Demi Lovato's Mom Wasn't Sure She'd Survive But Demi's Happy and Healthy Now
Demi Lovato's mother says she was terrified for days her daughter was going to die, and she believes it was only the prayers of Demi's fans that saved her life.
Dianna De La Garza talked about the OD for the first time Tuesday during an interview with Newsmax TV -- and described the moment she rushed to Cedars-Sinai Hospital and saw Demi. Dianna stood by her bedside and said, "Demi, I'm here. I love you" and Demi responded, "I love you too."
She says it was absolutely touch-and-go for several days -- "We just didn't know for 2 days if she was going to make it." Demi's mom thanked the doctors, but added, "The reason she's alive today is because of the millions of prayers that went up that day."
The good news is ... Dianna says Demi is doing very well in rehab and feeling happy and healthy.
TMZ broke the story ... Demi suffered an OD in July after taking "aftermarket" pills that were supplied by Brandon Johnson. Although he's dodging charges in Demi's case, there's a warrant out for his arrest on a different drug case.
See also
Demi Lovato's Drug Dealer Warrant Issued in Cocaine Case
The man who admittedly gave Demi Lovato the drugs that led to her overdose is now a wanted man ... TMZ has learned.
The L.A. County D.A.'s Office tells us a judge issued a bench warrant for Brandon Johnson -- but not for Demi ... it's for his June arrest for cocaine possession and DUI. The court clerk says Johnson was a no-show for his arraignment Monday, so the judge wants him hauled in to face the music.
We're told once Johnson's arrested, his bail will be set at $26k.
We broke the story ... Johnson's rap sheet includes being busted in March with a stash of guns, drugs and cash -- along with this June arrest.
Despite openly admitting on camera, he hooked up Demi with "aftermarket" pills and got high with her in the hours leading up to her OD -- Johnson won't be arrested or even investigated for his role in that incident.
See also
Young Thug Drug Case If There Are Snitches ... Prosecutors Need to Tell Me
Young Thug thinks there might be a rat or two spilling the tea to cops in his Georgia drug case -- so he's asking a judge to order prosecutors to expose them.
YT's lawyers are demanding any and all info related to potential snitches who might've sold their client down the river in his drug case, where he was slapped with 8 felonies. If anyone cut a deal or got leniency in return for snitching on the rapper ... the lawyers want to know, and they want names.
Not only that ... Thug's lawyers also want info that will help them rip apart would-be canaries, including criminal records, personnel files and any other relevant dirt.
We broke the story ... Young Thug was charged with possession and intent to distribute meth, hydrocodone and weed. He's also charged with possession of amphetamine, Alprazolam, codeine (2 counts) and a firearm ... all stemming from his arrest last September when he got pulled over for tinted windows.
It's not the only legal case YT's dealing with right now -- he's also facing a felony gun charge from a weapons bust in L.A. last month.
See also
NFL's Corey Liuget Claims Trainer Injected Him w/ PEDs ... Sues For $15 MIL!!
Chargers star DL Corey Liuget claims his former trainer injected him with PEDs without his consent and cost him over $15 MILLION ... and now he's suing to get that cash back.
The NFL stud -- who's been with the Chargers since '11 -- was suspended for the first 4 games of this season after testing positive for a banned substance.
Now, Liuget's filed a lawsuit ... pointing the finger at his longtime trainer -- Ian Danney.
Liuget claims he went to get treatment for broken foot bones in November 2017 ... when Danney injected him with what he said was a "strong dose of an over-the-counter anti-inflammatory."
He says 2 days later he gave a urine sample ... and it came back dirty.
Liuget says he then confronted his trainer ... who admitted to giving him prescription medication -- but denied giving him a banned substance.
But, Liuget is still pissed ... and says it's cost him a fortune in salary and endorsements -- not to mention the public humiliation he says he's endured.
Liuget's asking for more than $15 MILLION in damages.
He's eligible to return to the field in 2 weeks.
See also
Matt Barnes I Smoked Weed Before Every Game ... Since High School
If you've seen Ex-NBA tough guy Matt Barnes play basketball, chances are you've seen him high as a kite ... because MB says he smoked weed before every game he played ... SINCE HIGH SCHOOL.
Barnes appeared on Van Lathan's 'Red Pill Podcast' and talked openly about the taboo of marijuana usage in pro sports ... and how he hopes to work with the NBA to change policies banning weed.
Matt then went on to explain he's not a poser ... he's an advocate and an avid smoker ... saying he toked up before NBA games.
"We'd have shoot around at 11, I'd be done by 12, back to the house by 12:30. Roll a joint, smoke it. Take a nap, wake up, eat, shower, and go to the game."
BTW -- Matt also told a HILARIOUS STORY about how he learned his limits with weed, and how going a little too hard with it led to some not-so-awesome results on the basketball court.
Waiting for your permission to load Soundcloud audio.
See also
Tiger Woods Probation for DUI Ends Early ... Free to Drink Again
Tiger Woods can throw back a celebratory cocktail or 2 because he's off probation for his DUI ... TMZ has learned.
Eldrick's probation was terminated by a judge a month earlier than expected because he "successfully completed all regular and special conditions" ... according to a new legal doc obtained by TMZ.
As we reported ... Woods copped a plea in his DUI case at his Florida hearing on October 27, 2017, and as part of his deal to avoid jail time he agreed to enter a DUI diversion program. He was also put on probation for 12 months, ordered to perform 50 hours of community service, and prohibited from drinking alcohol or taking drugs during the probation period ... but now it's over.
The golf legend was arrested for DUI on May 29, 2017 in Jupiter, FL after cops found him asleep at the wheel of his 2015 Mercedes. Once he awoke, Tiger was a discombobulated mess, which he claimed was the result of taking a cocktail of Rx drugs.
MAY 2017
Dash cam footage of his arrest showed Tiger was clearly in no shape to be behind the wheel, and he later went to rehab to get help for his prescription drug issues.
See also
Roseanne Barr 'The Conners' Writers Kill Me off With an Opioid OD
Roseanne Barr's character on "The Conners" will be killed off by an opioid overdose ... so says the comedian herself.
Barr was on Brandon Straka's "Walk Away" when she revealed the gigantic spoiler. Barr tells Straka the pill addiction story line was her own from last season, and it appears the writers for "The Conners" decided to run with it.
As we reported ... Barr got the ax from "Roseanne" just hours after she posted a tweet about former Obama aide Valerie Jarrett, comparing her to the "muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes."
Barr has worked on various projects since the firing ... appearing on podcasts and even hosting a talk show of her own.
It's still possible writers for "The Conners" could change their minds on how to kill Roseanne -- or it wasn't an OD at all -- but she seems pretty serious and pretty pissed about the whole thing.
See also
Mac Miller Death Certificate Cause of Death Still an Official Mystery
9/17 -- We've obtained Mac's death certificate which lists his official time of death as 11:51 AM PT on the morning of September 7. His occupation was listed as musician for 11 years. Mac will be buried at The Homewood Cemetery in Pittsburgh.
Mac Miller's cause of death is still officially unknown ... according to his death certificate.
TMZ's learned the doc, filed with L.A. County, notes the cause of death is "deferred" ... meaning the L.A. County Coroner is awaiting toxicology results.
The point of a death certificate with a deferred cause of death ... so the family can either bury or cremate the body. We've learned the Coroner has already released the body to Mac's family.
The toxicology results typically take 4 to 6 weeks.
TMZ broke the story ... the rapper was found dead of an apparent overdose last week in a bedroom at his San Fernando Valley home. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Authorities were alerted by a friend who called 911 from Mac's home. Emergency dispatch audio revealed first responders were called for a patient in cardiac arrest.
As we first reported ... cops think Mac's house was swept clean before cops searched it for clues as to how Mac died. Our sources say it makes no sense to them that someone who had consumed a fatal dose would have the foresight to sweep the house of pill bottles, illegal drugs as well as drug paraphernalia on the off chance they might die.
Originally published -- 9/11/2018 at 10:40 AM PT
See also
Dorial Green-Beckham Pleads Guilty to Drunk Driving
Ex-NFL wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham has pled guilty to misdemeanor DWI stemming from a December arrest in Missouri ... TMZ Sports has learned.
The story behind the arrest is crazy ...
The 25-year-old had gotten a call around 3 AM on Dec. 30 from a friend -- who was being arrested for DWI -- and needed Dorial to come pick him up.
When the WR arrived to the scene in his white Cadillac Escalade, cops say they noticed Dorial seemed drunk too and administered field sobriety tests ... which he failed. So, Dorial was arrested too.
Green-Beckham was later charged with misdemeanor Driving While Intoxicated -- and, according to court records, he appeared in court on Monday and pled guilty.
Sentencing is set for October -- he's facing up to 6 months in jail and a $1,000 fine.
Dorial Green-Beckham was one of the top high school WRs ever -- but never reached his potential in college or the NFL due to off-the-field issues.
He was drafted by the Titans in the 2nd round of the 2015 Draft but didn't last there long. The Eagles picked him up in 2016 and he played 1 season -- racking up 36 catches for 392 yards and 2 TDs.
The Eagles released him before the 2017 season.
See also
Mac Miller's Brother Joins Family in Preparation for Funeral
Mac Miller's brother -- the one in charge of handling his estate -- showed up at his parent's home as they grieved together and planned for Mac's funeral.
Miller McCormick carried boxes of beer Friday into the Pittsburgh home of his parents.
Mac chose Miller as his personal rep to handle his estate. Mac wrote his will back in 2013 when he was only 21 ... unusual for someone so young -- especially someone who didn't have a wife and kids -- to write a will.
The will gives no detail as to how much money Mac left or to whom it will go. Mac created a trust -- something lots of people do to avoid going through probate -- and the trust documents were not filed with the court.
Whatever assets Mac left that were not part of the trust will go into the trust, so the will is effectively a hollow document.
TMZ broke the story ... Mac died last week of an apparent drug overdose.
See also
Canelo Alvarez PED Scandal Won't Taint Legacy ... Says Boxing Legend
Former boxing champ Ray Mancini says Canelo Alvarez ain't like Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire and Ben Johnson ... cause unlike those guys, PED's won't hurt Alvarez's legacy.
Canelo is set to take on GGG Saturday in the biggest fight of the year ... but there are some people who think that an Alvarez win would be tainted by his positive drug tests from earlier this year.
You might remember, the fight was postponed because the Mexican champ twice tested dirty for Clenbuterol in his bloodstream ... blaming meat from his home country for the positive results.
We got Mancini out in NYC ... and asked the boxing Hall of Famer if Canelo's good name is ruined forever and Ray couldn't have been more clear ... NO.
"Either you can fight or you can't fight, you can punch or you can't, take a shot or you can't."
We feel what Ray is saying ... but we do know one thing that can DEFINITELY hurt Canelo's legacy ... another draw. SOMEONE KNOCK SOMEONE THE F**K OUT THIS TIME.
See also
Mel B, Stephen Belafonte Point for Mel in Custody Battle ... Drug Tests Come Back Clean
Mel B agreed to submit to random drug testing to prove she's a fit parent, and so far ... it looks like a good decision.
Mel was tested for drugs and alcohol 3 times recently -- on September 6, 7 and 10 -- and the results were negative for all of them ... according to new legal docs obtained by TMZ.
To be clear ... the results show she tested negative for everything -- alcohol, marijuana, cocaine and addictive painkillers.
We broke the story ... the Spice Girl agreed to submit to the testing for a limited time as part of her ongoing custody battle with Stephen Belafonte. This came after a member of their household staff accused her of being an alcoholic and a sex addict who's unfit to retain custody of their kids.
Mel strongly denied the accusations, and now has test results to back her up ... at least pertaining to the alcoholic claims.
As part of their last settlement, Mel B also agreed to submit to a child custody evaluation with psychological testing. In new legal docs, Belafonte proposed a list of custody evaluators.
As we reported, Mel says she's getting treatment for PTSD for her long and bitter divorce battle with Stephen. Clearly ... it ain't over yet.
See also
Ariana Grande to Mac Miller So Sorry I Couldn't Take Away Your Pain
Ariana Grande is sharing her heartbreak over Mac Miller's death for the first time, and her emotions include anger, sadness ... and deep regret she couldn't get him to stop using drugs.
Ariana posted a video she'd shot of Mac back when they were dating -- it's a touching clip of both of them giggling as he playfully asks her to stop recording. In the caption, she says, "I'm so mad, I'm so sad I don't know what to do. you were my dearest friend."
Waiting for your permission to load the Instagram Media.
She adds, "I'm so sorry I couldn't fix or take your pain away. I really wanted to."
Mac and Ariana were a couple for about 18 months, and he was by her side during the Manchester bombing.
She insinuates they had discussed the possibility of him overdosing ... saying, "I really can't wrap my head around it, we talked about this. so many times."
As we reported, Mac's friend Shane says Ariana was extremely supportive when Mac was sobering up, and went to great lengths to keep him on that path.
See also
Alex Rodriguez 'Prays' He Gets In Hall of Fame ... Despite PED Scandals
Alex Rodriguez says he's still holding on to his Hall of Fame dream -- even though he knows his PED scandals cut against him -- explaining, "I want to get in, I hope I get in, I pray I get in."
The ex-MLB superstar opened up to Cigar Aficionado (he LOVES cigars) -- and talked about everything from his shot at Cooperstown to Jennifer Lopez and Derek Jeter.
On the Hall of Fame ... A-Rod says:
"There’s rules, and you have to follow the rules. I made those mistakes, and at the end of the day I have to live by those mistakes."
"Whether I get in or not -- and let’s be clear, I want to get in, I hope I get in, I pray I get in -- if I don’t, I think I have a bigger opportunity yet again."
"And the platform of my mistakes, the good the bad and the ugly, has allowed me to have a loud voice to the next generation, to say when in doubt, just look at my career. The other message is, maybe I’m not a Hall of Fame player, but I get a chance to be a Hall of Fame dad, a Hall of Fame friend."
Those "mistakes" he's referring to ... the TWO incidents involving performance-enhancing drugs.
In 2009, he admitted to using PEDs from 2001 to 2003 while playing for the Texas Rangers. And then in 2013, he was busted for PEDs and was suspended for the entire 2014 season.
Despite the scandals, A-Rod is 4th on the MLB All-Time Home Run list, more than 3,000 hits, 14-time All-Star and a 3-time AL MVP. He has some of the greatest stats of all time.
There's more in the C.A. interview (on newsstands Sept. 25) ... including his friendship with Derek Jeter.
"Derek and I are friends. I’ve known Derek since we were 15 years old," A-Rod said.
"Like all relationships, there’s ups, there’s downs, there’s ups, but where it sits today is where it’s always sat -- with respect."
"I have a lot of love and admiration for Derek, and he’s a 5-time world champion and what I remember most about our relationship is he’s one of the greatest competitors, consummate professionals I’ve ever been around."
Alex also spoke about his relationship with girlfriend Jennifer Lopez ...
"Jennifer, when you talk about power, and you talk about beautiful, both inside and outside. The way she mothers her twins, the way she’s with my daughters. There’s just so much admiration. And what I love about Jennifer is how genuine, how real, and how much she does for others, and how much she inspires others, men and women."
And finally, how would Alex Rodriguez like to be remembered?
"I think, someone that has been through a lot. Has accomplished a lot. Has made great mistakes, but he refused to be defined by those mistakes."
See also
Mac Miller Frantic 911 Call 'Please Hurry!!!'
Mac Miller's friend knew the rapper was in a desperate state when he made the call to paramedics after finding Mac's body.
In the heavily redacted 911 call -- obtained by TMZ -- a male caller can be heard pleading with the operator to get a unit to Mac's home as soon as possible. At one point, the caller begs, "Please hurry."
Later on in the audio, you can hear the caller hysterically crying, and then the call is dropped.
We broke the story ... Mac was pronounced dead at his San Fernando Valley home last Friday from an apparent overdose. Cops found a tiny amount of white powder in the house, but believe the place was wiped clean of any drugs or paraphernalia. Law enforcement sources tell us it appeared Mac had been dead for hours before his body was discovered.
The rapper's cause of death remains a mystery as toxicology tests are pending.
His body was put on a plane Wednesday en route to his hometown of Pittsburgh for his funeral. We're told there will be a Jewish service for him at a chapel in the city later in the week.
He was 26. RIP
See also
Young Thug Turns Himself In For Felony Drug Case
Young Thug's got a brand new mug shot after surrendering to cops in Georgia to face multiple drug possession charges.
The rapper turned himself in Tuesday and remains behind bars. He's been held without bail, but will get to face a judge Thursday afternoon during a hearing to decide if he'll be allowed to post bail.
As TMZ first reported ... there was a grand jury warrant out for Thug's arrest in DeKalb County after he was indicted on 8 felony charges ... including possession and intent to distribute meth, hydrocodone and weed.
Young Thug's also been charged with possession of amphetamine, Alprazolam, codeine (2 counts) and a firearm. Cops say they found the drug cache in his car when they pulled him over last year ... for having tinted windows.