49 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0318-bernard-pierce-mug-shot

Baltimore Ravens running back Bernard Pierce -- who started for the team after Ray Rice got fired last season -- was arrested for DUI in Maryland early Wednesday morning. 

Baltimore County police say Pierce was initially stopped for speeding around 2AM -- and during the stop, the officer suspected the 24-year-old was hammered. 

Pierce was asked to step out of his ride -- and then bombed some field sobriety tests. He was eventually arrested for DUI and hauled to a nearby station where he was processed and later released. 

A rep for the Ravens says, "We are aware of the situation and learning more about it. We take these matters seriously."

It's not the first time Pierce has had issues with booze -- TMZ Sports broke the story, Bernard and a couple of his teammates were booted from a Maryland bar during a party last year because "they couldn't maintain their composure."

Ray Rice

Park Football Superstar

[Video]

3/7/2015 12:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ray Rice found a way to keep himself in football shape after he was cut by the Ravens and suspended from the NFL back in September ... he hit up a park league game ... and crushed it. 

Rice hit up a touch league game in Baltimore roughly one month after TMZ Sports published the inside-the-elevator video ... and asked the guys if he could join in one of the games. 

Sources tell us ... the guys welcomed Rice onto the squad (coincidentally named the Ravens) and he played a little wide receiver and cornerback. 

One source tells us, "He caught the game winning interception (you can see in the video) and everyone went nuts!"

We're told everyone tried to up their game to impress Rice ... but ultimately, "he was on a whole different level."

One player tells us by the end of the game, he won over just about everyone -- and says, "We would love to have him back if he ever wants to play with us again."

0306-ray-rice-blurred-instagram-01

Ray Rice

'I Understand Why People Commit Suicide'

2/28/2015 3:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0212-ray-rice-02

Ray Rice says he felt so terrible after the public backlash following last year's elevator attack  ... that "I almost felt like at one point that it wasn't worth living."

Rice sat down with the Baltimore Sun ... and says he was emotionally devastated after the video went public.

"The big picture of it all, being the person that I am, I really felt horrible. You almost want to punish yourself. I know I'm never going to win the battle of public opinion. Honestly, I almost felt like at one point that it wasn't worth living. I see why people commit suicide."

Rice continued, "It hurt that bad. I was low, real low. It hurt that bad because you worked your whole life to do all the right things and then you're the world's most hated person. It was really tough. My daughter, oh Lord, I grew up without a father, there's no way I could check out on my own family."

"Time does heal everything, but I don't think people are going to forget this. I want people to not forget about the incident, but I want people to see there's a human being on the other side. This is not a monster, a guy who's a repeat offender. I'm not the guy they stereotype me to be. I'm not excusing what I did."

Terrell Suggs

Sues Dead Agent

You Left Me Out In the Cold

2/15/2015 12:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0211-terrell-suggs-gary-wichard-getty-01

NFL stud Terrell Suggs is suing his former agent ... who died in 2011 ... claiming he shouldn't have to keep paying commission from his $62 million contract -- because he's been useless ever since he passed away.  

According to docs filed in federal court in Virginia and obtained by TMZ Sports, Suggs sued the estate of former super agent Gary Wichard ... the guy who negotiated Terrell's mega-contract with the Baltimore Ravens in 2009.   

Suggs says he was obligated to pay Wichard 3% of his salary for the entirety of his deal -- but in exchange, Wichard's agency would actively manage his career and take care of everything from seeking endorsement deals to booking doctor appointments. 

But when Wichard passed in 2011, Suggs says the agency kicked T-Sizzle to an "inexperienced and unqualified agent." 

Suggs says the new agent completely dropped the ball -- and when he had his best season in 2011, the agent failed to score him any major endorsement deals that usually result from "such outstanding on-field play."

There's more ... when Suggs tore his achilles in 2012, Terrell says he leaned on his agent to "take the lead on contacting doctors, setting up appointments, coordinating rehabilitation, and all other related matters" ... but got no help.  

Despite the allegations, Wichard's estate has demanded $192k from Suggs, which he refused to pay. The dispute went to an arbitrator -- who ultimately ruled against Suggs.

Now, Suggs is taking the matter to court -- hoping a federal judge will throw out the arbitrator's decision and wipe his balance to zero.  

We reached out to Wichard's estate for comment -- so far, no word back. 

Ray Rice

Apologizes to Baltimore

For 'Horrible Mistake I Made'

2/13/2015 5:56 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0212-ray-rice-tmz-01

With the one year anniversary of his infamous elevator incident coming up, Ray Rice has issued an apology to the city of Baltimore ... saying, "I apologize for the horrible mistake I made."

In an open letter which begins "Dear Baltimore," Rice says ... "This is not a farewell or goodbye. The last seven years that my family and I have spent in Baltimore have by far been the best of our lives."

He goes on ... "To all the kids who looked up to me, I’m truly sorry for letting you down, but I hope it’s helped you learn that one bad decision can turn your dream into a nightmare."

"There is no excuse for domestic violence, and I apologize for the horrible mistake I made. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me, and I hope to make a positive difference in people’s lives by raising awareness of this issue."

"Thank you, Baltimore Ravens, for all you have done for my family and I. I’m very grateful to Steve Bisciotti, Ozzie Newsome, John Harbaugh, and everyone at 1 Winning Drive. I love you all very much, and I’ll always be proud to say I played for the Baltimore Ravens."

It's interesting Rice thanks Bisciotti -- since the Baltimore Ravens owner essentially backstabbed him ... by accusing Ray of lying after he told Ray he had his back. 

As it turns out, it seems Ray never lied -- and the organization essentially hung him out to dry. 

Ray Rice

GETS $1 MILLION CONTRACT OFFER

... For Football Gig

2/13/2015 12:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0212_ray_rice_pro_league_tmzRay Rice has just received a $1 MILLION contract offer from a fantasy football website hoping to sign him as a spokesperson ... but there's a catch -- if you hit your wife, we get our money back. 

TMZ Sports has learned ... Rice has been contacted by ProDraftLeague.com to be an official PRO Draft League Fantasy Insider.

CEO Mark Tadros tells TMZ, "Mr. Rice has shown deep remorse for his act of domestic violence and I feel he deserves a second chance."

We're told the job is a 1-year gig which pays a $500k base salary and includes another $500k in bonuses based on membership milestones. 

Rice's job obligations would include: 

-- 2 TV commercials
-- 2 viral videos
-- 1 photo shoot
-- 30 media interviews
-- weekly column with personal analysis on which NFL players to play
-- field reporter work, interviewing various NFL players for the site

Now for the catch -- "It's been one year since Mr. Rice physically assaulted his wife and we are very confident that he will not do it again," Tadros says.

"But in the event that he does while being employed by Pro Draft League, his contract will be immediately terminated and the entire $500k must be returned PLUS an additional $500k in damages that our brand will incur for being associated with Mr. Rice."

So far, no word if Rice plans on accepting the offer. 

Around The Web