Jon 'Bones' Jones Scratched from UFC 178

Published | Updated

Jon "Bones" Jones will not defend his light heavyweight belt at UFC 178  -- he just had to bow out of the fight with an injury he suffered during training.

Jones was supposed to take on Daniel Cormier as the main event at UFC 178 in Las Vegas on September 27 -- but the bout will now move to UFC 182.

Jones reportedly hurt either his leg or ankle while sparring.

This is the 2nd big change for this fight. Jones was originally supposed to fight Alexander Gustafsson ... but he got injured, and Cormier stepped in to get his shot against Jones.

UFC 182 is set to go down in January.

Of course, Jones and Cormier already scrapped at a media event to promote their fight. Guess, we'll have to be happy with that footage for the next few months.

UFC Fighter Joe Riggs I'll Fight Again ... Even With Holes in My Hand & Leg

Published | Updated

UFC fighter Joe Riggs has a huge hole in his leg, and another in his hand ... but he's still vowing to fight again as early as December -- which is unbelievable when you see how badly his hand was injured in a gun accident.

TMZ Sports broke the story ... Riggs was cleaning his Sig Sauer 1911 pistol last month when the weapon discharged, blowing a hole in his left leg. He also severely jacked up his left hand. Fair warning ... these pics of the damage are gruesome.

We're told Riggs' doctors are only willing to say he will "eventually" make a full recovery -- but the fighter is confident he'll be ready to go before year's end.

Good luck to him, but based on the photos ... seems like a long shot.

Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier Fighters Brawl At Promo Event

Published | Updated

Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier couldn't wait until September 27 to fight ... so they brawled Monday in the middle of the MGM in Las Vegas ... and this one didn't look fake at all.

Jones and Cormier got nose-to-nose, which Cormier was not into ... so he shoved Jones away. Clearly Jones was not pleased, so he went after Cormier and the two knocked the backdrop over before tumbling off the stage.

UFC's Arianny Celeste On Urijah Faber: 'He Pulls Mad Chicks!'

Published | Updated

UFC's hottest ring girl Arianny Celeste is no player hater ... she's an appreciator ... and she's giving mad props to one UFC fighter for absolutely SLAYING IT with the ladies.

Celeste was flaunting her killer physique out at the pool at the Mandalay Bay for UFC International Fight Week ... when we asked her who she thought was the best looking fighter around.

It didn't take her long to name Urijah Faber -- and says she's not the only one who feels that way because the dude "pulls mad chicks!"

BONUS: Some of the other ring girls were also out in bikinis and doing their thing yesterday ... so, you might wanna check that out too!

HAPPY 4TH!!!!

0-cmiah82r

UFC Star Tom Lawlor I'm a Wrestling Manager Now!

Published | Updated

UFC star "Filthy" Tom Lawlor can now add wrestling manager to his resume ... and based on the footage of him training with his clients before the match -- the fighter is taking the gig very seriously.

Filthy appeared alongside a tag team called reDRagon at ROH Wrestling's pay per view "War of the Worlds" Saturday in New York ... during their match against The Young Bucks.

The fighter's tag team was victorious -- and we're told Lawlor is open to working with the company again in the future.

Watch your back Jimmy Hart.

Ken Shamrock Jay Z's Bodyguard Sucks He Failed In the Elevator

Published | Updated

Beyonce's sister should never have ever come CLOSE to attacking Jay Z in that hotel elevator ... because the bodyguard could have prevented the attack ... so says a guy who would know, Ken Shamrock.

The former UFC champ now specializes in private security for high-profile people -- and he tells TMZ Sports the guy who was with Jay that night simply FAILED at his job.

"It's pretty clear that something went off [between Jay Z and Solange] before the fight," Shamrock says.

"The bodyguard should never have put them on the elevator together. You're waiting for a time bomb to go off. And when it does, you're stuck."

Shamrock -- who's been working for Pro-tect Global for more than a year -- says the bodyguard also erred by turning his back on Jay.

"Rather than getting in between Jay and Solange, he was pressing the elevator buttons. It seemed to me he didn't know what his job was."

Ken says he knows the guy was in a tough situation and says it's easy to judge from afar -- but the bottom line is ... Jay Z got attacked -- and it didn't have to happen that way.

082017_jay_z_solange_kal MAY 2014
THE FIGHT VIDEO

Ronda Rousey Makes 'Turtle' Crap Himself ... on 'Entourage' Set

Published | Updated

Ronda Rousey is known for kicking ass and taking names, and on the set of the "Entourage" movie ... that name is Turtle.

Jerry Ferrara and Kevin Dillon shot a scene yesterday in Los Angeles where the UFC queen busts open a major can on them and their SUV in a road rage incident.

Seems from the clip the guys were able to talk their way out of it -- so ... sorry, no armbar for Jerry.

We're guessing he wouldn't be that lucky in real life.

Ronda Rousey I'm Down For WrestleMania, IF ...

Published | Updated

"Rowdy" Ronda Rousey is totally down to get in the ring with the WWE's finest at WrestleMania ... but she'll only appear with her posse.

Rousey and her roommate/UFC fighter Shayna Baszler posted a video of the two mixing it up in the ring last week -- the rumor mills went wild ... and we're told she'd be stoked to wrestle a legit match at WrestleMania.

Sources close to Ronda say she's busy with movies and real fighting ... but if WWE honchos wanted to make it happen they can get the ball rolling by hiring her crew -- the Four Horsewomen -- Baszler, Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke.

We're told the fighter is saying WrestleMania XXX in New Orleans next month would be out of the question ... but if the WWE is interested, she'd be down to make it happen at next year's event in SF.

Fun Fact: Ronda confesses she jacked her nickname Rowdy from Roddy Piper.

Thiago Silva Judge Says I CAN FIGHT AGAIN!

Published | Updated

Former UFC star Thiago Silva has been cleared to fight again ... not by the UFC (Dana White banned him for life) ... but by a judge, who says Silva has the right to earn his living.

As we previously reported, Silva was finally released from jail (on bail) after allegedly grabbing a gun and threatening to execute his wife and her boyfriend outside of a FL martial arts gym last month.

The judge slapped Silva with several restrictions (no drugs, booze, anger management, etc) ... but Silva's attorney Scott Saul tells us he DID allow Silva to resume training for his MMA career.

Weird, since one day he'll be learning how to manage his anger ... and the next he'll be training himself to pummel another man within an inch of his life.

We're told Silva -- who's under house arrest and wears an electronic tracking device -- has permission to train at a nearby gym. He's also allowed to visit with his attorney and his manager.

Since the UFC is off the table, Silva will try and book a fight with another organization -- and once that happens (if it happens), the judge will have to give approval before Silva can enter the ring.

Ex-UFC Fighter Thiago Silva LEAVING JAIL After Alleged Gun Incident w/ Wife

Published | Updated

Former UFC fighter Thiago Silva will be RELEASED FROM JAIL ... for the first time since he allegedly grabbed a gun and threatened to shoot his wife in Florida ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Silva was initially locked up without bond when he was arrested on Feb. 7th -- but today, the judge changed his mind and set bond at $25k.

But Silva isn't entirely a free man ... we're told he'll be on house arrest with an electronic monitor for the time being. He must also complete an anger management program.

The judge also ordered Thiago to stay away from his wife and her boyfriend at all times. He must also submit to random drug and alcohol testing.

As we previously reported, Thiago was initially arrested for attempted murder after allegedly threatening to shoot his wife and her BF in front of a martial arts school in FL.

The judge later reduced the charges to aggravated assault. Dana White has since banned Silva from ever fighting in the UFC again.

He's due back in court next week.

Shane Mosley Boxing's More Respected Than UFC ... But I Like It

Published | Updated

The UFC is exploding in popularity ... but the sport of boxing is still more respected than MMA ... so says former boxing champ Sugar Shane Mosely.

The 42-year-old was leaving Supper Club in Hollywood Saturday night when he explained why he thinks the UFC is still playing catch up to boxing when it comes to respect.

Shane -- who's retired -- also says he still thinks he can fight with the best in the world ... but wants to leave the sport in younger hands ... like his 23-year-old son, who's training to be just like his old man.

Chael Sonnen Wanderlei Silva Sucks 'He's the Worst Fighter in the UFC'

Published

Chael Sonnen says Wanderlei Silva is "the worst fighter in the UFC" ... and it's time for the guy to either sign a contract to fight or SHUT UP ... 'cause he's sick of waiting around.

Sonnen was at LAX this week when he blasted his "Ultimate Fighter: Brazil" rival -- who, according to Chael, has yet to sign his contract so they can finally get in the Octagon.

Chael and Silva were originally supposed to brawl at UFC 173 ... but the fight has since been pushed back ... and at this point, Sonnen isn't convinced it's ever going to happen.

Now, things are clearly getting personal -- with Chael telling us the guy straight up "sucks" at fighting.

It's getting nasty -- check out the clip.

Ronda Rousey WINNER, WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!

Published

After obliterating Sara McMann's liver last night, UFC badass Ronda Rousey celebrated her first ever TKO victory the only way she knows how ... by destroying a huge plate of chicken wings!!!!!

Ronda's right hand man Layzie the Savage posted the video right after UFC 170 ... showing Ronda getting ready to chow down with a huge victorious smile on her face.

The chicken consumption has become a tradition for Ronda after a victory -- it was just back in December when she woofed down some cluckers after he big win at UFC 168.

Good for Ronda. Bad for the chickens.

CM Punk UFC 170 Hangout Was Just For Fun ... Says Dana White

Published | Updated

CM Punk's first public outing since walking away from the WWE last month was Saturday night in Las Vegas at UFC 170 ... and even though he was sitting ringside with the company's head honcho -- Dana White says they didn't talk one word of business.

TMZ Sports spoke with Dana White about his visible hangout with Punk seen by millions on Pay Per View ... and the UFC Prez says they were just watching the fight as friends.

Dana adds, "He is a friend and a fan. We have literally never talked about wrestling or fighting or anything else work related since I've known him."

As we previously reported ... Punk quit the WWE in January after feeling like he was getting snubbed out of a main event match at "Wrestlemania XXX". Earlier this week Vince McMahon told investors the wrestler is currently "taking a sabbatical" from the company.

Jon Jones My Shotgun SPITS FIRE!!!! [Insane Video]

Published | Updated

Talk about packin' heat -- UFC champ Jon "Bones" Jones was blasting away with special shotgun ammunition that actually turns his piece into a frickin' FLAMETHROWER ... and it's all on video.

Jones grabbed his Remington 870 Express pump action shotgun and went to the desert to test out some unusual ammunition ... including something called "Dragon's Breath" ... which can ENGULF YOUR TARGET IN FLAMES!!!

FYI -- Dragon's Breath is illegal in a couple of states ... but it appears Jon was shooting in New Mexico, where it's ok.

If you wanna see the full power of the ammo -- check out the clip below and scroll to 4:24.

Ken Shamrock DON'T MESS WITH FERGIE Or I'll Beat Your Ass!!

Published | Updated

Ken Shamrock isn't afraid to put the black eye in Black Eyed Peas if ANYONE messes with Fergie -- because the UFC legend was part of her personal security team yesterday ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Shamrock -- who's now in the celeb bodyguard business -- was watching Fergie's back at a footwear convention in Vegas. We're glad to report everyone behaved ... Ken didn't need to choke anyone out.

As we previously reported, 50-year-old Ken is one of the top guys at Pro-Tect Global -- and has been charged with keeping big stars like 50 Cent and Kristin Cavallari safe.

Despite the fact he's rollin' with huge celebs, we're told the World's Most Dangerous Man was hit up for some autographs himself --- and, of course, he obliged.

KEN SHAMROCK!!!