'Siesta Key' Star Brandon Gomes In Violent 3-Car Crash
-
Exclusive Details
- 1 shares
"Dude, You Crashed My Car" would be a great sequel to "Dude, Where's My Car?" ... and it would probably be based on the hijinks of Brandon Gomes from "Siesta Key" ... whose car was WRECKED after letting his buddy behind the wheel.
The violent crash went down Thursday night in Sarasota, Florida ... after former 'Siesta' costar Carson Wall ran a red light in a 2007 Cadillac ... triggering a 3-car crash. According to a police report ... the Cadi belongs to Brandon, but Carson was the one behind the wheel.
Carson told cops the light was yellow when he entered the intersection, but drivers in the 2 other vehicles -- a 2017 Audi and 2008 Toyota truck -- all said they squarely had the green.
The impact was so violent it ricocheted the Cadi into the Toyota, which caused the Cadi to crash into a signal pole before striking a wall.
Cops say Carson -- who injured his left arm -- was at fault. He was cited for failure to stop at a red signal. "Dude, Where's My Uber?" as part 3?
See also
Mac Miller DUI Case to be Dropped ... Prosecutors Making it Official
9/11 3:20 PM PT -- TMZ has learned the case is now officially closed.
Mac Miller's death is forcing the L.A. City Attorney to complete a legal formality ... letting him off the hook in his DUI case.
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the City Attorney's Office will officially drop the charges against Mac. He was supposed to be arraigned Tuesday in an L.A. courtroom, but we're told it's been taken off the docket and official paperwork will soon be filed.
TMZ broke the story ... Mac was arrested in May after smashing his G-Wagon into a utility pole in the San Fernando Valley. He walked away from the accident, but cops arrested him later after tracking him down at his home.
Video of the aftermath showed just how bad the crash was, but Mac wasn't seriously hurt.
MAY 2018
As we reported, Mac ended up blowing twice the legal limit.
TMZ broke the story ... Mac died of an apparent overdose last week at his home. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Mac Miller was 26.
See also
Tommy Lasorda Brother Killed In Car Crash ... with Police Officer
The younger brother of L.A. Dodgers legend Tommy Lasorda died Thursday night in a major car accident involving a police vehicle.
Officials confirm 83-year-old Joseph Lasorda tried to make a left turn in front of a Boca Raton Police Dept. SUV patrol vehicle around 8:30 PM ... and was T-boned by the cop car.
Lasorda was transported to a nearby hospital where he was later pronounced dead. The officer driving the police vehicle was hospitalized for minor injuries and is expected to be okay.
Officials are investigating the incident.
Joseph is survived by his wife Gaetana, 2 children and a grandchild.
Story developing ...
See also
Post Malone First a Plane Scare, Now This Crash?!? ... 'God Must Hate Me'
Post Malone got a THIRD lease on life in the early hours of Friday morning ... after walking away unscathed after a scary car crash.
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the rapper was a passenger in his Rolls-Royce Friday in WeHo at 2:40 AM when a Kia T-boned the Rolls on the driver's side.
Moments after the crash, Post told us the Kia hit them out of nowhere ... causing the Rolls-Royce to spin out of control. Photos back up his version.
We're told no drugs or alcohol played a role in the crash. There were no injuries ... unless you count Post's psyche. After the crash, the rapper said (and later tweeted), "God must hate me."
The crash, of course, comes a mere 17 days after his private jet blew 2 tires after takeoff from Teterboro Airport in New Jersey and seemingly circled for hours to burn fuel before making an emergency landing. Post said afterward he was thrilled to be alive.
god must hate me lol
@PostMalone
TMZ shot Post hours before the car crash at Petit restaurant celebrating the birthday of his manager, Dre London.
Post's seemed physically fine post-crash ... he hit up a house party with rapper Trippie Redd. Surviving a brush with death -- twice -- is reason to party.
BTW ... special moment after the crash between Post and a pap, who made the rapper happy as hell when he recovered the Rolls-Royce hood ornament that flew off after the crash.
See also
Maura Tierney On the Mend Post-Bike Accident
Maura Tierney appeared feeble and frail a day after her scary cycling accident where a car hit her on the road ... but the good news is that she's on her feet and walking.
"The Affair" star was spotted Tuesday walking gingerly with assistance as she headed down some steps. Maura's left arm was wrapped almost entirely with a protective bandage, presumably covering up an injury suffered Monday in Marina del Rey.
She was seen later walking around the block under her own power.
TMZ broke the story ... the former "ER" star's back wheel was clipped by a car while riding near the ocean. She was sent flying to the ground and was eventually transported to the hospital. She was released with no major injuries, but you can tell she's still feeling it.
Cops say they don't believe alcohol or drugs were a factor. The driver even stayed on the scene while Maura was being treated.
Good to see her out and about ... feel better, Dr. Lockhart.
See also
Maura Tierney Car Crashes into Her Bike ... Taken by Ambulance to Hospital
-
EXCLUSIVE
- 1.4K shares
3:37 PM PT -- A rep for Maura tells TMZ ... she has been released from the hospital with no major injuries.
Actress Maura Tierney had a real-life ER experience Monday after being struck by a car as she rode her bike near the ocean.
The former "ER" star and current star of "The Affair" was biking in Marina del Rey at around noon when a car clipped her back tire, sending her tumbling to the ground.
She was obviously hurt and laid on the ground until paramedics arrived. She complained to the EMTs she was experiencing back pain. Paramedics placed a neck brace on her and then put her on a stretcher. She was taken to a nearby hospital.
The driver who hit her stayed on scene. Cops believe the driver was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol ... it was simply an accident.
Tierney won a Golden Globe in 2016 for her performance as Helen Solloway on "The Affair." Season 4 just ended ... and if we can editorialize just a bit -- it's fantastic.
We know she received treatment at the hospital. We do not know if she's been released.
See also
Big Boy I Attacked Drunk Driver Who Hit Me And He's a Prosecutor!??!
Big Boy says he was THIS close to laying the smackdown on the EXTREMELY drunk driver who rear-ended him in Calabasas.
The legendary radio DJ tells us ... he was SHOCKED to learn the man who smashed into his ride Tuesday was a prosecutor on leave with the L.A. County D.A.'s Office.
Big Boy says he tried to attack the drunk driver, Michael Pettersen, before cameras and police arrived ... but he was held back by his friend as cooler heads prevailed.
The video is wild ... Big Boy says he was in disbelief when the driver took a pull from a VODKA BOTTLE after a half-hearted sorry while still in the driver's seat.
The unbelievable scene unfolded Tuesday afternoon ... when a BMW barreled into the back of Big Boy's Nissan Armada. When cops finally got the drunk driver out of his car, his pants fell down ... and he hit the ground next.
Big Boy says it's fortunate no one was seriously injured ... 'cause the crash occurred near an elementary school.
See also
Big Boy Hit By Drunk Idiot Driver ... Caught w/ His Pants Down
-
EXCLUSIVE
- 6 shares
8/22 -- We've learned the drinking driver is Michael Pettersen, a prosecutor with the L.A. County D.A.'s Office who's been on a leave of absence since January 1, 2017.
It looks like a joke -- but this was very real.
Legendary radio DJ Big Boy was rear-ended by a VERY drunk driver in Calabasas ... and when he confronted the man, the guy pulled out a VODKA BOTTLE and started chugging while still behind the wheel.
It all went down Tuesday at 2 PM -- Big Boy was driving his Nissan Armada when he was smashed from behind.
The DJ appeared to be okay -- but couldn't believe his eyes when he saw the other guy pull out the bottle.
"He just crashed into me and he's in the car drinking," Big Boy said ... "He is still in the car, still drinking!"
A bystander told the driver to put the booze down -- but he refused.
Cops ultimately got to the scene and pulled the man out of his BMW -- his pants fell down ... and then he did, too.
We're told the man was transported to a local hospital where he was being checked for injuries and most likely undergoing blood alcohol tests (though you can guess what they're gonna show).
The area where the collision occurred is right near The Oaks -- one of the most prestigious, elite communities in L.A. where stars like Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian own homes.
See also
Mac Miller Charged with DUI ... After Car Crash
Mac Miller has officially been slapped with a DUI charge after his scary accident earlier this year ... TMZ has learned.
The L.A. City Attorney's Office filed charges against Mac stemming from his May car wreck. He's facing two counts of DUI -- one for driving under the influence and another for driving with a BAC at 0.08 or higher. He wasn't charged with hit and run, for which he was originally booked.
We broke the story ... MM was arrested in May for DUI and hit and run after cops found his 2016 G-Wagon smashed against a utility pole in the San Fernando Valley. Based on video of the scene, it's a miracle Mac wasn't seriously hurt ... 'cause it was bad.
MAY 2018
Cops say they showed up to Mac's house after the fact and had him use a breathalyzer ... we're told he blew twice the legal limit. Officers cuffed him and hauled him off to jail, but did note he was incredibly polite.
If convicted ... he faces up to 6 months in jail and a $1,000 fine ... but that's only theoretical -- almost every first offender gets off with probation, community service and a license suspension.
It's been a rough year for the dude ... his DUI arrest -- and now subsequent charges -- follows a breakup with Ariana Grande ... who's now engaged to Pete Davidson.
See also
IndyCar Driver Robert Wickens Choppered to Hospital After Nasty Crash
IndyCar driver Robert Wickens was just taken to a hospital by helicopter after a horrifying crash he was involved in on the track ... which sent him and his vehicle spiraling.
HUGE CRASH in Pocono. Ryan Hunter-Reay & Robert Wickens collide, and Wickens gets into the fence. Shades of Scheckter and Brack in Texas 03. Red flag, long delay coming. #IndyCar #ABCSupply500 pic.twitter.com/6JxX0IncHB
@Blaynos14
Wickens was racing Sunday at Pocono Raceway in Pennsylvania for the ABC Supply 500 Series when he tried passing another driver, Ryan Hunter-Reay, on lap 6 ... but bumped him instead, and got launched into the air and against the side fence in a terrifying collision.
The crash from Dixon's point of view. #ABCSupply500 pic.twitter.com/PRGG48QpDN
@VincentJBruins
According to IndyCar Series' official Twitter account, Wickens was awake and alert as he was being transported to nearby Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest. At least 4 other drivers involved in the wreck were reportedly being treated on the scene as well.
The rest of the race is currently delayed, but it's expected to resume as soon as debris is cleared from the track.
Story developing ...
See also
Lil Pump Lollapalooza Talk's Distracting Me ... I'm About to Crash My Lambo!!!
Lil Pump's nightmare set at Lollapalooza was nearly upstaged by what went down in his Lambo ... while talking about the Lollapalooza nightmare.
We got the "Gucci Gang" rapper out on Sunset Blvd. Monday and asked him about his performance in Chi Town over the weekend. ICYMI ... Pump's set was cut short when event organizers and cops felt the crowd was getting outta control.
chaos at lil pump earlier. music cut at least three times to move the crowd back, bunch of cpd officers standing side stage. got in maybe five songs total #lolla pic.twitter.com/vhv8vF40dP
@mattypollock
Some fans bitched about the mess on social media -- but LP told us he blames Lolla officials, and he kiiinda throws his fans under the bus. The catch here is, our whole convo with him went down while he was behind the wheel of his Lamborghini Aventador.
Let's just say, driving and talking ain't Pump's thing.
See also
Jerry Jones' Son In Scary Car Crash After Dinner w/ NFL Owners
-
Exclusive Details
- 44 shares
Jerry Jones' son was a passenger in a head-on car crash in Malibu late Wednesday night after a fancy dinner with his famous father and L.A. Rams owner Stan Kroenke ... witnesses tell TMZ Sports.
Jerry Jones Jr. -- the Executive V.P. of the Cowboys -- had left Nobu sushi restaurant on Pacific Coast Highway around 11 PM when his sprinter van slammed into another vehicle.
Both vehicles sustained significant damage -- but, based on photos and videos from the scene, it appears Jones walked away without an injury.
Witnesses say Jones Jr. walked off the van and comforted the driver -- who appeared shaken up.
Cops and emergency responders eventually arrived to the scene. Our law enforcement sources say neither drugs nor alcohol appeared to have been a factor. Just an innocent traffic accident.
We've reached out to the Cowboys multiple times for comment. So far, no word back.
See also
Ezekiel Elliott Sued For $1 Million ... For Role In Car Crash
Ezekiel Elliott is being sued for $1 MILLION by the man who Zeke barreled into with his SUV last year.
According to court docs ... the Cowboys superstar was driving his GMC Yukon in Collin County, Texas, in January 2017 -- when he ran a red light and smashed into Ronnie Hill's BMW sedan.
The accident was described as "minor" by the Frisco PD and cops noted no injuries were sustained.
But now ... Hill is claiming he does in fact have injuries from the crash -- including "serious, life-altering" ones -- and is seeking over $1 mil in damages from Elliott.
Zeke's agent, Frank Salzano, tells TMZ Sports Elliott's inclusion in the lawsuit is only a formality ... and will all ultimately end up being handled by Zeke's insurance company.
"We expect Mr. Elliott's insurance provider to step in accordingly and handle the matter appropriately."
See also
NFL's Terrance Williams Lambo Crash Case Dismissed
Terrance Williams just caught a massive break ... 'cause the Cowboys receiver ain't gonna spend a single minute in jail after allegedly ramming his $200K Lambo into a lamp pole.
The story's crazy ... back in May, officials in Texas observed T.W. wipe out on his bike ... and he appeared wasted.
Cops searched Williams and found a Lambo Huracan key in his pocket ... interesting, 'cause they'd just found a crashed Lambo abandoned nearby.
Williams denied being behind the wheel at the time of the crash ... and actually pointed the finger at his "idiot" friend and fellow NFL player Kendall Wright.
Williams was arrested ... but ONLY charged with misdemeanor public intoxication.
Now, Williams' attorney Chip Lewis (who also reps Robert Durst) ... says prosecutors dismissed the public intox. charge today ... leaving Terrance in the clear legally.
MAY 2018
Lewis tells us Williams paid for the damaged pole ... and completed an online alcohol awareness class -- which was good enough for prosecutors.
See also
NY Jets' Dylan Donahue Pleads Guilty In Wrong Way DUI Crash Case
New York Jets linebacker Dylan Donahue -- the guy who crashed into a bus in the Lincoln Tunnel -- has pled guilty to drunk driving ... TMZ Sports has learned.
As we previously reported, officials say the 25-year-old was driving his Dodge Charger Hellcat the wrong way in the Lincoln Tunnel on Feb. 26, when he slammed into a jitney bus (a private passenger bus) which was carrying 15 people. 4 of those people were hospitalized.
Donahue was initially hit with 4 charges-- but, he struck a deal with prosecutors in which 3 of those were dropped in exchange for pleading guilty to operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol.
His sentence -- his license was suspended for 3 months, he must have an ignition interlock device (which tests for alcohol on his breath) on his car for 1 year and must complete a DUI education program.
Meanwhile, Donahue has been participating at Jets camp -- and reportedly impressing the coaching staff.
Dylan's attorney Terry Webb tells TMZ Sports ... "Dylan accepts full responsibility for his actions and apologizes to his friends and family and fans. Dylan has been sober since the incident and is still committed to living a sober life."
See also
George Clooney Back On Set Lifting Props ... 10 Days After Accident
George Clooney's looking as good as new on set in Italy, and it's nothing short of a miracle ... considering his head-on scooter collision from less than 2 weeks ago.
George is filming "Catch-22" -- he's directing and acting in the miniseries -- and Friday he was moving quickly on set ... so quickly, it didn't even seem like there was a limp in his step from the accident. He was also lifting props without a problem.
TMZ broke the story ... George slammed into a car going 60 mph in Sardinia. He went flying, nearly 20 ft into the air, before slamming down to the ground. Still, he walked away from the accident with bruises and zero broken bones.
He looked a little banged up getting onto his private jet a few days later, but looks like he's made a 100% recovery.