Brooklyn Nets Kevin Durant Has Coronavirus ... Out with Drake Last Week

Published | Updated
UPDATE

5:23 PM PT -- KD's positive test is probably very interesting to his buddy, Drake.

UPDATE

The Nets were in town to play the Lakers last Tuesday. Of course, Kevin didn't play, but he was at the game, and afterward he kicked it with Drake at Nice Guy in West Hollywood.

UPDATE

It could just be coincidence, but Drake posted video from the basketball court in his Toronto mansion. He said, "My life for the next however long." Makes it sound like he's self-quarantining ... perhaps out of an abundance of safety?

UPDATE
UPDATE

2:52 PM PT -- The L.A. Lakers -- the last team to play the Nets before the league's suspension -- just had a conference call with all the players ... and everyone will be tested for COVID-19 and undergo a 14-day quarantine, according to Brad Turner.

UPDATE

2:29 PM PT -- Kevin Durant says he is one of the Nets players who tested positive for coronavirus.

UPDATE

The NBA superstar told The Athletic he's feeling fine -- but adds, "Everyone be careful, take care of yourself and quarantine. We're going to get through this."

The coronavirus has just hit the Brooklyn Nets ... HARD.

The team announced FOUR players have tested positive for COVID-19 -- which is essentially a THIRD of the roster!

No, the team is not naming names -- at least not yet. Before today, no one on the team had been diagnosed with coronavirus.

In fact, before today only 3 NBA players had tested positive -- Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell from the Utah Jazz and Christian Wood of the Detroit Pistons.

Of the four, one player is exhibiting symptoms while three are asymptomatic," the team said in a statement.

"All four players are presently isolated and under the care of team physicians."

"The organization is currently notifying anyone who has had known contact with the players, including recent opponents, and is working closely with state and local health authorities on reporting."

"All players and members of the Nets travel party are being asked to remain isolated, closely monitor their health and maintain constant communication with team medical staff. The health of our players and staff is of the highest priority to the organization and the team is doing everything within its power to ensure that those affected receive the best care possible."

Originally published -- 1:10 PM PT

Drake Honors Kobe At Indoor Home Court ... With Number Tribute

Published | Updated

The Black Mamba's presence will be felt every time Drake steps foot on his insane home indoor basketball court ... 'cause the rapper has installed a touching tribute for Kobe Bryant.

Drizzy showed off the new artwork while spending some alone time at his "Sanctuary" court Monday night ... displaying a massive #8 and #24 on either side of the scoreboard.

Just like most of the world, it looks like Drake is practicing social distancing due to the coronavirus pandemic ... which means he can work on his J from the comfort of his Toronto mansion.

Of course, tons of celebs and athletes have been honoring the late NBA superstar following the tragic helicopter crash earlier this year -- from tributes like LeBron James' tattoo to Derrick Henry's new chain.

As for Drake's mansion ... the place is insane and even has a singing toilet. So, the whole isolation thing ain't all that bad for Drake.

100519_drake_mansion_kal_v2 OCTOBER 2019
CHAMPAGNE PAPI'S PALACE

Kevin Durant Summer Return 'Not Very Realistic' ... Biz Partner Says

Published

Did the NBA coronavirus suspension just breathe life into a possible NBA return for Kevin Durant?!?!

Sorry, Brooklyn Nets fans ... it sounds like the answer to that question is a big, fat NOPE ... 'cause KD's right-hand man, Rich Kleiman, says a summer return from his Achilles injury is "not very realistic."

Of course, the 31-year-old superstar went down with the injury in the NBA Finals last June ... and KD hasn't played a minute of NBA basketball since.

With the entire Association coming to a screeching halt last week due to the coronavirus outbreak, many fans -- especially in BK -- speculated the suspension could be a blessing in disguise for Durant.

But, KD's longtime business partner, Rich Kleiman, put an end to the speculation on Monday ... telling ESPN the chances are slim he suits up in time for a potential playoff push for the 7th-seed Nets.

"Honestly, not very realistic from my standpoint, and not even spoken about," Kleiman told "Golic & Wingo."

At the time, KD was given a 12-month rehab timeline ... which would time up perfectly with the league's potential return date.

Regardless, Kleiman says don't hold your breath.

"It feels like (playing this season) clearly was not something that was in the cards prior to all this."

"And, now, I think just like the rest of the world, it's hard to take anything more than day by day."

Kleiman says the next step is figuring out the best place for KD to rehab while following the CDC's new recommendations ... which suggests no gatherings of more than 50 people.

And, if you know anything about KD ... he always draws an audience.

Donovan Mitchell Ready To Play Some Basketball!!! After Positive COVID-19 Test

Published

Utah Jazz superstar Donovan Mitchell says he feels ZERO signs of the coronavirus days after testing positive for the infection ... in fact, he's down to get back on the court TOMORROW.

As we previously reported ... Spida tested positive for COVID-19 right after his teammate Rudy Gobert's health status eventually put the entire NBA season on hold last week.

After giving a brief update on social media, the 23-year-old is detailing his past few days with "Good Morning America" -- from isolation -- and says he feels fully healthy.

"Got no fever, no symptoms as of right now and just blessed to be okay," Mitchell says. "Right now, the biggest thing for me is to just stay in isolation and just keep to myself."

"I keep making the joke when people keep asking me that if you were to tell me that I would play in a 7-game series tomorrow, I'd be ready to lace up."

Mitchell says it took a while to "cool off" after Gobert's positive test ... but admits he's just happy his other teammates weren't affected.

Of course, Gobert has apologized for being so careless about COVID-19 before his diagnosis. Remember, he jokingly touched a bunch of mics and recorders during a press conference. Gobert says he now understands he needs to take the matter seriously and has donated more than $500k to relief efforts.