Luke Walton and Lamar Odom Ready to Team Up Again ... Maybe
Luke Walton really wants the world to sweat over the possible introduction of Coach Lamar Odom to the LA Lakers ... 'cause now they're grabbing dinner together.
We got the former Lakers teammates leaving The Lobster in L.A. Saturday night, with Lamar heading out first and Luke following soon after.
There's one obvious question on everyone's mind ... and Luke seems to drop a hint with just one gesture. Hey, he's not saying no.
See also
Obamacare Senate Vote to Repeal Fueled by More than 100 Pizzas
While U.S. Senators held a marathon voting session to take down Obamacare, they were more than happy to spend freely on pizza, after pizza after pizza ... and tons of wings too.
Sources inside the historic vote tell TMZ ... the Senate ordered out to We, The Pizza around 20 times throughout the night. We're told the average order was 7 pies covering the gamut -- supreme, pepperoni, sausage, veggie and just plain old cheese. They also inhaled at least 200 wings.
The delivery guys made out with much higher tips than usual. One driver even walked away with a hundo for a single delivery. We're told the Senate dropped about $5,000 for the evening's grub.
At least they were eating healthy while dismantling the Affordable Care Act. The vote moves to the House next -- so, maybe Chick-fil-A to go?
See also
Bill and Hillary Gone Fishing in the Big Apple
Bill and Hillary Clinton are clearly not satisfied with Donald Trump, but it's a good bet they were more than satisfied with the best fish in NYC.
The former Prez and the former Prez candidate dined at Milos in Midtown, with good pals Ted Danson and Mary Steenburgen.
They weren't much in the mood for chitchat as they left, but Ted spilled the beans on who paid. Hint ... it's someone with a steady job.
See also
Bo Bice 'White Boy' Incident Blown Out of Proportion ... Says Popeyes Employee
The Popeyes employee who called "American Idol" runner-up Bo Bice a "white boy" ... thinks he could have handled the situation better, instead of getting her suspended.
Brooke Harpe told TMZ ... she'd love to apologize to Bice, and wishes he'd given her the chance to do so in the first place. Harpe's been benched for about a week now, and says Bo made a mountain out of a molehill. She thinks there was a much simpler, tastier way to resolve the matter.
She says Popeyes just gave her the okay to return to work starting Monday.
Bice broke down while talking about the incident last week, saying it would be considered racist if roles were reversed.
See also
Nestle Sued There's a Wrinkle in Your Raisinets Boxes
As if the price of movie tickets isn't bad enough ... Nestle is out screwing patrons out of Raisinets ... at least according to a new lawsuit.
Sandy Hafer, an L.A. moviegoer, claims the boxes are only 60% full, and people don't know they're paying for a bunch of air. According to the suit, Nestle misleads movie theater customers into thinking they're getting a full box when 40% is nothing but "slack-fill" -- translated, the difference between the actual capacity of the box and the amount of candy inside.
Hafer cites FDA guidelines which call slack-fills "misleading." She claims she would never have plunked down her hard-earned cash had she known she wasn't getting a proper bang for her buck.
Hafer's class action seeks compensation for every California moviegoer who got screwed out of a full-blown sugar rush off the tasty chocolate treat.
See also
Del Taco Sued Your Food Put Me in a Real Coma
Del Taco's claim its food is "Un-Freshing Believable" is un-freaking believable to an Orange County man who says 2 tacos and a quesadilla put him in a coma.
The 57-year-old customer is suing over a meal he says left him vomiting and in serious pain. According to the lawsuit he was rushed to the ER the next day due to excessive puking and placed in ICU, where he "slipped into a coma" for 3 days.
In the suit, he offers no specifics about how or why he fell comatose -- but he told us his esophagus was bleeding from the vomiting. He says doctors said it would take a miracle for him to pull out of the coma, and when he did it took 6 weeks to recover.
According to the suit, he racked up more than $160k in medical bills. He's suing for at least $500k in damages.
Del Taco points out this guy filed the same suit before to no avail. He tells us he voluntarily dismissed it so he could better prepare for trial.
Regardless, Del Taco says it will vigorously fight the allegations.
See also
Hershey's Sued There's Nothing Jolly About Empty Candy Bags!
Those delicious Jolly Rancher Hard Candies you love are being hawked in a bag full o' lies ... according to one sour customer who says his sweet purchase was mostly air.
It's gotta be bad when you sue over freakin' candy, but yeah ... a California man says he bought a 3.8 oz. box of Jolly Ranchers and was shocked to discover it was less than 50% full. He says although he didn't expect it to be "crammed full," the excess of empty space was unacceptable, and he's blaming it on the packaging.
According to the docs ... the box is designed to hide the severe lack of colorful candy on the inside, which is misleading and downright wrong.
He's not in it for the money -- he just wants his $3 back. Well, he's also putting Hershey's -- the maker of Jolly Ranchers -- on the clock. In the suit, he wants the judge to give the co. 12-18 months to sell off its deceptive packaging and roll out the good stuff.
$3 and a dream.
See also
Mobb Deep's Prodigy Prison Cookbook Banned! Booze Recipe for Disaster
Prodigy's jailhouse cookbook is bombing with California prison officials who seem to think it's a bad idea to teach inmates how to make hooch.
The Mobb Deep rapper's "Commissary Kitchen: My Infamous Prison Cookbook" was recently banned by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation. Officials fired off a letter to Prodigy, explaining prison wine doesn't fly.
As they said in the letter, obtained by TMZ ... "inmate manufactured alcohol" is a major no-no.
Prodigy might have suspected this could be an issue. We had him on "TMZ Live" and he told us about some of his favorite recipes. He never mentioned the booze.
The only problem with this ban? Plenty of Cali inmates are already boned up on home brews ... or so we hear.
OCTOBER 2016
See also
Eva Longoria's Restaurant Sued Beso My Ass ... Your Guy Beat the Crap out of Me!!!!
Eva Longoria just got roped into an awful mess -- her famous Hollywood restaurant got sued by a man claiming someone who worked there beat him to a pulp.
Michael Paul Flores says he was invited back in June to Beso for the "Lowriders" premiere after-party. Everything was hunky-dory until late in the evening, when Michael claims someone struck him in the mouth, face and head multiple times before the assailant fled the joint.
According to docs ... Michael says Beso's security staff fessed up ... the assailant worked for them, and they hinted that they knew of his penchant for violence.
What's more ... Michael says Beso should have known the after-party would be a bullseye for violence since the movie "dealt with the lowrider subculture of East Los Angeles." He claims producers of the movie -- starring Eva -- hired actors for the movie from car clubs that had rival gang ties.
Eva was not named in the lawsuit.
A rep for Beso tells us "The incident in question did not include any affiliate, staff member or worker from the restaurant. No representatives from Beso were involved directly in the incident in question."
See also
Ben & Jerry's Sued Your Ice Cream Gave Me Mouth Sorzz Sorzz Sorzz!!
Ben & Jerry's ice cream left a not-so-sweet aftertaste in one NYC customer's mouth -- in fact, she says it gave her some nasty lesions ... which is why she's suing.
The woman says she bought a carton of B&J's Coffee, Coffee BuzzBuzzBuzz! and ended up in the hospital afterward ... due to "oral discomfort." She says she complained to the company, and according to docs, B&J's refunded her $5.50.
In the suit she says she continued to have mouth pain for several months and visited several doctors, oral surgeons and allergists attempting to get relief ... but never did. Finally, In December 2015, she says she had surgery to remove "large white tissue" from her mouth.
The woman, who's repped by attorney Sachin Gadh, believes the BuzzBuzzBuzz! was a bad bad bad hazard that caused her sores. She wants at least $500k in damages.
We contacted Ben & Jerry's, but no word back.
See also
Metallica Now Serving 'Sandman' ... In Grocery Store Deli!!
Metallica made a deli dude's day when they rolled by his counter blaring their classic, "Enter Sandman" ... and he didn't hesitate to take lead vocals.
All of the metal legends -- James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hammett and Robert Trujillo -- were in a Hollywood Gelson's supermarket Thursday with Billy Eichner from "Billy on the Street" ... and we were lucky enough to happen upon the live action. Heads were banging for sure, mostly behind the deli counter.
Think Carpool Karoake -- with a 1/2 pound of shaved turkey. To go.
See also
Conor McGregor Screw Floyd, I'll Box Anyone ... Now Let's Talk Chicken!
Hard to tell what Conor McGregor's more fired up about right now -- getting his hands on Floyd Mayweather ... or on a juicy fried chicken breast.
Lean Cuisine Sued Over Pizza Preservatives We Know How the Sausage is Made
6:25 AM PT -- A rep for Nestle USA tells TMZ, "The allegations are baseless and we will vigorously defend ourselves. All Nestle products and labels comply with FDA and USDA regulations."
Lean Cuisine has always touted itself as the healthy alternative ... which is why some incredulous consumers have sued the diet giant, claiming its food fare is filled with preservatives.
Courtney Ross filed a class action suit against Nestle, which manufactures Lean Cuisine frozen dinners, claiming she went to a CVS in NYC and bought the Four Cheese Pizza, paying what she claims is a premium for a preservative-free meal.
Ross says to her chagrin, she checked the label and saw the pie contained citric acid, designed to preserve flavor and freshness. She says other companies fess up when they use citric acid, acknowledging it's a preservative. She mentions Hungry Man, Jimmy Dean and DiGiorno.
And Ross then unleashes a litany of Lean Cuisine meals which contains citric acid, including Asian-Style Pot Stickers, Shrimp Alfredo, Mushroom Mezzaluna Ravioli and Ranchero Braised Beef.
The suit isn't just about money. Ross wants a "corrective advertising campaign."
See also
Donald Trump Spread 'Em! To Eat with the First Family
Donald Trump's backing up traffic -- not on the streets of NY -- but outside one of his favorite NYC restaurants.
The President-elect -- along with Melania, Ivanka, Eric, Donald Jr., and son-in-law, Jared -- paid 21 Club a visit Monday night, but now when he goes it requires an intense security search ... of every other patron.
We got video as a bunch of hungry customers waiting in line to get wanded and patted down by Secret Service. Last month Trump slipped away from the press pool and hit up the fancy midtown Manhattan spot ... pissing off reporters.
Customers could've been the ticked ones this time -- although everyone seemed cool.
See also
Jerry Ferrara My Ex-Pals at Fat Sal's Are Big Fat Jerks!!
Jerry Ferrara's pissed at his former friends and sandwich biz partners for suing him, and he's fired back with a million-dollar countersuit for screwing him over ... according to the docs.
The "Entourage" star says he co-founded Fat Sal's with 2 of his friends and was the "driving force" behind its success. Ferrara claims he not only provided $74,500 for start-up money, but also used his celeb status to heavily promote the sandwich shop, and boost revenue.
Turtle says his old buds started squeezing him out when they opened several more locations. In the docs, he says they went to great lengths to hide profits from him. Jerry says they even deleted the "Our Story" section from their website where he was credited as co-founder.
Fat Sal's sued to officially 86 Jerry in August, but in his suit Jerry's demanding his equity share and at least a million dollars in damages before he goes anywhere.
Salvatore Capek -- thee Sal -- tells us he's disappointed Jerry is "abusing the legal system by fabricating allegations," and he's looking forward to exposing his lies during trial.
See also
Sammy Hagar Old Cabo Wabo Co. Sues One Shot to Stop Using Our Name!!
Sammy Hagar's gotta be pissed -- a Cabo Wabo restaurant that doesn't serve tequila sounds like a ripoff, and that's exactly what it is ... according to a lawsuit filed by Sammy's old brand.
Campari America -- which bought the rocker's chain of nightclubs, restaurants and tequila -- says 2 San Diego-based restaurants ripped off its trademark name to confuse customers looking for the real deal.
According to docs, both Cabo Wabo Grill and Cabo Wabo Grill 2 -- opened in 2010 and 2013 -- knowingly used the name's established popularity to attract patrons. What's worse, Campari says the joints don't have proper licences to serve liquor ... so they can't even sell Cabo Wabo tequila shots!
Campari is demanding the grill owners change the names and fork over some dough for damages. We reached out to the restaurant owners ... but no word back.
Sammy's not involved in the suit.