TMZ

TMZ SPORTS

  • FS1
    M-T-Th-F:
    9:00 PM PST

    W:
    9:30 PM PST

Bill Cosby Lock Him Up Monday After Sentencing ... Prosecutors Say

9/22/2018 1:00 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Bill Cosby better enjoy what little freedom he's got left, 'cause prosecutors in his sexual assault case want him locked behind bars Monday morning.

Authorities connected to the case tell TMZ ... prosecutors will push for the disgraced comedian/felon to be immediately hauled off to prison once the judge sentences him Monday AM.

Remember, prosecutors wanted Cosby behind bars after the guilty verdict back in April. The judge saw it differently and released him on $1 million bail, ordering him to remain at his home until sentencing.

Cosby's legal team will ask the judge to let the 81-year-old remain free on bail while they appeal the conviction, which could take years.

As we reported ... Cosby faces a maximum of 30 years in prison for aggravated indecent assault on Andrea Constand.

Cosby's life is now in the judge's hands ... literally. 

Katt Williams Refusing to Cooperate in Gun Investigation

9/22/2018 12:40 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Katt Williams has gone radio silent with cops over his confrontation with an armed man ... so the chances any charges will be filed are slim to none ... TMZ has learned.

Cops tell us the investigation's still open, and police have reviewed surveillance footage as well as the video we obtained showing radio DJ Wanda Smith's husband, LaMorris Sellers, coming at him with a gun in hand outside the Atlanta Comedy Theater.

We're told investigators have reached out to Williams for more info, but he's not getting back to them. They even went to his house to talk ... but no luck.

On top of that ... we're told footage of the incident outside the club and neighboring grocery store doesn't show Sellers pointing a gun at Williams -- like Katt originally claimed.

Short story ... even if the comedian came forward to press charges ... we're told there's probably not enough evidence to move forward and charge Sellers. But, it's pretty evident Katt's not cooperating ... so the case won't go anywhere.

As we reported ... Sellers admitted he had a gun on him but denied ever pulling it on Katt, instead claiming it fell out of his waistband while he was chasing him.

Both Wanda and her hubby say Williams is the one who instigated the confrontation in the first place.

'Melrose Place' Star Jamie Luner No Charges In Sexual Assault Case

9/22/2018 12:30 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

"Melrose Place" star Jamie Luner will not face charges for the alleged sexual assault she was accused of committing on a then-16-year-old boy ... TMZ has learned.

The L.A. County District Attorney's Office declined to file charges against Luner after Anthony Oliver filed a police report earlier this year claiming she sexually assaulted him at a house party nearly 20 years ago.

Prosecutors cited a few reasons for refusing to move forward with the case, including ... Oliver's late reporting (more than 19 years), Oliver's credibility problems, lack of corroborating evidence and the bare facts as presented. 

The credibility issue has to do with the story TMZ broke ... that Oliver had already been flagged by the court system for filing a crap ton of lawsuits, at least 22 over the past several years. He insists the suits were actually filed by his brother, and not himself. 

As we first reported, Oliver's $250 million lawsuit against Jamie was dismissed last month. In other words ... clean sweep for Jamie. 

Asia Argento Watch Your Mouth, Jimmy ... Or Else

9/21/2018 2:08 PM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Asia Argento's attorney fired off a stern warning to Jimmy Bennett -- be very careful with what you say about me ... or you're gonna regret it.

Asia's attorney, Mark Heller, fired off a letter to Jimmy's lawyer Thursday -- obtained by TMZ -- regarding the reported upcoming interview he's got scheduled on an Italian television station to address their sexual encounter on May 9, 2013.

According to the letter ... Bennett's words will be carefully monitored for any "slanderous, defamatory or untruthful statements" concerning Argento, and if they believe there are any -- they'll be taking legal action.

Jimmy's interview is scheduled for sometime this weekend. As you know, Asia is originally from Italy and has a home there.

As we've reported ... both Argento and Bennett have made sexual assault allegations against each other. The two had sex in a Marina del Rey, CA hotel room when he was just 17. She says he was a horny kid who pounced on her and took away her free will. He says this was planned seduction with a minor.

The photo of Argento and Bennett in bed after they had sex, along with the text messages, seem to support Bennett's version.

Argento trashed Bennett, calling him a failed actor and drug abuser. 

TMZ broke the story ... Bennett has decided to pursue the matter with the L.A. County Sheriff's Dept., which has not opened a criminal investigation. 

'AGT' Finalist Arrested for Domestic Violence ... Video in Cuffs

9/21/2018 2:38 PM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

2:35 PM PT -- We've obtained video of Ketterer in custody outside of the hotel he was arrested at talking with an officer. 

Michael Ketterer -- who finished in 5th place on this season's "America's Got Talent" -- has been arrested for felony domestic violence.

Ketterer was taken into custody Thursday afternoon by the LAPD in Hollywood. Law enforcement sources tell us ... he got into a fight with his wife, and when cops showed up they noticed she had a visible red mark.

We're told he was cuffed and booked for a felony because of the injury. Ketterer was released after posting $50k bail.

Michael tells us ... the arrest was a big "misunderstanding." He admits he and his wife got into an argument in their hotel room and cops were called, but she told them she didn't want to press charges. Ketterer says they arrested him anyway, telling him the law's the law.

Law enforcement sources tell us, the case will be downgraded to a misdemeanor because the injury was so minor. We're told the case will be referred to the L.A. City Attorney. 

The 5th place finisher on season 13 of 'AGT' made headlines when Simon Cowell hit the Golden Buzzer during his audition, which advanced him right to the live shows. He later moved Cowell to tears during his quarterfinals performance ... after revealing his wife and daughter almost died during childbirth.

Originally published -- 1:11 PM PT

Ex-Oregon WR Jalen Hall Charged with Armed Robbery ... Faces Life in Prison

9/21/2018 9:43 AM PDT
Breaking News

Ex-Oregon Ducks wide receiver Jalen Hall -- one of the top 2018 WR recruits in the country -- was hit with criminal charges after allegedly robbing people at gunpoint earlier this month, TMZ Sports has learned. 

The 19-year-old -- who was a star at Long Beach Poly high school -- was a 4-star recruit and touted as one of Oregon's prized freshman players in 2018. 

But, he was released from the team earlier this month after he was arrested in L.A. Now, we've learned why ... 

According to law enforcement, Jalen Hall and Milard Hill participated in a home invasion robbery in Norwalk, CA on Sept. 10. 

Officials say Jalen was armed with a semi-automatic handgun -- and threatened 3 people inside the home before making off with jewelry and other valuables. 

They fled the scene -- but cops tracked them down using an airship and arrested both men. 

Hall has been charged with 3 counts of home invasion robbery, 2 counts kidnapping to commit robbery and 1 count of 1st-degree burglary. 

If convicted on all counts, both men could face up to LIFE in prison. 

Bail has been set at more than $2 million for each suspect. 

Jalen is listed at 6'4", 190 lbs and was recruited by some of the best school in the country including Alabama, Florida State and LSU. 

Hall had 39 TDs during his career at Long Beach Poly and racked up almost 4,000 receiving yards. 

LeSean McCoy's Ex Blasts NFL Star You're a Monster

9/21/2018 9:18 AM PDT
Breaking News

1:05 PM PT -- Milton PD responded to the Cordon news conference ... issuing a release addressing some of the claims made by the victim, Ms. Cordon.

In the statement, Milton PD notes that LeSean "has not been cooperative in the investigation" ... despite the fact multiple requests were made to his attorney.

LeSean McCoy's ex-girlfriend has DOUBLED the reward for information leading to the arrest of her attacker to $40,000 ... and once again, pointed the finger at the NFL running back.

Delicia Cordon held a press conference detailing the violent July 9 incident when a masked man broke into her home, pistol whipped her multiple times ... and stole expensive pieces of jewelry. 

Cordon says she believes McCoy orchestrated the attack -- pointing to the fact her assailant was looking for specific items LeSean had gifted her in the past. 

No arrests have been made and McCoy has denied having any involvement -- but Cordon doesn't believe him.

"I live my life in fear. Everyday not knowing if I’m walking past the man who savagely attacked me," she said. 

"LeSean said he’s gonna deal with all this after his season -- I don’t have that option. I have to deal with this every day."

Cordon says McCoy is not cooperating with the investigation and refuses to hand over security footage from the night of the attack. 

She initially offered a $20,000 reward for information leading to an arrest -- but says people have donated another $20,000 to the cause ... totaling $40,000.

Suge Knight Son Reacts to Plea Deal ... The System's Stacked Against Him

9/21/2018 12:40 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Suge Knight's son believes his old man's being treated unfairly, and the system's set up to keep him locked up for the rest of his life ... but he's holding out hope it doesn't go down like that.

Suge Jacob Knight tells TMZ ... despite his father striking a 28-year plea deal in his murder case Thursday, he's staying positive about the situation. He admits he's incredibly concerned about his dad's health, but says Suge's a fighter ... and he's always going to be alright.

Still, Suge Jr. seems pretty upset over the outcome of his dad's case ... and thinks it's time someone gives him a break.

We broke the story ... the 53-year-old former rap mogul pled no contest to voluntary manslaughter in the killing of Terry Carter. Suge will get 28 years in prison but he'll get credit for time served, and due to prison overcrowding, he could get out in just over 10 years. 

That's still a long time, considering Suge's health issues, but his son's trying to keep the faith.

Yasiel Puig Burglarized for the 4th Time ... Video of Suspect Released

9/20/2018 5:08 PM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

9/20 5:07 PM PT -- The LAPD has now released a video of the crime going down ... showing one of the suspects smashing in the front door with several kicks. Cops are asking for help in identifying the men involved. 

7:07 PM PT -- LAPD has just released a photo of one of the suspects, captured by Puig's home security system. 

Cops also provided further details, saying the 3 men -- 2 of which are believed to be black males in their early to mid-20s with slim builds -- ransacked Puig's home then located a safe in the second-floor master bedroom. They allegedly dragged it down the stairs through the living room, but fled without it ... leaving it in the doorway.

LAPD claims the suspects caused about $10k in damages. They have no description so far of the third suspect, who was the driver.

The 3 suspects are believed to be the same burglars who hit Puig's house on August 30.

Yasiel Puig really needs to do something about his home security, 'cause he was burglarized yet again -- the 4TH TIME he's been hit ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us cops were called to Puig's San Fernando Valley home Tuesday night around 8 PM after one of the Dodger's assistants got a security alert on his phone, which showed 3 men leaving Puig's property.

Yasiel has a security camera set up that captures motion, and it automatically sends the video to a cell phone programmed to receive it. When Yasiel's associate saw the footage, he immediately called police ... but the bad guys had already fled. 

We're told the men broke in through the back door ... smashing it open. It's unclear at this point if anything was taken.

Yasiel wasn't seen celebrating with his team at Dodger Stadium Tuesday night after their walk-off win against the Rockies, but the game went late ... and he presumably left when he got called about the break-in. 

If you're keeping track ... Yasiel's been burglarized now a total of 4 times. He initially got hit last spring while he was away for spring training, then again during the World Series last year ... and a third time just last month. Our sources say cops aren't sure if the burglaries are connected, but it's clear someone is keeping track of Yasiel's work schedule, 'cause he's never been home.

Time to get a watchdog or something, Yas. That's our advice. 

Originally Published -- 7:06 AM on 9/19/2018

Trump Admin Officials Sued We're Up S**t's Creek Cause We Can't Canoe ... Thanks to Trump's Stupid Golf Games!!!

9/20/2018 4:19 PM PDT
Breaking News

President Trump's pissed off a bunch of canoers who say in a new lawsuit his excessive golfing's gotten them banned from the Potomac River.

The Canoe Cruisers Association of Greater Washington sued Trump's Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and the Coast Guard claiming an Administration rule prohibits canoers from accessing 2 miles of the Potomac River near Trump National Golf Club in Sterling, Virginia.

In docs, the canoers claim the Coast Guard and DHS initially had temporarily imposed restrictions but have created a "permanent security zone" in June 2017, and they've been turned away at least 32 times.

The Association claims DHS promised it would address the gripes but went radio silent. As we first reported, Trump's playtime on the green has cost taxpayers at least $300k in golf cart rentals alone for his Secret Service.

Suge Knight Strikes 28-Year Plea Deal in Murder Case

9/20/2018 2:48 PM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

2:00 PM PT -- The plea deal was just unveiled in court, and Suge will get 28 years in prison after pleading no contest to voluntary manslaughter. The 53-year-old will get credit for time served -- he's been in jail awaiting trial for around 3 1/2 years. He'll also be on parole for 3 years after serving his prison sentence.

Suge's sentence is stiffer than a typical voluntarily manslaughter because he had a prior felony conviction in 1997. He also got an extra 5 years because the Carter killing was deemed a "serious and violent" felony. He got an additional year due to his truck being a deadly weapon.

Knight cracked a joke ... of sorts. Part of the judge's instructions to the defendant include a phrase about the possibility of deportation following conviction, to which Suge said, "So, ICE can come and get me." There was a smattering of laughter. 

Suge Knight has struck a plea deal in his murder case ... TMZ has learned.

Several sources tell us the former Death Row Records exec will be in L.A. County Superior Court Thursday afternoon to enter a plea in the murder of Terry Carter. Knight had been facing the possibility of life in prison, and his trial was scheduled to begin Monday with jury selection.

We broke the story ... Suge ran over Terry back in January 2015 as he fled the Tam's Burgers parking lot in Compton. TMZ posted the surveillance video that showed Knight throw his truck in reverse, knock over one man, then drive forward over Terry ... killing him.  

Knight had claimed he was not trying to run over either of the men he hit -- but merely trying to escape because he thought both men were about to shoot him.

Suge was arrested shortly after the incident and has been in jail ever since then, awaiting trial.

Originally published -- 1:26 PM PT

Jermall Charlo Bag Thief Suspect Catches Break ... After Officials Find She Helps Sick Kids

9/20/2018 12:03 PM PDT
Breaking News

The woman who stole a Louis Vuitton bag filled with cash and jewelry from pro boxer Jermall Charlo just caught a huge break ... in part 'cause officials say she's a pediatric nurse!!

TMZ Sports broke the story ... Charlo was partying at Jay-Z's 40/40 Club in Manhattan last March when he got into a fight with another group of people ... and left his bag unattended.

Sources say the bag had a $15,000 diamond bracelet, a $75,000 championship ring, a $10,000 Cartier ring and more in it ... and held around $40,000 in cash as well.

A 40-year-old Connecticut woman, Sarah Morin, nabbed the bag ... and after police asked the public for help identifying her -- she turned herself in.

She was facing felony charges of grand larceny and criminal possession of stolen property ... but officials say they cut a deal with her on Thursday to let her off easy because the whole thing appeared to be a misunderstanding -- and because she's a nurse.

Officials say Morin was given the bag to watch by an associate of Charlo's ... and while she bolted from the club with the bag -- she did return it with the jewelry ... and appeared to try to do so even prior to being contacted by police.

Officials say even though no cash was returned ... they were unable to verify if there was even any in the bag.

Officials also say her status as a pediatric nurse who works with children with cancer influenced their decision to let her walk with just a disorderly conduct charge.

Bottom line ... as long as Sarah keeps her nose clean for a year -- the case will be dismissed.

Elizabeth Smart Kidnapper Barzee Goes Wild 1st Night Out of Prison

9/20/2018 9:20 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

11:31 AM PT -- A spokesperson for the South Salt Lake City Police department tells us there was a mix-up in reporting the calls to the hotel Wednesday night. We're told there was a disturbance on the property involving an individual banging on doors through the hotel, but they do not believe it had to do with Wanda.

The hotel guest we spoke with who told us Barzee was shouting scripture and praising Joseph Smith into the early hours of the night stands by their story.

Elizabeth Smart's kidnapper who was just released spent her first night of freedom going off the rails ... so much so, cops were called ... TMZ has learned.

Wanda Barzee spent Wednesday night at a Salt Lake City hotel and, according to a guest staying in an adjacent room, Barzee went on a religious tirade. We're told she was wailing religious scripture at the top of her lungs.

The guest also says Barzee was loudly praising Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism. 

A law enforcement source tells us a call came in to dispatch from a guest at the hotel, but when officers tried to call the complainant back, no one responded. They did not send a unit to check it out.

We're told there was also a call to police for a media disturbance outside the hotel -- and officers did respond to that -- asking reporters to back away from the property.

Barzee was released from prison Wednesday after serving 15 years. 

Not long after Barzee's release, Elizabeth reacted on Instagram saying, "Without [a] doubt the past few weeks have been a rollercoaster of emotion ... May we all remain vigilant in watching over our families, friends, and community from anyone who would seek to hurt or take advantage."

Around the Web