Knicks Owner James Dolan Tests Positive For Coronavirus ... 'Little To No Symptoms'

Published | Updated

New York Knicks and Rangers owner James Dolan has tested positive for COVID-19 ... making him the first known major American sports team owner to contract the virus.

Knicks PR announced Saturday night that the 64-year-old billionaire owner -- one of the most controversial figures in sports -- has coronavirus ... but made it clear he was in good condition, and still in charge of his teams.

"The Madison Square Garden Company Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Jim Dolan has tested positive for coronavirus. He has been in self-isolation and is experiencing little to no symptoms. He continues to oversee business operations."

Dolan lives in New York -- the United States hotbed for the pandemic -- with over 53,000 identified cases.

Before the NBA shut down earlier this month, Dolan was reportedly the only NBA owner who didn't want to play games without fans or suspend the season ... despite the growing threat of the virus.

In addition to the Knicks and Rangers, Dolan also owns Madison Square Garden, the MSG network and several other venues across the country.

LaVar Ball Big Baller Brand Is A B-B-Billion Dollar Company

Published
Lavar Ball
BILLION BALLER BRAND

LaVar Ball is adding a 4th "B" to the Big Baller Brand -- claiming he believes the company is worth ... A BILLION DOLLARS!!

And, yeah, he's dead serious.

Here's the deal .. Papa Ball joined the guys on Barstool Sports' "Pardon My Take" on Friday to talk about the BBB comeback -- and that's when the topic turned the brand value.

The guys brought up to LaVar that if you do a Google search for "Big Baller Brand Worth" -- the first site that pops up claims BBB has a BILLION DOLLAR valuation (unclear how they came to that number).

So, when the hosts joked about Ball paying Google to make that article the top result, Ball doubled the hell down.

"Everybody knows it's worth a billion," Ball says. "Why do you think they coming at me so hard? They don't want this to take off, baby!"

You may laugh ... but Ball turned BBB into a household name when it launched in 2016 -- with everyone from Jay-Z to The Game buying up those $495-a-pair shoes.

But, things went south quickly over issues with shipping, product design issues and Lonzo publicly trashing the brand (he even got his BBB tattoo covered up).

And, don't forget Lonzo sued BBB co-founder Alan Foster for allegedly embezzling more than $2 million, allegations Foster has denied.

Now, LaVar is bringing it back -- and says the NEW Big Baller Brand will be bigger and better than ever ... with new shoes, shirts, hats and more.

In fact, Ball recently came into the TMZ office and told us he has BIG plans for BBB in 2020 -- from an animated TV series to tire rims and even BBB water.

And, with stars like Master P and Metta World Peace throwing their full support behind him -- who knows where it could go.

LeBron James Welcome To My Sneaker Vault Check Out My Air Max Collection!!!

Published

Nike's billion-dollar man went all-out for Air Max Day -- LeBron James gave a tour of his massive shoe collection ... and of course, it's sick.

March 26 is a national holiday for sneakerheads ... because it's the anniversary of the release of the first Air Max shoe, which came out back in 1987.

In honor of the special day, King James opened up the doors to his shoe vault to show off his incredible collection.

And, you know it's special when LBJ can barely contain himself going through all his boxes of new, classic, and unreleased kicks.

From the 95 De Lo Mios to the 90 Flyease to the DLX Susan Missing Link to the Off-White collabs and many more, LeBron shows off his dope kicks and explains why he likes them all so much.

LBJ even teases some shoes he can't show off because they won't come out for a LONG time. The perks of being the face of the brand!!

Bron shows off his own signature LeBron 15s that pay homage to the Air Max style ... saying it's one of his favorite sneaks to date.

It's good to be the King.

Harlem Globetrotters Fred 'Curly' Neal Dead At 77

Published
UPDATE

11:53 AM PT -- Globetrotters GM Jeff Munn just released a statement on Curly's passing ... saying "We have lost one of the most genuine human beings the world has ever known."

UPDATE

“His basketball skill was unrivaled by most, and his warm heart and huge smile brought joy to families worldwide. He always made time for his many fans and inspired millions.”

Tragic day for the basketball community ... beloved Harlem Globetrotters legend Fred "Curly" Neal has passed away. He was 77 years old.

Curly became one of the most recognizable players for the Globies during his 22-year stint with the team ... playing in more than 6,000 games.

Neal's #22 jersey was retired in 2008 ... one of just 5 players to receive the honor.

Curly was also featured in several of the Globetrotters' TV specials ... including "The Harlem Globetrotters on Gilligan's Island" and "The Harlem Globetrotters Popcorn Special" ... as well as 'Scooby-Doo.'

Curly was the team's elite ball handler for the Globetrotters after a successful career at Johnson C. Smith University ... where he averaged 23 points a game.

Fellow Globetrotters legend Curley "Boo" Johnson mourned the loss of his friend on Twitter, saying "Last night the World lost a true ambassador of the game of basketball and outside of Muhammad Ali one of the most recognizable faces on the Planet!"

"Rest In Peace my Brother.... "

Originally Published -- 11:22 AM PT

LeBron James Sued By NBA Photog ... You Jacked My Pic For FB Likes!!!

Published | Updated

An NBA photog claims LeBron James stole his picture and posted it on social media without permission ... and now, the guy is PISSED, suing the Lakers superstar looking for payment.

The photographer's name is Steven Mitchell ... and he says back on Dec. 13, 2019, he shot a SICK photo of LBJ dunking on Meyers Leonard in a Lakers vs. Heat game in Miami.

The problem? Mitchell says he noticed LeBron took the image shortly after the game and threw it up on his Instagram and Facebook pages without Mitchell's consent.

Some photogs don't mind the publicity ... and Bron was clearly appreciative of the art, captioning the pic, "What.A.Time.To.Be.Alive and I’m LIVING with Pure Joy! Thank you 🏀."

But, Mitchell clearly wasn't happy LeBron didn't reach out first ... and now, he's suing the NBA legend.

According to court docs obtained by TMZ Sports, Mitchell is asking for any cash LeBron might have made off the post. Alternatively, Mitchell's seeking up to $150k for each time Bron used the pic.

Dope pic, though.

We reached out to Bron's camp for comment -- so far, no word back.

Drake Shows Off Insane Shoe Closet ... During Quarantine

Published | Updated

Today in Drake's self-quarantine adventures ... Drizzy takes us on a walk through his unbelievable shoe collection!!!

And, yeah ... sneakerheads will be drooling by the end of this post.

Of course, Aubrey has plenty of time to kill in his Toronto mansion after he hung out with Kevin Durant in L.A. 2 weeks ago ... with the Brooklyn Nets superstar later testing positive for coronavirus.

032320_drake_kal
SNEAK PEEK

Drake showed off his kicks on IG Monday (probably out of complete boredom) ... and the collection has everything from the $2,000 super rare Air Diors (reportedly only 8,500 pairs made) to an entire section of Kobe Bryant's signature shoes.

On top of that, Drake shows off his Off-White Jordan 5s ... Supreme Air Force 1s and the Jordan 5 Tokyo T23, which currently go for the $3,000 to $4,000 range.

And, don't forget -- Drizzy can wear these expensive-ass shoes on his OVO indoor court from the comfort of his own home ... but we hope he doesn't hoop in these!!

This whole self-isolation thing ain't all that bad for Drake.

NBA's Jamal Murray Apologizes For Oral Sex Vid On IG ... I Was Hacked!!!

Published

Denver Nuggets star Jamal Murray claims he's been HACKED ... and a graphic video that surfaced on Instagram on Saturday was never intended for public consumption.

The video in question popped up on the 23-year-old's IG stories late Saturday night and was deleted a very short time after it went up -- but it still left his 450k followers in shock.

Sunday morning, he addressed the situation head-on ... saying, "First and foremost I would like to apologize to my fans. My account has been hacked, currently working on the issue. Thanks."

Obviously, we're not gonna post the video here.

We understand why Murray is apologizing ... but if what he's saying is true, an apology isn't necessary -- he's a victim and doesn't have to apologize for anything.

Murray had gone viral earlier in the week over a clip of him playing the piano while social distancing.

At least he's finding ways to stay busy while the whole world is on lockdown.